Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheistforum.com shutting down, invites?

Short time to PM sometime over there.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Holy shit, really?
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Aroura

https://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=13276.0
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • Tres Leches

Well, I for one welcome our new alien overlords...Uh, I mean heavy influx of new peeps.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Tres Leches

Another atheist website is going tits up?
Hell, send every last one of 'em over here! Somebody make a thread with an AD link!

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 5 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Aliza, Smercury44, EvieTheAvocado, Emma, Gwaithmir

(01-17-2019, 01:37 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Another atheist website is going tits up?
Hell, send every last one of 'em over here! Somebody make a thread with an AD link!

-Teresa

Is some nefarious bad guy out there quietly threatening the owners of atheist forums?  "Quietly shut down your forum...or else..."
The following 6 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Tres Leches, Alan V, Vera, julep, Tartarus Sauce, Vosur

Well, shit.  I just went there.  I can think of a few people who will be getting invites over here.

Sucks but it sounds oddly like the reason that TTA folded.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Tres Leches, EvieTheAvocado

(01-17-2019, 01:39 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 01:37 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Another atheist website is going tits up?

-Teresa

Is some nefarious bad guy out there quietly threatening the owners of atheist forums?  "Quietly shut down your forum...or else..."

Woah! What if some religious organization is buying them out!?
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Tres Leches, EvieTheAvocado

What exactly happened over there?  Someone said that they were allowing more theists, or some such thing?
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • c172, EvieTheAvocado

(01-17-2019, 01:39 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:

-Teresa

Yeah, really - I'm starting to wonder. Wink

We atheists will never go away! Hahahahahaha

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

The following 3 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • Aliza, Gwaithmir, EvieTheAvocado

(01-17-2019, 01:26 AM)c172 Wrote: https://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=13276.0

I just read the thread. Oof. 
Come on over here, folks. We'd like to meet some new people. Smile

-Teresa

The following 3 users Like Tres Leches's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Emma, Gwaithmir

I joined awhile back. It's poorly posted in, so no surprise about it shutting down.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

I hate how mysterious he's being, but I'm nosy that way. Hate being left hanging.

Oh, well. Haven't posted over there in years. Felt kind of cliquish.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • Tres Leches, Aroura

I posted a link and an invite.  The rest is up to them.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 4 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Tres Leches, jerry mcmasters, Gwaithmir, EvieTheAvocado

(01-17-2019, 01:49 AM)c172 Wrote: I hate how mysterious he's being, but I'm nosy that way. Hate being left hanging.

Well, tell them about AD and AF. Maybe they'll find a good fit between the two of us.
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Tres Leches, LadyforCamus

(01-17-2019, 01:50 AM)Minimalist Wrote: I posted a link and an invite.  The rest is up to them.

You rated us "pretty good". In Min-speak, that's A ++, right?  Tongue

-Teresa

(01-17-2019, 01:49 AM)Fireball Wrote: I joined awhile back. It's poorly posted in, so no surprise about it shutting down.

Oh shit okay.  I thought it was the forum everyone's been coming from, this is a different forum.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Vera

(01-17-2019, 01:49 AM)c172 Wrote: I hate how mysterious he's being, but I'm nosy that way. Hate being left hanging.

It could be happening for an innocuous, unexciting reason that the owner just wants to keep private. The problem with not communicating the reason is that people tend to fill in the blanks themselves.

-Teresa

The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • c172

(01-17-2019, 01:53 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:

It could be happening for an innocuous, unexciting reason that the owner just wants to keep private. The problem with not communicating the reason is that people tend to fill in the blanks themselves.

-Teresa

Well then obviously he or she found Jesus.
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • c172, Tres Leches, LadyforCamus

(01-17-2019, 01:53 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:

-Teresa

I'm not one to fill in blanks, but I would have to say that what probably happened is the owner fell into a gambling, hooker, and drug-fueled debt to the Pope, who has sent out a bunch of really pale bald assassins to square up and the only way to make things right is to shut down the forum.  It's all quite obvious.
The following 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Escape Artist, Tres Leches, Full Circle

There are too many AF's, EA is getting a confuse hobo At first I read this as AF.org was shuttering its doors.
Welp, come 'on in AF.commers - I'll roll out the Texas welcome wagon. Shotgun Beercheer  Tip hat
[Image: cyXfMMa.jpg?1]
The following 3 users Like Escape Artist's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Aliza, Tartarus Sauce

(01-17-2019, 01:50 AM)Aliza Wrote:

Well, tell them about AD and AF. Maybe they'll find a good fit between the two of us.

Wait, I keep forgetting that there's two different AF's.  One is a .com and the other is....?
                                                         T4618

(01-17-2019, 01:53 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 01:49 AM)Fireball Wrote: I joined awhile back. It's poorly posted in, so no surprise about it shutting down.

Oh shit okay.  I thought it was the forum everyone's been coming from, this is a different forum.

There's always been a it of confusion, because they are both called "AtheistForums". The one allegedly closing is a .com, and the one many people are allegedly bailing from is a .org. AF.com has always been small, as far as I can tell.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 3 users Like Fireball's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Tres Leches, Vosur

(01-17-2019, 02:01 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 01:50 AM)Aliza Wrote:

Wait, I keep forgetting that there's two different AF's.  One is a .com and the other is....?

.org

Now there is only the .org variety of AF.

Gee, all these sites folding for flaky reasons kind of reflect badly on the greater community. Maybe atheists just don't do community very well. Well, until this place at least. (Aliza/Mathilda hold out for big money!)
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 4 users Like Mark's post:
  • Aliza, Tres Leches, Fireball, TheGentlemanBastard