Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stupid things the religious say

yes the lord chose to form in ME this most spectacular bowel movement, i shall take a photograph of the sheer splendor of it. I see the image of the virgin Mary and is that Elvis too?
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • mordant

"You just want to sin!"

"No, I just want to shoot people."
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

I got some of those little religious pamphlets with my food delivery. Wtf. What a waste of perfectly good trees. I didn't read them but they made good coasters for my cold drinks.

(12-05-2022, 03:09 PM)Vera Wrote: "I wasn't going to get another cat for a while but God had other plans" - someone whose 18-year-old cat died and she adopted a new kitten.

Look, I understand that for some "God willed it so" is some sort of (unfathomable to me but still...) way of making sense of things happening (though an old cat dying hardly needs explanation, sad as it is).

What truly makes my blood boil is the unabashed egoism in such "thinking". So, "God" was personally interested and involved in when and which new kitten you'll be adopting. Why isn't he so involved in all the kids born with horrific genetic diseases? Heck, why is he not so involved with and full of "plans" about the unthinkable numbers of other cats and kittens dying of diseases, cold and starvation AS I'M TYPING THIS.

I know most people like this don't even think about it this way but it's still so painfully self-centered, elevating the smallest details of one's life to the level of something God personally gets involved in... while the horrific tragedies of others are, apparently, not worthy of God's exalted attention.

The mind-boggling egoism of religion will never cease to revolt me.

Everyone like kittens (god included) whereas human children are far less cute. And there are always touchdowns and lost car keys. God must have priorities.  Angel
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • Vera

Its that "mysterious ways" BS.
I picture a giant dartboard.
test signature
The following 2 users Like skyking's post:
  • Bcat, Vera

Honestly, the religious can never say anything smart, prudent, or rational, since they just parrot the absurd gobbledegook of their deluded, fearful, narcissistic ancestors.

Thinking is hard, it's also evil.

That's why the heathens do it.

"Spinabifida is God's way of making your baby stronger." She got punched for that.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(12-06-2022, 03:47 AM)Szuchow Wrote: Everyone like kittens (god included) whereas human children are far less cute. And there are always touchdowns and lost car keys. God must have priorities.  Angel

Nah, god hates kittens too. Case in point: god allows kittens to be born with holes in their little skulls and brain matter protruding from them... it's PEOPLE and science who put a titanium mesh to contain and sew it shut

[Image: SEI_121211211-f833-e1661607193400.jpg?qu...=540%2C590]

It's also god who allows kittens to be born with a horrific cleft palate (a huge hole on the roof of his mouth making it really hard to eat and drink and not much chance of surviving on his own... it's PEOPLE and science who actually sew it shut and people who then feed him through a tube while he recuperates.

So, your honour, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I put it to you that god hates kittens and since no one but a psychopath can hate kittens, god is a psychopath. Quod erat demonstrandum.
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 4 users Like Vera's post:
  • Szuchow, skyking, brunumb, epronovost

(12-06-2022, 05:12 PM)Vera Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 03:47 AM)Szuchow Wrote: Everyone like kittens (god included) whereas human children are far less cute. And there are always touchdowns and lost car keys. God must have priorities.  Angel

Nah, god hates kittens too. Case in point: god allows kittens to be born with holes in their little skulls and brain matter protruding from them... it's PEOPLE and science who put a titanium mesh to contain and sew it shut

[Image: SEI_121211211-f833-e1661607193400.jpg?qu...=540%2C590]

It's also god who allows kittens to be born with a horrific cleft palate (a huge hole on the roof of his mouth making it really hard to eat and drink and not much chance of surviving on his own... it's PEOPLE and science who actually sew it shut and people who then feed him through a tube while he recuperates.

So, your honour, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I put it to you that god hates kittens and since no one but a psychopath can hate kittens, god is a psychopath. Quod erat demonstrandum.

Daniel Webster was attorney who outthought devil but it looks like you're prosecutor who caught god red handed Comrade Vera.  Bowing
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • Vera

(12-06-2022, 05:12 PM)Vera Wrote: Nah, god hates kittens too. Case in point: god allows kittens to be born with holes in their little skulls and brain matter protruding from them... it's PEOPLE and science who put a titanium mesh to contain and sew it shut

I know staples are used in surgery these days but those things look rough. The poor wee fucker.

god loves penis so much, there isn't any love leftover.

(12-06-2022, 05:35 PM)Inkubus Wrote: I know staples are used in surgery these days but those things look rough. The poor wee fucker.

Nah, he was on painkillers, he was most likely just fine. The staples are gone now and he's doing just dandy Girl_yes2
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

[Image: v2w31axdd47a1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...3b959cb1d8]

(Apparently, she abused her partner and had a video called Dear, fat people, about, you guessed it, fatshaming. In other words - typical love-thy-neighbour Xtian Deadpan Coffee Drinker )
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Szuchow

(12-20-2022, 11:56 PM)Vera Wrote: [Image: v2w31axdd47a1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...3b959cb1d8]

(Apparently, she abused her partner and had a video called Dear, fat people, about, you guessed it, fatshaming. In other words - typical love-thy-neighbour Xtian Deadpan Coffee Drinker )

Bless her soul!  Dodgy 

So, wait, what kind of restaurant is this where the chef can't ever be seen, even through the door to the kitchen as it opens and closes, and we have to obey the "chef's" commands as relayed to us by domineering, condescending wait staff with a propensity for ordering us to leave them alone with our children, and where we also have to grow and prepare our own food and also give 10% of that food to the wait staff because it really belongs to the chef?  Oh, and the "chef" also sees to it that we get all the E-coli, botulism, and every other type of food poisoning in existence?

0/5 stars, avoid at all costs.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov