Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What movie did you last see?

Venom (2018)

A once famous but now failed investigative journalist is infested with a  sentient, ameba-like alien symbiote that can surround his body with a monstrous biological armor, giving him superhuman strength, agility, and shape-changing abilities. 

It has a 28% on Rotten Tomatoes. That about sums it up.
The following 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post:
  • Smercury44

(01-01-2019, 07:17 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote: Venom (2018)

A once famous but now failed investigative journalist is infested with a  sentient, ameba-like alien symbiote that can surround his body with a monstrous biological armor, giving him superhuman strength, agility, and shape-changing abilities. 

I don’t want to see it, but.... I do want to see Tom Hardy, so... Dunno Big Grin
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”

Add ten points for the Elon Musk clone. Thumbs Up
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(01-01-2019, 07:25 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:

I don’t want to see it, but.... I do want to see Tom Hardy, so...  Dunno  Big Grin

Boss Lady and I had fun. Chuckle
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Smercury44

Monster Trucks
Absolutely Anything
Fahrenheit 11/9
Deep in the woods
The hate U give
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra

Extinction
A silent voice
Replicas
Mandy
Bite
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra

"US Marshals", Tommy Lee Jones in a prequel to "The Fugitive".

"I didn't kill my wife!"

"I don't care!"

Geez, everyone here watches a lot of movies.  I see a movie once every few months and that includes stuff in netflix and other  sources. We don't have cable.   But I did finally see Lady Bird, which was excellent.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu, Bcat

It's winter. Prime movie season  Popcorn
 - A. Ra

A romcom where two emphatically incompatible people who annoy the shit out of each other, suddenly realize they are in love.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Bcat

(01-01-2019, 07:25 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: I don’t want to see it, but.... I do want to see Tom Hardy, so...  Dunno  Big Grin

Bu-bu-but he's fugly...

[Image: giphy.gif]

(And so is he, btw  Modest )

(01-01-2019, 07:25 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Add ten points for the Elon Musk clone.  Thumbs Up

Does he die a horrible, disfiguring (though it his case it might actually be a change for the better) death? Does he?! Please tell me he does! [Image: smiley-begging.gif]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

The Cooler.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

[Image: DJJQgG4UwAAeKi1.jpg:large]

Time For Ilhan

Quote:#Time4Ilhan was the hashtag for Ilhan Omar's 2016 campaign for a seat in the Minnesota state House of Representatives.  This is the documentary of that campaign against 43 year incumbent of the Democratic party, Phyllis Kahn.  She was elected the first Muslim-Somali legislator in the nation.  Ilhan Omar went on to win a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2018.  She represents a growing demographic in my district, 60B.  Being Somali, a refugee, and a black woman, her story is one of perseverance.  Minnesota has the highest number of refugees per capita of any state in the nation.  Ilhan Omar, district 60B, and the representatives of Minnesota represent that diversity.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • M.Linoge

(01-04-2019, 01:47 AM)Vera Wrote:
(01-01-2019, 07:25 PM)Smercury44 Wrote: I don’t want to see it, but.... I do want to see Tom Hardy, so...  Dunno  Big Grin

Bu-bu-but he's fugly...

[Image: giphy.gif]

(And so is he, btw  Modest )

(01-01-2019, 07:25 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Add ten points for the Elon Musk clone.  Thumbs Up

Does he die a horrible, disfiguring (though it his case it might actually be a change for the better) death? Does he?! Please tell me he does! [Image: smiley-begging.gif]

It's very messy.
  • Smercury44

I started watching Ghost In The Shell the other night, but got about 30 minutes in and bailed. That may have been due to starting the movie at 10 o'clock when I'm already starting to get sleepy, instead of putting it on at a time I'm more inclined to stay awake. I wasn't overly impressed with Scarlett Johansson's performance of what I did see, however, as it reminded me a lot of her performance in Lucy, which I thought was rather dull and emotionless.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Not as bad as the animated original, however.

(01-05-2019, 07:10 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Not as bad as the animated original, however.

You watch your mouth!

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • M.Linoge

(01-05-2019, 07:24 PM)Dānu Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 07:10 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Not as bad as the animated original, however.

You watch your mouth!

"Remember, we're Section Nine, we'll clean it up!" Jeez.

(01-05-2019, 06:42 PM)Dānu Wrote: I started watching Ghost In The Shell the other night, but got about 30 minutes in and bailed.  That may have been due to starting the movie at 10 o'clock when I'm already starting to get sleepy, instead of putting it on at a time I'm more inclined to stay awake.  I wasn't overly impressed with Scarlett Johansson's performance of what I did see, however, as it reminded me a lot of her performance in Lucy, which I thought was rather dull and emotionless.

I do still want to watch this, as I have seen the anime which while not my favourite movie was something that was huge when I was a teen. Interested to see how it plays on the big screen.

The anime itself is "fine" like it anything it's more story driven than it needs to be, when it has this hugely fantastical sci-fi element going on, yet it's more "forget that, here's the fairly boring story". In saying that, the animation is beautiful, and worth watching just for that alone.

My opinion is vastly superior to your opinion. And I won't even charge you for getting it.
  • OakTree500

Sons of the Desert. Used to love L&H, not so much anymore.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

[Image: ghost-in-the-shell.jpg?w=1000]

Ghost In The Shell

I picked up where I left off the other night. Not one of her better movies. I liked Johansson in the Marvel movies, but the two other movies I've seen with her have been underwhelming.

Vivekananda

Have you see "Under the Skin"? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441395/?re...lmg_act_24

(01-09-2019, 10:37 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Have you see "Under the Skin"? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441395/?re...lmg_act_24

I've seen it. I remember it being weird.

(01-09-2019, 12:49 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 10:37 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Have you see "Under the Skin"? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441395/?re...lmg_act_24

I've seen it. I remember it being weird.

A lot implied, yeah. The alien thinking wasn't explained to us.