Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheistforum.com shutting down, invites?

Holy shit! We're cheesing another thread?

Already?!

[Image: gouda_hero_grande.jpg?v=1529434181]
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Thumpalumpacus

(01-26-2019, 02:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 07:56 AM)LastPoet Wrote: Your pain is noted EvF. I liked you back there some years ago. Reasonable shy guy. Slowly you evolved into what you are now. You asked to be banned. Denied, we don't ban by request. You were offered to have your pass scrambled instead, to wich you wanted to do, self martyrizing jesus like exile style.

Well, you could contact Tibs. He is most reasonable, but I think the way you have been running your typing about him, and I have to say -not just- , as a self exiled member, why should we go against your will, to have pass scrambled?

(01-26-2019, 02:11 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Oh look! A turd shitting on the thread!

<snip>

You wouldn't know objectivity if it hit you in the face. Utter, utter bullshit and nonsense on AF's part.).

'Kay, so, this thread is now about cheese. ("'Kay, so", get it, eh?)

Seriously, there's already been one thread needing cleanup due to AF.org drama spilling here. Keep this shit there.

Anyway, the only drama we want here is the drama that gruyere:

[Image: 150gruyereblacklabel.jpg]

I really like that you kept the very best and wittiest two lines of my post intact though Big Grin No sarcasm Big Grin Good choice of parts to not snip!

I guess, Ultra-Concise Possible Future Evie, that may or may not one day exist, would literally only post the part you quoted and not post any of the other stuff that you snipped.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 2 users Like EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, LadyforCamus

(01-26-2019, 02:58 PM)Aliza Wrote: Holy shit! We're cheesing another thread?

Already?!

Yep, and surprise surprise, it's AF again, lol.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(01-26-2019, 03:14 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:

Already?!

I haven't had a moment to look through the thread, so I better not find any reason to dig up avocado cheese. 

You don't want me posting any avocado cheese up in these threads.  Justaminute
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(01-26-2019, 03:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 03:14 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:

Already?!

I haven't had a moment to look through the thread, so I better not find any reason to dig up avocado cheese. 

It;s a bad whey to go, no matter how you slice it.
On hiatus.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Aliza, Smercury44, Fireball, EvieTheAvocado

(01-26-2019, 03:36 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 03:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 03:14 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Yep, and surprise surprise, it's AF again, lol.

You Gouda be kidding me, more puns? I thought we could Brie better than this.
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”
The following 3 users Like Smercury44's post:
  • Aliza, Thumpalumpacus, EvieTheAvocado

(01-26-2019, 02:21 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 02:18 PM)LadyforCamus Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 04:55 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: Not sure they're really past them. The site traffic is really slowing down. Used to be when you clicked on "today's posts" you'd get four or five pages. Now, I'm only getting 2.

That’s what happens when almost all of your resident theists abandon ship... Dodgy

I can see why, though.

I wish we had SteveII back over here. He was, and is, one of the most reasonable ones.

Where did he go?
The following 1 user Likes LadyforCamus's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

Haven't seen him around here for a while. Assumed he went back over to AF.

Certain folks, such as Bucky Ball and JesseB, may have scared him off.

I basically told them that if they don't find people like SteveII reasonable (by theist standards) ... then they're not really gonna find pretty much any theists reasonable.

He's the most reasonable Christian debater I've come across on AF or AD (with exception of tackattack).

The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • LadyforCamus

(01-26-2019, 03:41 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 03:36 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 03:19 PM)Aliza Wrote: I haven't had a moment to look through the thread, so I better not find any reason to dig up avocado cheese. 

You Gouda be kidding me, more puns? I thought we could Brie better than this.

I guess you're feta'p already?

<smacks Merc on the bee-hind>
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Smercury44

(01-26-2019, 03:11 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 02:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 07:56 AM)LastPoet Wrote: Your pain is noted EvF. I liked you back there some years ago. Reasonable shy guy. Slowly you evolved into what you are now. You asked to be banned. Denied, we don't ban by request. You were offered to have your pass scrambled instead, to wich you wanted to do, self martyrizing jesus like exile style.

Well, you could contact Tibs. He is most reasonable, but I think the way you have been running your typing about him, and I have to say -not just- , as a self exiled member, why should we go against your will, to have pass scrambled?

(01-26-2019, 02:11 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Oh look! A turd shitting on the thread!

<snip>

You wouldn't know objectivity if it hit you in the face. Utter, utter bullshit and nonsense on AF's part.).

'Kay, so, this thread is now about cheese. ("'Kay, so", get it, eh?)

Seriously, there's already been one thread needing cleanup due to AF.org drama spilling here. Keep this shit there.

Anyway, the only drama we want here is the drama that gruyere:

[Image: 150gruyereblacklabel.jpg]

I really like that you kept the very best and wittiest two lines of my post intact though Big Grin No sarcasm Big Grin Good choice of parts to not snip!

I guess, Ultra-Concise Possible Future Evie, that may or may not one day exist, would literally only post the part you quoted and not post any of the other stuff that you snipped.

No editorializing in my <snip>, just grab the first and last lines instead of repeating a long post, is all.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(01-26-2019, 03:19 PM)Aliza Wrote: I haven't had a moment to look through the thread, so I better not find any reason to dig up avocado cheese. 

But ... but ... but but but ... but ... but it sounds so delicious!

(01-26-2019, 08:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: No editorializing in my <snip>, just grab the first and last lines instead of repeating a long post, is all.

Well, in that case, maybe I should just keep my intro and outros in the future ... if I'm thinking about mega-posting, lol.

(01-26-2019, 09:27 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 08:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: No editorializing in my <snip>, just grab the first and last lines instead of repeating a long post, is all.

Well, in that case, maybe I should just keep my intro and outros in the future ... if I'm thinking about mega-posting, lol.

Not offering advice here, just saying that "backspace" is my friend. I get to write out everything I feel, and then take out  the details so as to keep the flow going in the thread. If someone has a question, I've often already answered it in the content I've erased, but it's still in my head.

Usually, the more concise I am, the more likes I get ... and I really prefer a dagger to a battle-ax when it comes to writing. Less is almost always more.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball

We need a meme with a luscious piece of cheese that says "You've been AF'ed".

Hell, we could even somehow merge that with a meme that says "I'm contacting the EU authorities!"

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 4 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Aliza, Fireball, Thumpalumpacus, julep

(01-26-2019, 09:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 09:27 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:

Not offering advice here, just saying that "backspace" is my friend. I get to write out everything I feel, and then take out  the details so as to keep the flow going in the thread. If someone has a question, I've often already answered it in the content I've erased, but it's still in my head.

Usually, the more concise I am, the more likes I get ... and I really prefer a dagger to a battle-ax when it comes to writing. Less is almost always more.

"Not offering advice" *offers advice*

Only teasing you, lol.

Yeah ... I mean ... the biggest problem with me is not the inability to edit stuff out (or to backspace) ... it's the difficulty with decision making. Never sure what to remove and what to keep. THAT'S where I struggle.

This doesn't just affect my talking and my writing ... it even affects my shopping. Seriously.

If you ever ended up in my town ... and in one of my local supermarkets. ... I'm the guy who is buying 10 varieties of everything because he can't decide on which to buy so he buys it all.

I'm serious about this. Not joking.

Btw, coming back to not knowing what stuff to leave out ... I GET that I'm supposed to take out the unimportant stuff and leave in the important stuff ... but that's just begging the question for me. You may then say "Well some of the stuff is clearly not important and is pretty irrelevant..." but to me NONE of it is really all that important. I don't take life very seriously. So then that doesn't help either! To me ... NOTHING anyone rights here is IMPORTANT. This place is a HOBBY. And this place can be INTERESTING ... and USEFUL to pass the time, to learn from others, to change one's mind, to get support from internet friends ... but I wouldn't describe ANY forum post as IMPORTANT. I don't take life, or myself, seriously. Just my opinions. (why my opinions? Because opinions are beliefs and beliefs hold everything together. As someone who previously suffered psychosis... my #1 priority is always to avoid sufferring further delusions/false beliefs).

Hopefully I have sufficiently psychoanalyzed myself so nobody else has to.

(01-26-2019, 03:19 PM)Aliza Wrote: You don't want me posting any avocado cheese up in these threads.  Justaminute

By the way ... I know you're only teasing ... and, as one of a trinity of forum empresses on AD, you are well within your rights to splatter my avocado-y self all over the wall (although that would be a waste if you wanna enjoy a good avocado-cheese grilled sandwich! (as you say!)).

... but I just wanna make sure I play my role in the forum drama properly here ... what character do I star as again? Oh yeah ... I remember: is this the part where I'm supposed to ask you if you're making a "threat"? Tongue

Heart Bowing

You want avocado toast; you have avocado toast. But I'm sure that you and others are too busy enjoying me as part of the forum (word) salad, haha. You'll let me know if I legit cross a line. Heart

(01-26-2019, 09:41 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 09:32 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(01-26-2019, 09:27 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Well, in that case, maybe I should just keep my intro and outros in the future ... if I'm thinking about mega-posting, lol.

