Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy crap

Holy crap
What's so hard about not getting banned from a forum? Never happened to me.

*Gets banned suddenly*
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • abaris, Alan V, SYZ

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 08:47 PM)Free2think Wrote: Nope, can't do that. See, I'm just getting started. 

Not any more.
BTW, Judge Jackson's husband is a surgeon. I suspect she knows full-well, there is no simple answer to the question.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex

Test

Holy crap
I thought you said your dog does not bite.
That is not my dog.
test signature
The following 3 users Like skyking's post:
  • Bucky Ball, Fireball, SYZ

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 10:11 PM)Vera Wrote: ... they were spluttering about how they're just getting started ...

Clearly, the one phrase none of should ever utter under any circumstances is that we're "just getting started" - BEFORE actually having started anything.  The etiquette du jour is what's done in movies and television:  open with all guns and blast an adversary into vapor and THEN, and only then, say you've "only gotten started".  Facepalm
The following 1 user Likes airportkid's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 10:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: Not any more.

That  Steinway piano reminds.....one of my stupid half brothers was always looking for a deal on anything and everything he could find.  He always had a big  "scheme" to make thousands of dollars from flipping something he found on the cheap and then selling it for thousands.   One time he bought an Steinway piano he found for $50 bucks and couldn't believe his luck.  He planned on selling for a few thousand or so to make a huge profit.  My dad knew a lot about pianos.  He started taking classical piano lessons when he was 5 years old and continued into his early twenties.   He took one look at the "Steinway" name printed above the keyboard and immediately realized it was spelled "Stienway" and wasn't worth shit.   LOLOL.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, abaris, julep

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 10:39 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: That  Steinway piano reminds.....one of my stupid half brothers was always looking for a deal on anything and everything he could find.  He always had a big  "scheme" to make thousands of dollars from flipping something he found on the cheap and then selling it for thousands.   One time he bought an Steinway piano he found for $50 bucks and couldn't believe his luck.  He planned on selling for a few thousand or so to make a huge profit.  My dad knew a lot about pianos.  He started taking classical piano lessons when he was 5 years old and continued into his early twenties.   He took one look at the "Steinway" name printed above the keyboard and immediately realized it was spelled "Stienway" and wasn't worth shit.   LOLOL.

We have a Bosendorfer 200.
Not ready to flip it yet. Angel Big Grin Tongue Big Grin Angel
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Holy crap
Admin:  "I'm going to make this incel disappear!"

[Image: giphy.gif]

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 11:29 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Admin:  "I'm going to make this incel disappear!"

Mod, not admin.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 10:39 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: That  Steinway piano reminds.....one of my stupid half brothers was always looking for a deal on anything and everything he could find.  He always had a big  "scheme" to make thousands of dollars from flipping something he found on the cheap and then selling it for thousands.   One time he bought an Steinway piano he found for $50 bucks and couldn't believe his luck.  He planned on selling for a few thousand or so to make a huge profit.  My dad knew a lot about pianos.  He started taking classical piano lessons when he was 5 years old and continued into his early twenties.   He took one look at the "Steinway" name printed above the keyboard and immediately realized it was spelled "Stienway" and wasn't worth shit.   LOLOL.

Ah, that Steinway scene...

This is a priceless Steinway...
...Not anymore.
The following 2 users Like abaris's post:
  • Bucky Ball, Dancefortwo

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 10:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: We have a Bosendorfer 200.
Not ready to flip it yet.   Angel Big Grin  Tongue  Big Grin  Angel

Jealous...
god, ugh

Holy crap
*sees a toaster*

Oh, look, it's a woman.

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Alan V

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 08:47 PM)Free2think Wrote: Nope, can't do that. See, I'm just getting started. 

[Image: Download-free-joker-wallpapers.png?u=htt...=1&p=0&a=0]

Hmmm, the clown....the wicked clown? Wrong methodology.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 07:51 PM)Free2think Wrote: So if she's not insane than she's either very stupid or this is for some reason a willful act pretending not to know what a woman is. Either way it says nothing good about her qualifications as a judge.

Or ... there's the other possibility and it turns out you're the stupid one for not following the context of that discussion.

The context of that discussion was regarding transgenders. When she said "no" to the question of the definition of a woman, you can clearly hear her say "not in this context" which means she could not define what a woman was in the context of transgenders.

But of course Blackburn tried to drown her out when she said "not in this context" and because you simply didn't fucking listen you now look fucking retarded.

Have a nice fucking day, dumbass.
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org
The following 1 user Likes Free's post:
  • Bucky Ball

Holy crap
It would seem that the originator of this thread was swindled by their free2think contract.

Guess you get what you pay for.

Holy crap
(04-17-2022, 07:13 AM)no one Wrote: It would seem that the originator of this thread was swindled by their free2think contract.

Guess you get what you pay for.

He smashed his own cult.
The following 1 user Likes Thingymebob's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Holy crap
(04-17-2022, 09:44 AM)Thingymebob Wrote: He smashed his own cult.

They want to feel special in that little basement of their's. In my experience, they always come back. But just as with serial killers, they may cloak themselves, but their modus operandi and their handwriting gives them away sooner rather than later. Such as using the exact same phrases.
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Holy crap
(04-17-2022, 01:55 AM)julep Wrote: Jealous...

It's the perfect piano for a "chamber" setting.
Since they're made in Austria, the sound board comes from wood from the Black Forest.
The concert grand version ("Imperial") has another octave of keys, (I've never even seen one).
It's an honor to have it for a while in it's life ... an amazing work of craftsmanship.
We "lucked" into it. It had one prior owner, who was moving a long distance and was basically "dumping it" on the market, not wanting to pay to move it and insure it. We got it for far less than it's value. The day we went to look at grands, the dealer had 3 others picked out for us to look at, and the Bosendorfer had just been put on the showroom floor that morning. I happened to walk past it, and said "Is that what I think it is ?" Smile

Steinways sound best in large concert halls/spaces, they tell me. I actually haven't played that many of them.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • julep

Holy crap
(04-17-2022, 04:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: It's the perfect piano for a "chamber" setting.
Since they're made in Austria, the sound board comes from wood from the Black Forest.
The concert grand version ("Imperial") has another octave of  keys, (I've never even seen one).
It's an honor to have it for a while in it's life ... an amazing work of craftsmanship.
We "lucked" into it. It had one prior owner, who was moving a long distance and was basically "dumping it" on the market, not wanting to pay to move it and insure it. We got it for far less than it's value. The day we went to look at grands, the dealer had 3 others picked out for us to look at, and the Bosendorfer had just been put on the showroom floor that morning. I happened to walk past it, and said "Is that what I think it is ?" Smile

Steinways sound best in large concert halls/spaces, they tell me. I actually haven't played that many of them.

They have a long tradition, dating back to the early 19th century. 1828, to be precise. When still at school, we went on a trip to their manufactory and were shown around.
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • Bucky Ball

Holy crap
(04-17-2022, 10:33 AM)abaris Wrote: They want to feel special in that little basement of their's. In my experience, they always come back. But just as with serial killers, they may cloak themselves, but their modus operandi and their handwriting gives them away sooner rather than later. Such as using the exact same phrases.

Yeah. I liked the way that you used all your experience to spot that. Facepalm

Holy crap
(04-17-2022, 04:41 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: Steinways sound best in large concert halls/spaces, they tell me. I actually haven't played that many of them.

I've only played one, in piano class at college. Even in a smaller room the sound was full. If you played forte conversation wasn't really possible. I have no doubt in a good, acoustically-tuned room it would have been the dog's balls.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Bucky Ball, GenesisNemesis