Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Mueller Report Incoming

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-03-2019, 07:54 PM)Dom Wrote: If your neighborhood becomes thoroughly infested with gangs who claim your children, you wouldn't flee? I sure would.

Why are you here? Just because you enjoy being contrarian? Or do you ever have actual documentation for your claims?
We have gang infested neighborhoods in the USA.  People do move away.  But running towards Canada (example) without filling out the proper immigration papers is not typically an issue. 

I am here because the forum is advertised as an Atheist Discussion forum and I am an atheist.   How is that contrarian?  Oh Wait!  You mean political leaning - one way - OMB.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-03-2019, 08:17 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Did you miss when Trump did exactly that?

Anyway, keep on straw manning because you're too politically biased to understand this concept.

Trump did that in response to a sheriff talking about MS-13 gang members.

And you are too young to understand the problem of illegal and/or unrestrained immigration.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-03-2019, 09:06 PM)Rainy_D Wrote: And you are too young to understand 

I'm sure I understand a lot more than you about forgiving others and acting out of compassion rather than aggression, considering the problems I've had in my family, which you know nothing about. Also physical age has little to do with maturity.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-03-2019, 03:41 PM)Rainy_D Wrote: [Image: 6c3yhy3ciwj21.jpg]

Mueller never was the right man for the job.  U1.

So let me get this straight.

Despite every intelligence agency in the US unequivocally stating that the Russians interfered in the 2016 elections via utilizing social media and hacking, you prefer to take the word of Donald Trump who says they didn't do that? 

Instead you are insisting the the DNC did it, without providing any actual evidence for that assertion?

Do you think the DNC hacked their own server? If so, where's your evidence?

BTW I am an unbiased observer as I am canadian and don't have a horse in this race.

I am curious as to why some republicans such as yourself think the way you do, because i haven't actually seen any actual evidence to support the claims you make.

So the floor is yours. Convince me. Put your evidence on the table and let's take a look at it.
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-03-2019, 06:55 PM)Rainy_D Wrote: err... emmm.....
Quote:Because exposing them to druggies/drug trafficking, sexual exploitation, human trafficking, food/water/elements/exposure issues etc. for a run at the border instead of utilizing the legal methods to enter into the USA is all the signs of good parenting and logical thinking and the kind of cultural diversity we encourage in the USA.

If a republican would have compared them to animals, the snowflakes would have come unglued.  This is the hypocrisy of the left, and part of the reason I do not associate with the conflicted democrat mindset.   Americans putting children at risk in drug homes, red-light districts are called (reasonably so) unfit parents.  Illegals border jumping are just as bad but to be able to defend that position, I watch lefties twist themselves into circles to defend this behavior.

oh wait... I forgot  OMB .

It actually is quite defensible. There's a distinct difference in the level of danger between a child who lives in drug infested squalor with his crack whore mother and a child whose mother is merely trying to provide a better life for her child by trying to cross the border.

You are equivocating between the two when the fact is that they cannot be reasonably compared. So let's try to make a more fair comparison.

Let's pretend that we have a poor mother in the USA who barely has enough to survive. Yet, she makes sure her kids are fed and properly clothed, but doesn't have any money left over for much of anything else. Now, down the road from where that mother lives is Disney World. It's her child's birthday, but since she doesn't have any money she decides to try and sneak her child into Disney World. But the Disney cops catch her.

Should the Disney cops be allowed to incarcerate her for months, and ship her child off to some camp for months where the child has no access to its mother for months? If no, why not?

We already know 'why not.' It's would be considered to be inhumane according to the laws. Therefore ...

If it's inhumane to do that to an American mother and child, why is it humane to do it to a non-American mother and her child?

What say you?
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org

Mueller Report Incoming
[Image: 2v4p6g.jpg]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Rainy_D

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-03-2019, 10:47 PM)Dānu Wrote: [Image: 2v4mg4.jpg]

Nah. I'm not really a fan of memes in general. So far the only one I like is surprised Pikachu.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

Mueller Report Incoming
There is a thread for political memes, this is more of a discussion thread.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • skyking, GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-03-2019, 04:09 PM)Rainy_D Wrote: There is no violation of the constitution via Trump activities.  However....

Except the tiny leetle matter of the Emoluments Clause.

Quote:Mueller never was the right man for the job.

And if a life-long conservative Republican can't do the job, who exactly was "right" for it ?
LMAO
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-03-2019, 06:55 PM)Rainy_D Wrote: err... emmm.....
Quote:Because exposing them to druggies/drug trafficking, sexual exploitation, human trafficking, food/water/elements/exposure issues etc. for a run at the border instead of utilizing the legal methods to enter into the USA is all the signs of good parenting and logical thinking and the kind of cultural diversity we encourage in the USA.