"Not offering advice" *offers advice*

Only teasing you, lol.

Yeah ... I mean ... the biggest problem with me is not the inability to edit stuff out (or to backspace) ... it's the difficulty with decision making. Never sure what to remove and what to keep. THAT'S where I struggle.

This doesn't just affect my talking and my writing ... it even affects my shopping. Seriously.

If you ever ended up in my town ... and in one of my local supermarkets. ... I'm the guy who is buying 10 varieties of everything because he can't decide on which to buy so he buys it all.

I'm serious about this. Not joking.

Btw, coming back to not knowing what stuff to leave out ... I GET that I'm supposed to take out the unimportant stuff and leave in the important stuff ... but that's just begging the question for me. You may then say "Well some of the stuff is clearly not important and is pretty irrelevant..." but to me NONE of it is really all that important. I don't take life very seriously. So then that doesn't help either! To me ... NOTHING anyone rights here is IMPORTANT. This place is a HOBBY. And this place can be INTERESTING ... and USEFUL to pass the time, to learn from others, to change one's mind, to get support from internet friends ... but I wouldn't describe ANY forum post as IMPORTANT. I don't take life, or myself, seriously. Just my opinions. (why my opinions? Because opinions are beliefs and beliefs hold everything together. As someone who previously suffered psychosis... my #1 priority is always to avoid sufferring further delusions/false beliefs).

Hopefully I have sufficiently psychoanalyzed myself so nobody else has to.

This is why we're different. I'm a writer; I write as a hobby, and that includes rewrites, which naturally involves editing. And as most writers will tell you, "rewrite = original - 10%". In other words, find a way to boil it down so that every word counts. I do the same here, I think.

I view posting here as a hobby, sure, but I also view it as an exercise in writing, getting the most mileage out of the fewest words.

When it comes to writing, I prefer stabbing to bludgeoning.

[This post should have about 80 fewer words, but oh well.]
On hiatus.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Aliza, Marozz, Fireball, EvieTheAvocado

I thought this thread had been cheesed earlier...

So I thought very Caerphilly about it, but couldn't add anything more.         Winking
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 4 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Smercury44, julep, EvieTheAvocado, Thumpalumpacus

Okay I gotta admit you scared me a minute there. Now I see you said .com, NOT .org. I am still at both forums (as in here, and AF.org.) I can't lose another forum. My heart can't take it. Never even knew AF.com existed, so no loss for me there.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
The following 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post:
  • Fireball

(01-26-2019, 11:00 PM)SYZ Wrote: I thought this thread had been cheesed earlier...

So I thought very Caerphilly about it, but couldn't add anything more.         Winking

There must be a lot of rustinu head. Puns are a dime a dozen.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, Smercury44, SYZ

(01-26-2019, 02:11 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
Show ContentSpoiler:

At least you got all that off your chest. *emperor palpatine smile*

What kind of cheese do you want?

I love lamp.
The following 2 users Like LadyforCamus's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, jerry mcmasters

(01-27-2019, 05:36 PM)LastPoet Wrote: What kind of cheese do you want?

Gorgonzola but not today.

Probably not today anyway. Depends how hungry I get.

Have some Cambozola:

[Image: 20564900000.0.jpg?resizeid=3&resizeh=600&resizew=600]

(01-27-2019, 10:52 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 05:36 PM)LastPoet Wrote: What kind of cheese do you want?

Gorgonzola but not today.

Probably not today anyway. Depends how hungry I get.

Have some Cambozola:

[Image: 20564900000.0.jpg?resizeid=3&resizeh=600&resizew=600]

While mold is part of them french cheese, I can do you one better. Chulé cheese. Or to you ignorant Brits, cheese that smells like feet but darn good.
The following 1 user Likes LastPoet's post:
  • Aliza

(01-26-2019, 06:07 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote: Haven't seen him around here for a while. Assumed he went back over to AF.

Certain folks, such as Bucky Ball and JesseB, may have scared him off.

I basically told them that if they don't find people like SteveII reasonable (by theist standards) ... then they're not really gonna find pretty much any theists reasonable.

He's the most reasonable Christian debater I've come across on AF or AD (with exception of tackattack).

Reasonable, I guess but, not very interesting.  At least when I PM'd him he was forthright about just being interested in improving his apologetics.  He never seemed to try to understand points that didn't serve his narrative.  So in the end I lost interest.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • julep, Thumpalumpacus