Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus Loves the Little Children allright....

Maybe a little too much!

https://www.facebook.com/JacksonvilleShe...1245289156

Quote:In September 2020, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Special Assault Unit received a tip regarding possible sexual abuse occurring within the Jacksonville Assembly of the Body of Christ Church located at 6350 Old Kings Road North. The investigation revealed both long-term sexual and physical abuse of minors in the church spanning a period of over thirty years.

Fuckers.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Antonio

(03-14-2022, 04:21 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Maybe a little too much!

https://www.facebook.com/JacksonvilleShe...1245289156

Quote:In September 2020, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Special Assault Unit received a tip regarding possible sexual abuse occurring within the Jacksonville Assembly of the Body of Christ Church located at 6350 Old Kings Road North. The investigation revealed both long-term sexual and physical abuse of minors in the church spanning a period of over thirty years.

Fuckers.

People think it's only the Catholic Church that does shit like this but all churches do crappy things, often sexual, to it's worshipers.   Anytime you have authority figures along side minors and the adults don't have to account for anything then stuff like this is going to happen.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu, Thumpalumpacus

Absolutely right, D42.  Be it the Boy Scouts, Penn State, Ohio State, etc the routine is always the same.  The first thing they look to do is "protect" the image of the organization and fuck the victims.

The thing is churches hold themselves up to be the moral epitome of humanity and when they are exposed as dirty little perverts the "fall from grace" is always greater.

Pious fucks.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 4 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Antonio, Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus, julep

I was a Boy Scouts of America leader for 15 years. We were trained to have two adults present whenever any youths were around. It was the policy instituted to protect them. Any time a molestation occurred, it invariably turned out that there was only one leader present. We were also told to report any information about abuse to the Council Commissioner, and let them handle it, as opposed to going to the police. The vast majority never got past the commissioner, but the people below that level expected that it was taken care of. That lack of reporting is what is costing the BSA so much money that they declared bankruptcy. FWIW, I never heard of any abuse in a unit I served. If I had, I had already made the decision that the police would be notified first.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 4 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Thingymebob, SYZ, Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus

Leave the child abuse to the professionals . Don't let the amateur parents in Texas muck it up by taking care of their trans kids
 All I know is that I know nothing
The following 1 user Likes Antonio's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(03-14-2022, 04:21 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Maybe a little too much!

[Image: Screenshot-2022-03-15-at-08-33-53-Art-Pr...ia-Inn.png]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(03-14-2022, 09:24 PM)Antonio Wrote: Leave the child abuse to the professionals . Don't let the amateur parents in Texas muck it up by taking care of their trans kids

Eh?

The original painting hanging in St Peters shows that dude with an erection
 All I know is that I know nothing