If a republican would have compared them to animals, the snowflakes would have come unglued.

No one "compared" them to animals, dillrod. I called all humans animals, explicitly. That is not a comparison, that is a fact. And it is a fact that adult humans have a strong instinct to not abandon progeny. These are the simple facts of biology, something taught in 9th-grade science classes here in America. Perhaps you slept through those classes?

To address your emboldened passage, I'm all for changing the system so that migrants can check in, provide pictures and fingerprints, and go through a vetting process. What I'm not all for is separating children from parents as a punitive measure designed to hurt human beings. You, apparently, are. Okay.

(03-03-2019, 06:55 PM)Rainy_D Wrote: This is the hypocrisy of the left, and part of the reason I do not associate with the conflicted democrat mindset.   Americans putting children at risk in drug homes, red-light districts are called (reasonably so) unfit parents.  Illegals border jumping are just as bad but to be able to defend that position, I watch lefties twist themselves into circles to defend this behavior.

oh wait... I forgot  OMB .

Sometimes, the risks in a current situation are fearsome enough that they outweigh the risks of a future hypothetical. Living through the disintegration of a country is a fearful thing, one I hope you never have to experience; but if you do, I hope those you reach out to for help have a little more empathy than you do yourself.

Having once fled a country myself with my mother and sister, as a youth, my stance is anything but hypocritical. It's usually better to ask than assume, bud.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • tomilay

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-03-2019, 10:47 PM)Dānu Wrote: [Image: 2v4p6g.jpg]

Love it.  Yeah, the forum tends to become very circle-jerky without some contrary opinions.

Mueller Report Incoming

I think anyone who hides untruths inside a meme with a few words scattered on it deserves to be taken to task for the shallow dolt that they act like.
On hiatus.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-04-2019, 12:01 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:

Love it.  Yeah, the forum tends to become very circle-jerky without some contrary opinions.

The shame is the RD's "opinions" (and I use that term loosely, they seem more like regurgitations to me) could be the basis for substantive discussion. Instead, we've got him saying I've compared immigrants to animals and other dishonest fluff in search of a talking point. As you well know, dishonest discussion irritates me, just as much as they mark him.

You'll notice he has entirely avoided my point about emoluments in rebutting one false claim of his. You'll notice that he preferred instead to stick words in my mouth that I didn't write. I don't care what anyone else here writes. If he's going to dissimulate, I'm gonna let him have it with both barrels.

(No, @Rainy_D,  that wasn't actually a threat of violence, it's a turn of phrase we have down here.)
On hiatus.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-04-2019, 12:08 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

I think anyone who hides untruths inside a meme with a few words scattered on it deserves to be taken to task for the shallow dolt that they act like.

84,693 funny memes disparaging conservative positions...not a peep from Thump.

New guy throws in a few funny memes disparaging liberal positions...

[Joker image] Thump loses his mind!

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-04-2019, 12:35 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 12:08 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

I guess you missed my post where I explicitly stated that my irritation was a result of the misrepresentations he's making (your clue was the word "untruths" -- go reread my reply if you forgot that part already)? Or maybe that was a little harder to address, so you just went with low-hanging fruit. *shrug* Your entertainment isn't my business, you get your chuckles wherever you want. Can't say I blame you for skirting the harder stuff -- that shit requires actually thinking.

Generally speaking, I get a chuckle out of memes, but unlike some folk here [Image: 2yuwnlx_th.jpg], I don't ever mistake them for actual conversation.
On hiatus.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-04-2019, 01:11 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 12:35 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 12:08 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I think anyone who hides untruths inside a meme with a few words scattered on it deserves to be taken to task for the shallow dolt that they act like.

I guess you missed my post where I explicitly stated that my irritation was a result of the misrepresentations he's making (your clue was the word "untruths" -- go reread my reply if you forgot that part already)? Or maybe that was a little harder to address, so you just went with low-hanging fruit. *shrug* Your entertainment isn't my business, you get your chuckles wherever you want. Can't say I blame you for skirting the harder stuff -- that shit requires actually thinking.

Generally speaking, I get a chuckle out of memes, but unlike some folk here, I don't ever mistake them for actual conversation.

It takes no hard thinking to notice the obvious...and it does provide a few chuckles.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-04-2019, 01:15 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: It takes no hard thinking to notice the obvious...and it does provide a few chuckles.

That rather explains much of your posting.
On hiatus.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-04-2019, 01:16 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 01:15 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: It takes no hard thinking to notice the obvious...and it does provide a few chuckles.

And all of yours.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-03-2019, 10:02 PM)Free Wrote: Despite every intelligence agency in the US unequivocally stating that the Russians interfered in the 2016 elections via utilizing social media and hacking, you prefer to take the word of Donald Trump who says they didn't do that? 
Instead you are insisting the the DNC did it, without providing any actual evidence for that assertion?

