Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What movie did you last see?

Contagion

Story of a deadly virus breaking out in China and spreading world-wide.  Social breakdown, internet hucksters, CDC under the gun for too slowly developing a vaccine and resisting unproven "cures"....

Trouble is, the film was produced in 2011 and correctly predicted much of what we see today.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • pocaracas, Actor

(10-20-2021, 03:32 PM)Aegon Wrote: Blade Runner 2049.

I thought it was great. I prefer it over the original.

Yeah, more plot, better acting, Vegas never looked better.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(10-21-2021, 03:09 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Contagion

Story of a deadly virus breaking out in China and spreading world-wide.  Social breakdown, internet hucksters, CDC under the gun for too slowly developing a vaccine and resisting unproven "cures"....

Trouble is, the film was produced in 2011 and correctly predicted much of what we see today.
Yep.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Kim

Saw this over the weekend ...

I liked it. It was quite honest. A bit of a love letter to the whole scene, really.

On a personal note, it was wonderful seeing Jonathan Richman. Heart As is his nature, he deftly articulated the excitement, the grit, & the magic of another place & time.

It's been a couple years Jonathan. We're still here, trapped in our prairie skins, waiting for transformation. Come help us! Shy

I've watched a couple of Halloween movies while donating plasma. I suppose once you've seen one you've seen them all.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Killers from Space!

Adding onto the Halloween-a-thon:

Halloween 5 : Revenge of Michael Myers

Plot:
So he survived the end of the last movie [Getting shot by almost every gun in the area, and then falling down a mine shaft] and comes back to attempt to finish the job.

Thoughts:
More of the same stuff really - not bad and general spookyness all around.

The Torture Chamber of Dr. Sadism 1967

Medieval Germany's biggest problem was with the Props Dept. Seriously, did you have NO BUDGET?

"Hooting and hissing during the performance will not be tolerated, it will be absolutely encouraged."

[Image: Doctor_Death%2C_Seeker_of_Souls_%281973%29_poster.jpg]

Features Moe Howard in a serious role and his last film appearance.  Popcorn
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Inkubus

[Image: dune-part-one-poster.jpg]

Quite a good adaptation of less than the first half of the book.
The following 3 users Like pocaracas's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Inkubus, LonaWolf

[Image: xmen-last-stand.jpg]

Vivekananda

[Image: Poster_YAMATO.jpg]
Popcorn
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(10-24-2021, 07:49 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: [Image: Poster_YAMATO.jpg]
Popcorn

How accurate do you think it was?

[Image: 5d6e44e318ec3.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C511]

Auntie Mame.

Vivekananda

[Image: A_Map_of_the_World_poster.png]
Popcorn

(10-21-2021, 03:09 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Contagion

Oh, man does it ever.

I made a comment to some friends in early 2020 (if memory serves) about the similarities to the movie Contagion.  That was before it had become a pandemic.
The following 1 user Likes Actor's post:
  • Alan V

I don't remember what was the last movie I saw in a theatre.  For months we have been renting DVDs and BluRays.  The most recent one we rented was The Producers, the one with Zero Mostel, not the musical. Before that we saw Midway starring Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda and Hal Holbrook.
The following 1 user Likes Actor's post:
  • Alan V

Sing.  I love that.  Incredibles 2.  Love both.  Waiting for Sing2 to come out.  Wanting to see WandaVision.  Would love to see a Hankock2! Want to catch 'The Shape Of Water' from the start.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Many Saints of Newark. Not good.

Venom 2. Also not good.

[Image: MV5BYzI3ZWFkYTQtYTA3NS00MzIyLWE0NmMtZDU0...X1000_.jpg]

[Image: Reng%C3%B4_kantai_shirei_ch%C3%B4kan_Yam...poster.jpg]
Popcorn

That was a good one.

[Image: Styx_%28film%29.jpg]
Popcorn

Also saw Dune. I liked it! Fear is the mind killer ya’ll.