Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The reality whether we like it or not

(05-18-2021, 11:46 AM)Lion IRC Wrote: I might be mistaken...

Well... you usually are   Big Grin           No need to change long habits matey.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

(05-18-2021, 11:46 AM)Lion IRC Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 06:31 PM)adey67 Wrote: ...the fact that you're still here is absolute proof that we have a far greater respect for free speech thought and contest of ideas than you or any of your contemporaries will ever have.

Oh, perhaps you're right. Sorry.
I might be mistaken.
I thought Link just got banned.
If he didn't then I'm gonna give you a 'like' and a +Rep for defending Link's right to post here.

We're just immoral atheists being immoral. Smile

If you don't like that go somewhere else. By the way I'm wondering why you're pretending to he some kind of defender for free speech when the very first commandment of your god is,"thou shalt have no other gods before me", which is a blasphemy law that you would defend to the death.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

(05-17-2021, 06:31 PM)adey67 Wrote: ...the fact that you're still here is absolute proof that we have a far greater respect for free speech thought and contest of ideas than you or any of your contemporaries will ever have.

I might be mistaken.
If he didn't then I'm gonna give you a 'like' and a +Rep for defending Link's right to post here.

Link was sent on a hiatus. Which is the second time in some 6 or more years, counting his membership in TTA. Many of us know him well, as well as you can know a fellow poster, and we know what happens when he goes off the rails and stops his meds. Posting here agitates him and sends him on a bad spin.

You are completely new here and know few of us, and you don't know our rules, but you sit in judgement instantly. Your preconceptions must come from watching how things are done on some other forums. I suggest you wait until you get to know the community before starting to pass judgement.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 5 users Like Dom's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Kim, julep, adey67, Deesse23

(05-18-2021, 02:03 PM)Dom Wrote: You are completely new here

But he was on TTA (unless someone else had the exact same nick, which is as unlikely as his mythology of choice/birth). His posts were as devoid of any substance then they are now.
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Kim

(05-18-2021, 02:03 PM)Dom Wrote: Your preconceptions must come from watching how things are done on some other forums.

I can assure you his judgments come from his bigotry towards atheists.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

For anyone unaware, that's why I'm so harsh on Lion.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Kim

(05-18-2021, 02:09 PM)Vera Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 02:03 PM)Dom Wrote: You are completely new here

But he was on TTA (unless someone else had the exact same nick, which is as unlikely as his mythology of choice/birth). His posts were as devoid of any substance then they are now.

Hmm, I don't remember him from there. Then he should know Link as Mystic Knight.

(05-18-2021, 02:34 PM)Dom Wrote: Hmm, I don't remember him from there. Then he should know Link as Mystic Knight.

Was Mystic Knight ever on TTA though, I thought he was an AF alumnus? Consider

I seem to have a vague memory of this Lion character being banned and then coming back under a blatantly similar nick but I may be confusing this part with someone else.
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

I might be mistaken.
No Lion that isn't what I meant, I support the admins decision to send Link on a vacation for six months and my post to you means exactly what it says, on most Christian forums any atheist posting in the manner that you and Link have/do would have been perma banned immediately and on some Christian forums even self identifying as an atheist is enough to get an instant ban. FYI I think you'll find as you have negative (-1) reputation points that you're unable to rep anyone, you need to have positive rep to award reps yourself.
Edit: I notice your rep is now up to neutral rather than negative so you may possibly be able to give rep now (but don't take my word for it I could be wrong) either way don't bother because I didn't say what you think I said.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

(05-18-2021, 02:53 PM)Vera Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 02:34 PM)Dom Wrote: Hmm, I don't remember him from there. Then he should know Link as Mystic Knight.

I seem to have a vague memory of this Lion character being banned and then coming back under a blatantly similar nick but I may be confusing this part with someone else.

Mystic was on TTA, and Wicked Clown was there too. And those are the two people Lion picked to defend. Makes Lion look trollish, especially if he knew those people from before. But I am not ready to see him as that sort of troll, I think he may just have a chip on his shoulder regarding bannings on forums. We'll see.
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(05-18-2021, 03:02 PM)Dom Wrote: Mystic was on TTA, and Wicked Clown was there too. And those are the two people Lion picked to defend. Makes Lion look trollish, especially if he knew those people from before. But I am not ready to see him as that sort of troll, I think he may just have a chip on his shoulder regarding bannings on forums. We'll see.

To the best of my (admittedly not that detailed) recollection he was just your garden-variety religionist who wanted to preach at us (and pick the occasional pointless argument). Must have been a bit more irritating than most for me to have remembered him but that's about it.
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dom

(05-18-2021, 03:02 PM)Dom Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 02:53 PM)Vera Wrote:

Mystic was on TTA, and Wicked Clown was there too. And those are the two people Lion picked to defend. Makes Lion look trollish, especially if he knew those people from before. But I am not ready to see him as that sort of troll, I think he may just have a chip on his shoulder regarding bannings on forums. We'll see.

Personally I just think it's as simple as Lion thinking atheists are the most evil people in the world, so we must necessarily be up to no good whenever a theist gets banned. I know from experience that he's that bigoted.

(05-18-2021, 03:16 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 02:53 PM)Vera Wrote: Was Mystic Knight ever on TTA though, I thought he was an AF alumnus? Consider

Personally I just think it's as simple as Lion thinking atheists are the most evil people in the world, so we must necessarily be up to no good whenever a theist gets banned. I know from experience that he's that bigoted.

Yabbut, Wicked Clown was not a theist, or in any case he never talked about religion.

(05-18-2021, 03:16 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 02:53 PM)Vera Wrote: Was Mystic Knight ever on TTA though, I thought he was an AF alumnus? Consider

Percie seems to love him though, apparently we're all wicked and evil and ganging up on him for being a theist Chuckle
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Quote:Percie seems to love him though, apparently we're all wicked and evil and ganging up on him for being a theist

What a great idea!

[Image: pitchforks.gif]

Big Grin
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • adey67

(05-18-2021, 02:29 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: I can assure you his judgments come from his bigotry towards atheists.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

For anyone unaware, that's why I'm so harsh on Lion.

The only contact I had with him so far was approving his first post. He's not on my most wanted list, that's for sure.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

I'm starting to have un charitable thoughts like perhaps we need a purge.