Do you think the DNC hacked their own server? If so, where's your evidence?
I am curious as to why some republicans such as yourself think the way you do, because i haven't actually seen any actual evidence to support the claims you make.

Because there is no evidence 'muh russia' did anything to hack the DNC.  1, 7, 15 intel agencies can claim anything they want to cya but they provide no evidence this is true.  

Russia, like every other nation, gets to use social media to get out a message they want delivered. Many, many countries used social media to try to influence usa voters to vote the way they wanted to see the election turn out.   The USA uses social media to try to influence voters in other countries.  This is the way it is. 

I don't take Trumps word for it.  Matter of fact, it is Trump who agrees with me. 

It appears you have misread the meme.  I do not think anyone 'hacked' the DNC server.  The DNC refused to hand the server over to the FBI at the time. 

Google "dnc rigged primary".

"The FBI instead relied on the assessment from a third-party security company called CrowdStrIke."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/...index.html

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/09/14/...o-unravel/

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-2...aire-and-g

http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/12/the-...be-solved/

I am not a republican.  I am an independent voter.  I came to my own conclusion about HRC regardless of Trumps campaign.  There was no way Clinton was getting my vote.  I despise her.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-04-2019, 01:18 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 01:16 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

And all of yours.

Oh, dear, the dreaded "I'm rubber and you're glue" gambit. Whatever shall I do?
On hiatus.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-04-2019, 01:29 AM)Rainy_D Wrote: Google "dnc rigged primary".

You seem to be confusing a party primary with a general election.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dom

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-04-2019, 01:32 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 01:18 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 01:16 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That rather explains much of your posting.

And all of yours.

No doubt attempt another witty come-back.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-04-2019, 01:36 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 01:32 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(03-04-2019, 01:18 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: And all of yours.

No doubt attempt another witty come-back.

Get a room, you two!  Panic
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Thumpalumpacus, Dānu

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-03-2019, 10:45 PM)Free Wrote: It actually is quite defensible. There's a distinct difference in the level of danger between a child who lives in drug infested squalor with his crack whore mother and a child whose mother is merely trying to provide a better life for her child by trying to cross the border.

You are equivocating between the two when the fact is that they cannot be reasonably compared. So let's try to make a more fair comparison.

Let's pretend that we have a poor mother in the USA who barely has enough to survive. Yet, she makes sure her kids are fed and properly clothed, but doesn't have any money left over for much of anything else. Now, down the road from where that mother lives is Disney World. It's her child's birthday, but since she doesn't have any money she decides to try and sneak her child into Disney World. But the Disney cops catch her.

Should the Disney cops be allowed to incarcerate her for months, and ship her child off to some camp for months where the child has no access to its mother for months? If no, why not?

We already know 'why not.' It's would be considered to be inhumane according to the laws. Therefore ...

If it's inhumane to do that to an American mother and child, why is it humane to do it to a non-American mother and her child?

What say you?
Illegals who have no way to earn a living, provide a home for their minor, or any of the risks they are putting their minor children at is quite a bit different than a day at Disney.  But here's how it works in the USA for citizens:

Mothers who are arrested while having custody of a child ARE separated from that child.  I do not get to take a child behind bars as an American.  CPS (child protection services) is given custody until an agreement can be made (such as a family member taking custody) while mom waits to post bail or is released on recog.  If mom cant post bail and find a relative to take custody, yeppers it can be months.  Regardless, CPS will investigate the mom on bail or the relative before custody is returned to the parent/relative.  Oh, and sometimes CPS will petition for the mother to lose all parental rights and adopt the child out.

Mueller Report Incoming
(03-04-2019, 12:15 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: You'll notice he has entirely avoided my point about emoluments in rebutting one false claim of his. You'll notice that he preferred instead to stick words in my mouth that I didn't write. I don't care what anyone else here writes. If he's going to dissimulate, I'm gonna let him have it with both barrels.

(No, @Rainy_D,  that wasn't actually a threat of violence, it's a turn of phrase we have down here.)

Your not comparing these people to animals right ??

But you were!  

Quote ~~  Fahrenthold and O'Connell report that the lobbying firm Qorvis/MSLGroup, working for the Saudis, paid for groups of veterans to have lavish stays at Trump's hotel while lobbying lawmakers against legislation the reigme opposed. But many of the veterans said they didn't realize the Saudi regime was paying for the trip or that they only found out later, leaving them feeling "duped."

https://www.salon.com/2018/12/07/veteran...e_partner/

At least 6 degrees of separation between Saudi's and Trump in this example of Orange Man Bad. 

You bored me with your ADHD decade ago and you bore me still.  There really isn't a point in trying to have a discussion with you, it is beyond your capability.