Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI

AI
(04-04-2023, 02:34 PM)Rhythmcs Wrote: Between AI and automation, we're going to have to seriously rethink employment..and this, in a situation where we already need two jobs to survive on a planet that makes food and water.  We've bungled this whole thing hilariously.

Bold of you to assume we are not already on the fast track to neo-feudalism.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

AI
I think we're already in a neo feudalist default, barreling towards something else.
The following 1 user Likes Rhythmcs's post:
  • rocinantexyz

AI
(04-05-2023, 06:37 PM)Rhythmcs Wrote: I think we're already in a neo feudalist default...
Yeah, in the world I live in: rich people are treated differently by law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges (as we saw about 24 hours ago). In my incredibly jaded worldview: my only possible objection to referring to the current world as neo feudalistic is the use the word "neo". As far as I can tell: there is nothing new about this state of affairs.
The following 2 users Like rocinantexyz's post:
  • Minimalist, tomilay

AI
I recall George Carlin, many years ago...it might have been on Politically Incorrect... saying that "Germany lost WWII but fascism won."  Smart guy, that George.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

AI
(04-05-2023, 06:37 PM)Rhythmcs Wrote: I think we're already in a neo feudalist default, barreling towards something else.

Pessimism much?

AI
Pessimists are optimists who pay attention.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Inkubus