Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump claims gawd gave him Covid

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020...-from-god/

In case you needed any more proof Trumpism is a death cult. Fortunately my ballot came in the mail yesterday. Will vote out this fucker as soon as possible.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 5 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, Cavebear, brewerb, Finite Monkeys, RobbyPants

For the record, I wouldn't give him a virus, I'd give him 20-30 inland taipans.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Cavebear, Thumpalumpacus

(10-08-2020, 04:36 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2020...-from-god/

In case you needed any more proof Trumpism is a death cult.  Fortunately my ballot came in the mail yesterday. Will vote out this fucker as soon as possible.

My Biden ballot was filled out the day it arrived. But the drop boxes are in out-of-the-way locations and I don't drive much. I'll do it this week for sure though. Never missed an election yet...
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(10-08-2020, 04:42 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: For the record, I wouldn't give him a virus, I'd give him 20-30 inland taipans.

I hope those are painful...
  • GenesisNemesis

Maybe God did give him this shit, or at least his ancestors. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...094758.htm
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(10-08-2020, 05:09 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 04:42 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: For the record, I wouldn't give him a virus, I'd give him 20-30 inland taipans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_tai...al_effects

For the record, it's twice as poisonous as the most poisonous sea snake.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Cavebear

(10-08-2020, 05:48 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 05:09 PM)Cavebear Wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inland_tai...al_effects

For the record, it's twice as poisonous as the most poisonous sea snake.

Someone should tell Trump they are a cure for his personal Covid... Just him, mind you. Whistling
  • Gawdzilla Sama

So in the old days "god" used to smite people with a bolt of lightning.  Now he's reduced to using a virus with a hit or miss possibility of causing death.  "God" has become as big a wimp as Fuckface.

Maybe "god" has bone spurs, too?
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 4 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Cavebear, GenesisNemesis, Finite Monkeys, LastPoet

(10-08-2020, 05:58 PM)Minimalist Wrote: So in the old days "god" used to smite people with a bolt of lightning.  Now he's reduced to using a virus with a hit or miss possibility of causing death.  "God" has become as big a wimp as Fuckface.

"God"? Who he...

(10-08-2020, 05:58 PM)Minimalist Wrote: So in the old days "god" used to smite people with a bolt of lightning.  Now he's reduced to using a virus with a hit or miss possibility of causing death.  "God" has become as big a wimp as Fuckface.

Joe Pesci would handle some fucking business.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, LastPoet

(10-08-2020, 08:37 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

What is this big deal about Joe Pesci? He is an actor of moderate ability at best.
  • GenesisNemesis

(10-08-2020, 08:40 PM)Cavebear Wrote: What is this big deal about Joe Pesci?    He is an actor of moderate ability at best.

Watch his mobster movies. Maybe you'll get it.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(10-08-2020, 08:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 08:40 PM)Cavebear Wrote: What is this big deal about Joe Pesci?    He is an actor of moderate ability at best.

I don't watch movies much. Especially not "mobster movies". The crazed violence of criminals does not excite me or cause me to feel admiration for the characters real or fictional.
  • GenesisNemesis

(10-08-2020, 08:51 PM)Cavebear Wrote:

I don't watch movies much.  Especially not "mobster movies".  The crazed violence of criminals does not excite me or cause me to feel admiration for the characters real or fictional.

Which explains why you're commenting on something you don't understand?

It's cute that you have an opinion. It's sad that you have such a crippled sense of humor.

I fully expect you to shit bricks because I used the word "crippled". Oh well.
On hiatus.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Szuchow, TheGentlemanBastard, GenesisNemesis, LastPoet

He's out of mana.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 2 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Minimalist, GenesisNemesis

(10-08-2020, 08:55 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 08:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Watch his mobster movies. Maybe you'll get it.

I don't watch movies much.  Especially not "mobster movies".  The crazed violence of criminals does not excite me or cause me to feel admiration for the characters real or fictional.

It's cute that you have an opinion. It's sad that you have such a crippled sense of humor.

I see Carebear is up to his usual antics. [Image: Eye_Roll.gif]
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Szuchow

(10-08-2020, 08:55 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 08:44 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Watch his mobster movies. Maybe you'll get it.

I have thoughts. I try to explain my views rationally. "Cuteness" is not remotely relevant although I do joke a bit at times with posters I think will understand. You must think I am a raging politically-correct communist or something. I don't know why. I dislike most "politically-correct" terms. "Crippled" doesn't even make me blink. I hear "differently-abled" and laugh at the evasion.

I don't know why you have a burr so far up your ass about me, but it isn't deserved. You've been at me for months and I've stayed civil to you in spite of it. I have replied politely and with questions that you would not answer. In return, I get this kind of nonsense.

The plain truth of the matter is that you are an an old-school bully.

If I WASN'T trying to stay polite, I would call you a "crap-faced, shit-mouthed, mother-fucking intolerant asshole idiot who can't stand anyone who annoys you in the least degree". But of course, I would never actually say that...

You couldn't make me "shit bricks" if you were pointing a gun at me. I would spit in your face.

I keep you OFF "ignore" because I want to understand how my fellow atheists think even when it pains me.

(10-08-2020, 09:39 PM)Cavebear Wrote: If I WASN'T trying to stay polite, I would call you a "crap-faced, shit-mouthed, mother-fucking intolerant asshole idiot who can't stand anyone who annoys you in the least degree".  But of course, I would never actually say that...

There's some redneck passive-aggression -- I know it when I see it. Why, bless your heart.

The difference between you and me is that I will tell you right now I think you're thoughtless and clearly find it difficult to put yourself in someone else's place, which of course limits your ability to keep up in a discussion. I don't suffer fools lightly and won't carve out an exception for you. Be it praise or scorn, I don't mince words.

Don't worry, you'll live. I'm just one more asshole online.
On hiatus.
  • Szuchow

Snakes are venomous. [Image: Gagged.png]

(10-08-2020, 08:40 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 08:37 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

What is this big deal about Joe Pesci?    He is an actor of moderate ability at best.

(if it doesn't jump to the right time, it starts at 6:53)
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 5 users Like trdsf's post:
  • Cavebear, Thumpalumpacus, Inkubus, Old Man Marsh, LastPoet

(10-08-2020, 11:21 PM)trdsf Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 08:40 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 08:37 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Joe Pesci would handle some fucking business.

What is this big deal about Joe Pesci?    He is an actor of moderate ability at best.

(if it doesn't jump to the right time, it starts at 6:53)

I can barely imagine it. With one of George Carlin's best routines of all time, you got Joe Pesci into it! If that was deliberate, you are one of the sneakiest dudes of all time. If it wasn't deliberate, then you are one of the luckiest.

Not that it actually informs me about Pesci and his movies, but Thumbs Up

Yeah, I can't tell you the name of the movie.  But whatever it was he was really annoying as well as vicious.  He made you want to do to him whatever he was doing to a victim.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

(10-08-2020, 10:57 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 09:39 PM)Cavebear Wrote: If I WASN'T trying to stay polite, I would call you a "crap-faced, shit-mouthed, mother-fucking intolerant asshole idiot who can't stand anyone who annoys you in the least degree".  But of course, I would never actually say that...

There's some redneck passive-aggression -- I know it when I see it. Why, bless your heart.

The difference between you and me is that I will tell you right now I think you're thoughtless and clearly find it difficult to put yourself in someone else's place, which of course limits your ability to keep up in a discussion. I don't suffer fools lightly and won't carve out an exception for you. Be it praise or scorn, I don't mince words.

Don't worry, you'll live. I'm just one more asshole online.

I am fascinated by your ability to suggest that I am an overblown liberal crybaby who would "shit bricks" over a politically-incorrect phrase in one post and then refer to "redneck passive-aggression" in the next. Does the concept of consistency ever cross your mind even a little?

I am also curious about your idea that I don't put myself in others' places. Here I am, an aging white male, posting about the wrongs done to people who are not like me. And I "clearly find it difficult to put yourself in someone else's place". That takes some gall.

Well, I don't suffer fools lightly either. I said what I thought of you and I see you got my point quite clearly, didn't you? Apparently sarcasm even gets through to you.

You never have actually directed me to the posts that offended you. On another discussion board, I knew a person like you. I thought of him as "Drive-By-Don". He would make some vague and never-proven allegations about me or some other poster and, when pressed, just kept repeating his original claims as if that proved his original point.

And some people fell for it ("well he provided a link, right?"). There are people like that everywhere. There is even a club for them. Here's your hat... Tip hat

BTW, that comment about "do you English much?" cracked me up. Verbalizing nouns is hilarious.

Now, meanwhile, regardless of your opinion of me and my style of visiting and posting, I think I will return to discussing subjects of interest to me. Don't be too hard on yourself; you are, as you yourself said, "just one more asshole online".

(10-09-2020, 12:15 AM)Cavebear Wrote: [blahblahblah]

My apathy meter is pegged. Type more.
On hiatus.
  • Cavebear

(10-09-2020, 12:43 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 12:15 AM)Cavebear Wrote: [blahblahblah]

My apathy meter is pegged. Type more.

Nothing like a pegged meter to clog things up.  Try pliers.  

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2Foriginal...f=1&nofb=1]