Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions

Questions
1.  Is there a "Home" button here somewhere?  Everytime I want to see all the forums, I have to hit my bookmark.

2.  The "How Do I"  thread is closed?  That doesn't make any sense.  If any thread should be sticky, that's the one.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Questions
1. Go into the settings of your browser and set your homepage as the forum address.

2. Dunno

Questions
(09-18-2019, 07:12 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: 1. Go into the settings of your browser and set your homepage as the forum address.

2.  Dunno

I appreciate the suggestion.  

No.  I use that for another purpose.  And it shouldn't be an external requirement.

But I just discovered that clicking on the site header gets me there.  Did you know that?

Questions
Try clicking on the AD logo at the top of the page.
god, ugh
The following 2 users Like julep's post:
  • Mathilda, Little Lunch

Questions
(09-18-2019, 10:59 AM)julep Wrote: Try clicking on the AD logo at the top of the page.

That's what I posted above.  Mentioning it somewhere might be a good idea though.    Just because I'm clever and exploratory doesn't mean that everyone is.  And, duh, maybe a "home" button...

Questions
(09-18-2019, 11:09 AM)Cavebear Wrote: That's what I posted above.  Mentioning it somewhere might be a good idea though.    Just because I'm clever and exploratory doesn't mean that everyone is.  And, duh, maybe a "home" button...

When you log on, it should take you to the forum landing page. No clicking necessary.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Questions
(09-18-2019, 11:18 AM)SYZ Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:09 AM)Cavebear Wrote: That's what I posted above.  Mentioning it somewhere might be a good idea though.    Just because I'm clever and exploratory doesn't mean that everyone is.  And, duh, maybe a "home" button...

When you log on, it should take you to the forum landing page.  No clicking necessary.

Yes, of course it does.  It's after each post that it doesn't.

Questions
Top left, under user CP, there is the path to where you are. You can click on any part of the path and go there, including " atheist discussion".  The print is a bit small...
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Alan V

Questions
(09-18-2019, 10:59 AM)julep Wrote: Try clicking on the AD logo at the top of the page.

Oh I didn't know that.

Questions
I always have that page open. When I click on a thread, it's "right click and open in a new tab". When I'm done and close that tab, I'm back at the home page. Or is that not what you would want?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Questions
When the "How Do I' thread was left open the masturbaters tried to take over. Talk about being sticky!
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • c172

Questions
(09-18-2019, 01:24 PM)Fireball Wrote: I always have that page open. When I click on a thread, it's "right click and open in a new tab". When I'm done and close that tab, I'm back at the home page. Or is that not what you would want?

Is this a Mac thing?  I left Windows 11 years ago, and there are some differences in how things work.

Questions
(09-18-2019, 01:17 PM)Mathilda Wrote:

Oh I didn't know that.

Hey, I'm the one who pointed that out...   Smile

Questions
(09-20-2019, 08:22 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 01:24 PM)Fireball Wrote: I always have that page open. When I click on a thread, it's "right click and open in a new tab". When I'm done and close that tab, I'm back at the home page. Or is that not what you would want?

Is this a Mac thing?  I left Windows 11 years ago, and there are some differences in how things work.

Got me. I have a PC, not a Mac.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Cavebear

Questions
Have you tried sacrificing a chicken to the forum software?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Questions
(09-20-2019, 01:43 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Have you tried sacrificing a chicken to the forum software?

Yes. Doesn't help.

Questions
Rhode Island Red FTW. Trust me, I know.

Questions
(09-20-2019, 01:32 PM)Fireball Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 08:22 AM)Cavebear Wrote:

Got me. I have a PC, not a Mac.

Tosses you a nickle. "Get a real computer". Windows is unfriendly to anyone who likes to organize files. Mac Finder is AMAZING!

Questions
Cha! The only Mac I ever used crashed with astonishing frequency. I was writing some FORTRAN code on it and got to where I saved after every line of code was entered, so that I wouldn't lose it.

Questions
MacIntosh is Scots for "I paid too much."

Questions
(09-24-2019, 06:35 PM)Fireball Wrote: Cha! The only Mac I ever used crashed with astonishing frequency. I was writing some FORTRAN code on it and got to where I saved after every line of code was entered, so that I wouldn't lose it.

I never met anyone before who crashed a Mac. Did it get power-surged or something mechanical? It might be wort asking about at a Mac help site.

Questions
(09-24-2019, 08:46 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 06:35 PM)Fireball Wrote: Cha! The only Mac I ever used crashed with astonishing frequency. I was writing some FORTRAN code on it and got to where I saved after every line of code was entered, so that I wouldn't lose it.

I never met anyone before who crashed a Mac.  Did it get power-surged or something mechanical?  It might be wort asking about at a Mac help site.

This was in '91. All I was doing was writing code, which is in an editor.
  • Cavebear

Questions
(09-24-2019, 09:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 08:46 PM)Cavebear Wrote:

I never met anyone before who crashed a Mac.  Did it get power-surged or something mechanical?  It might be wort asking about at a Mac help site.

We should move this discussion elsewhere. We've gone beyond site questions. LOL!

Questions
(09-24-2019, 09:37 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 09:19 PM)Fireball Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 08:46 PM)Cavebear Wrote: I never met anyone before who crashed a Mac.  Did it get power-surged or something mechanical?  It might be wort asking about at a Mac help site.

We should move this discussion elsewhere.  We've gone beyond site questions.  LOL!

But what is this "rating" stuff (I suddenly noticed)? Can I give a "rating"? How is it different from "likes" There are some people here I admire.

Questions
(09-24-2019, 09:43 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 09:37 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 09:19 PM)Fireball Wrote: This was in '91. All I was doing was writing code, which is in an editor.

We should move this discussion elsewhere.  We've gone beyond site questions.  LOL!

But what is this "rating" stuff (I suddenly noticed)?  Can I give a "rating"?  How is it different from "likes"  There are some people here I admire.

Liking a post is one thing, but if you generally agree with a poster's various stands on issues, you can give them a "rep". Under each name you will see the number of reps a person has received. +/-1, or zero for us common folks, but admins can really bestow some grace, up to 5 (I think). I think that you are limited to doing 5 reps a day. If you click on that number, it takes you to that person's reputation page. There you can input your reason for repping. Default is +1.

And, yeah, we can stop talking about that never-to-be-sufficiently-damned Mac I worked on 28 YA.  Big Grin
  • Cavebear