Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Didnt Judaism create Racism first? The chosen people and such

(07-11-2021, 06:05 PM)seaside Wrote: Cant say i see the difference between Judaism and Aryanism. When you proclaim people of certain ethnicity as chosen one. You kind of are nuts and a racist arent you?

When you believe one race is inherently superior to another, that's racism. The Jews weren't inherently superior, they were elevated by an external factor. That's not racism.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

@seaside (and anyone else), what exactly do you think being chosen means?

The theistic equivalent of Tommy Smothers saying "Mom always loved you best."
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

(07-11-2021, 06:05 PM)seaside Wrote: Cant say i see the difference between Judaism and Aryanism. When you proclaim people of certain ethnicity as chosen one. You kind of are nuts and a racist arent you?

You really need to stop with the starting of multiple prevocative threads that you then don't bother to interact with. At the moment you are giving myself and everyone else the distinct impression of being a very immature individual who is deliberately trolling the members here. No one thinks you're edgy, clever or making people think, we just find you rather irritating and annoying. Personally I'd like to see you get some time out on the naughty step, perhaps if your moniker did turn a shade of faecal brown for a while with all the posting restrictions that entails we would find out just how serious you are about being a member of the community here.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Deesse23

(07-12-2021, 05:26 PM)adey67 Wrote:

You really need to stop with the starting of multiple prevocative threads that you then don't bother to interact with. At the moment you are giving myself and everyone else the distinct impression of being a very immature individual who is deliberately trolling the members here. No one thinks you're edgy, clever or making people think, we just find you rather irritating and annoying. Personally I'd like to see you get some time out on the naughty step, perhaps if your moniker did turn a shade of faecal brown for a while with all the posting restrictions that entails we would find out just how serious you are about being a member of the community here.

He has restrictions already.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • adey67, SYZ

(07-12-2021, 01:54 PM)Aliza Wrote: @seaside (and anyone else), what exactly do you think being chosen means?

Far as I know, god is pretty dickish to his chosen people in judaism.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(07-12-2021, 04:43 PM)Minimalist Wrote: The theistic equivalent of Tommy Smothers saying "Mom always loved you best."

Okay, but the bible is about all the ways the Jews screw up.

(07-12-2021, 05:26 PM)adey67 Wrote: Personally I'd like to see you get some time out on the naughty step...

But he isn't proselytizing.

(07-12-2021, 05:56 PM)abaris Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 01:54 PM)Aliza Wrote: @seaside (and anyone else), what exactly do you think being chosen means?

Far as I know, god is pretty dickish to his chosen people in judaism.

Gravity is also pretty dickish to people falling from great heights. Why can't gravity cut these people a break if they fall down a set of stairs or lean over a little too far on a balcony?

(07-12-2021, 06:11 PM)Inkubus Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 05:26 PM)adey67 Wrote: Personally I'd like to see you get some time out on the naughty step...

But he isn't proselytizing.

The naughty list is not reserved exclusively for proselytizers.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • adey67

Most peoples in the world do consider or have considered themselves as "chosen" for one reason or thing or another.

It appeals to people's ego to be chosen.

I see nothing earth-moving in it.
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Alan V, GenesisNemesis

(07-12-2021, 06:09 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 04:43 PM)Minimalist Wrote: The theistic equivalent of Tommy Smothers saying "Mom always loved you best."

Okay, but the bible is about all the ways the Jews screw up.

https://www.satirewire.com/god-names-nex...ews-again/

Quote:GOD NAMES NEXT "CHOSEN PEOPLE"; IT'S JEWS AGAIN

“Oh Shit,” Say Jews
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 4 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Aliza, Bucky Ball, Deesse23, Thumpalumpacus

(07-12-2021, 06:48 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.satirewire.com/god-names-nex...ews-again/

Quote:GOD NAMES NEXT "CHOSEN PEOPLE"; IT'S JEWS AGAIN

“Oh Shit,” Say Jews

ROFL2 Every so often, Min, you give me a proper belly laugh!

Yes, the Jews are responsible for all the ills of the world, nay the universe!

Moishe killed all the dinosaurs.
PM me for more nasty knish like tidbits.

Damn jewish mishpoke!
R.I.P. Hannes

(07-12-2021, 05:53 PM)Dom Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 05:26 PM)adey67 Wrote:

Excellent, forgive me I didn't know as his moniker hasnt changed colour Thumbs Up

(07-12-2021, 07:29 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 05:53 PM)Dom Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 05:26 PM)adey67 Wrote: You really need to stop with the starting of multiple prevocative threads that you then don't bother to interact with. At the moment you are giving myself and everyone else the distinct impression of being a very immature individual who is deliberately trolling the members here. No one thinks you're edgy, clever or making people think, we just find you rather irritating and annoying. Personally I'd like to see you get some time out on the naughty step, perhaps if your moniker did turn a shade of faecal brown for a while with all the posting restrictions that entails we would find out just how serious you are about being a member of the community here.

Excellent, forgive me I didn't know as his moniker hasnt changed colour Thumbs Up

He is not in the naughty group, he is under supervision. Pretty much the same thing, but with personal attention by mods.
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • adey67

(07-12-2021, 08:40 PM)Dom Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 07:29 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 05:53 PM)Dom Wrote: He has restrictions already.

He is not in the naughty group, he is under supervision. Pretty much the same thing, but with personal attention by mods.

That's great let's hope he appreciates it, I guess if he is deliberately trolling he'll lose interest and move on that's what usually happens because trolling is often all about enjoying causing disruption and getting attention.
The following 3 users Like adey67's post:
  • Dom, Aliza, jerry mcmasters

(07-11-2021, 10:16 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 09:43 PM)trdsf Wrote: Racism has existed since long before organized religion.  It's been around since one tribe of prehistoric humans looked at another tribe and said, "They're different from us."

... and "they might want to hunt in our valley".
I suspect the "they're different" was enough.  Humans never really stopped being frightened little cavemen.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 1 user Likes trdsf's post:
  • Dom

(07-12-2021, 11:03 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 06:47 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 06:35 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Dicksizing was common, ubiquitous even, back then. Saying one group could claim credit for the idea is just silly.

I "think" I understand your post, but I'm not sure.  On the one paw, no one can factually claim to be "chosen" by any deity since there are none.  But on the other, the comparison is rather both deliberately insensitive but possibly legitimate.  There ARE parallels.

Exodus was a story told about how great their god was, he kicked Egypt's ass, the super power of the age. The fact that nobody else had heard of this is irrelevant to the storytellers.

True, but facts still matter. I've read articles "proving" the Jews were never slaves (or willing workers) in Egypt but rather in Persia (whatever name at the time) by pottery-matching and cultural references. Well, heck, you wander around in the desert long enough and who know WHERE you started from?
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

This is another hermit crab thread.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Early in his career, Adolf Hitler planned to write a massive history of the human race.  Never finished.  Hitler did start research for this book, including reading the Bible. Hitler was delighted to note that the Jews invented racism with their doctrine of being God's chosen people.  This gave Hitler sanction to believe providence (God) gave Germany sanction for a similar racist ideology.  Germans as the chosen people and Hitler as the chosen leader appointed by providence to take over the world in the name of the German master race.

https://archive.org/details/hitlers-lett...rner-maser

Contains Hitler's notes for his book.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!