Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump claims gawd gave him Covid

(10-08-2020, 04:36 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020...-from-god/

In case you needed any more proof Trumpism is a death cult.  Fortunately my ballot came in the mail yesterday. Will vote out this fucker as soon as possible.

I think it's a response to the lunatic far-left that are claiming him having Covid is all a hoax:

[Image: LcJbx2j.png]

It certainly makes Trump look like an idiot though, and I'm not exactly sure why he wants to enrage the far left.

He IS an idiot.  One thing you and he have in common.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

He's smarter than you give him credit for.

There will definitely be a reason he made the comment, I don't think for a second he really believes it. It's aimed at someone - religious conservative voters perhaps?

(10-09-2020, 01:21 AM)Aractus Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 04:36 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020...-from-god/

In case you needed any more proof Trumpism is a death cult.  Fortunately my ballot came in the mail yesterday. Will vote out this fucker as soon as possible.

I think it's a response to the lunatic far-left that are claiming him having Covid is all a hoax:

[Image: LcJbx2j.png]

It certainly makes Trump look like an idiot though, and I'm not exactly sure why he wants to enrage the far left.

Michael Moore is a lying dork, too. I guess that's a tu coque argument, but that doesn't negate the truth of it.

And you don't know why you aren't "exactly sure why he wants to enrage the far left". ? Facepalm
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

(10-09-2020, 01:32 AM)Aractus Wrote: He's smarter than you give him credit for.

There will definitely be a reason he made the comment, I don't think for a second he really believes it. It's aimed at someone - religious conservative voters perhaps?

There's a reason all right.  He's demented.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

He might be, but I have SUCH a low bar for him to get under...
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Literally none of his actions have demonstrated this. He's just an impulsive coked up narcissist. That's about it. I totally believe a narcissist would believe such a thing about themselves. Oh, and he's also a Nazi. And Nazis are stupid.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

Being a lot smarter than your average garden slug isn't really high praise, 'Rectus.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Fireball, Szuchow

Meh, now he's suggested maybe the gold star family members he met with gave it to him.

He's definitely moved into territory which I think the medical term for is "fucking insane".
The following 2 users Like mordant's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Fireball

(10-08-2020, 09:39 PM)Cavebear Wrote: I don't know why you have a burr so far up your ass about me, but it isn't deserved.  You've been at me for months and I've stayed civil to you in spite of it.  I have replied politely and with questions that you would not answer.  In return, I get this kind of nonsense.  

The plain truth of the matter is that you are an an old-school bully.

I keep you OFF "ignore" because I want to understand how my fellow atheists think even when it pains me.

[Image: a5b.png]
The following 3 users Like Inkubus's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard, Thumpalumpacus, SYZ

(10-09-2020, 02:17 AM)mordant Wrote: Meh, now he's suggested maybe the gold star family members he met with gave it to him.

He's definitely moved into territory which I think the medical term for is "fucking insane".

In the service, we called this "shittin' in your mess-kit".
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Minimalist

(10-09-2020, 01:32 AM)Aractus Wrote: He's smarter than you give him credit for...

There's actually no evidence to support this.  In fact, all the evidence—such as it is—points to
exactly the opposite.

A few EGs...

Exercise shortens your life,

Wind farms cause cancer,    [the noise from the turbines]

Global warming is a Chinese hoax,

"I'm the most successful person ever to run for the presidency, by far. Nobody's ever been more successful than me".

His inauguration crowd was bigger than Obama’s,

The lie that his father was born in Germany,    [he was born in NY]

"It's really cold outside, they are calling it a major freeze, weeks ahead of normal. Man, we could use a big fat dose of global warming!"

"If you look at Saddam Hussein, he killed terrorists. I'm not saying he was an angel, but this guy killed terrorists".

His use of religion follows the playbook of authoritarian-leaning leaders the world over,

Not placing the CDC in charge of the pandemic response,

It was not his voice on the 2005 "Access Hollywood" tape,    [grab 'em by the pussy]

Pershing executed Muslim terrorists with "blood-tipped bullets".

"The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive."

—These are NOT the thoughts or actions of an astute, intelligent, rational man.      Weeping
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Szuchow, Minimalist

Hope Hicks is...god?
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post:
  • Fireball

For once you got something right.

While he is not the brightest bulb, he has normal intelligence. As severely disordered person, he has grown up to apply his brain cells in a much different way than we do. It's all geared towards gaslighting, manipulation and evasion. He hasn't done too badly at it, considering he is sitting in the White House. 

But, dementia is a bitch, and the steroids are interacting badly with his disorder.  He is unravelling. Instead of his usual doubling down, he is now flip-flopping. The chaos he loves to create and control is getting the better of him. This won't end pretty. He is starting to act like a cornered animal...
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, TheGentlemanBastard

(10-08-2020, 08:37 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Joe Pesci would handle some fucking business.

I got that one on my first read. Some did not. Seriously I laughed on this thread, made my day. All in all a cavebear lives in a... cave.

-just another asshole-
The following 1 user Likes LastPoet's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(10-08-2020, 08:40 PM)Cavebear Wrote: What is this big deal about Joe Pesci?    He is an actor of moderate ability at best.

May I ask, are you autistic? By vary interactions you seem to have a low grasp of human conversation. Do not feel bad its a honest question, so please state your mind and why you have difficulties in general conversations.
The following 1 user Likes LastPoet's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

(10-09-2020, 01:15 PM)LastPoet Wrote: Seriously I laughed on this thread, made my day.

At your service, m'friend.
On hiatus.

(10-09-2020, 01:51 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

Being a lot smarter than your average garden slug isn't really high praise, 'Rectus.

Trump is as crazy as a shit house rat.  Aides have told the media that at meetings to deal with the covid crisis he would derail the meetings to rant for 45 minutes about how poorly Fox news was treating him.  Trump is incompetent and stupid.  Biden is going to have a hard job of cleaning up after 4 years of Trump incompetence.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 3 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dom, GenesisNemesis

(10-08-2020, 11:41 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 11:21 PM)trdsf Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 08:40 PM)Cavebear Wrote: What is this big deal about Joe Pesci?    He is an actor of moderate ability at best.

(if it doesn't jump to the right time, it starts at 6:53)
I can barely imagine it.  With one of George Carlin's best routines of all time, you got Joe Pesci into it!  If that was deliberate, you are one of the sneakiest dudes of all time.  If it wasn't deliberate, then you are one of the luckiest.

Not that it actually informs me about Pesci and his movies, but  Thumbs Up
It was deliberate.  I happened to remember this bit about Carlin praying to Joe Pesci, and it seemed relevant.  XD
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 2 users Like trdsf's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, GenesisNemesis