Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panera Bread: Loaded With Christees

"Your hours are being cut until you find god."

Holy  Angel  shit!

And then ...
Quote: ... McCoy tried to take the matter up the chain to the District Manager, who ignored her complaint. When she attempted to contact Human Resources at the parent company, McCoy never heard back. Then the District Manager told McCoy (after taunting her about trying to call the higher-ups), to resign. Both McCoy and her husband (who also worked at the Pleasent Hills, Pennsylvania location) were terminated.

I'm not gonna even address the issue of all their products being way overpriced.   Dodgy

Xhristards are fucking hypocrites. 

This is not news.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Kim, GenesisNemesis

That's despicable!

(But also, I can never, for the life(-force) of me, take "pagans" and "witches" seriously. Seriously! How about we accept the world as it is, not as our childish fantasies would want it to be. Too hard for many, I guess.)
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 4 users Like Vera's post:
  • Kim, skyking, GenesisNemesis, SYZ

(04-02-2021, 07:36 PM)Kim Wrote: "Your hours are being cut until you find god."

Holy  Angel  shit!

And then ...
Quote: ... McCoy tried to take the matter up the chain to the District Manager, who ignored her complaint. When she attempted to contact Human Resources at the parent company, McCoy never heard back. Then the District Manager told McCoy (after taunting her about trying to call the higher-ups), to resign. Both McCoy and her husband (who also worked at the Pleasent Hills, Pennsylvania location) were terminated.

I'm not gonna even address the issue of all their products being way overpriced.   Dodgy

I'm smelling one hell of a lawsuit in this one.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Kim

(04-02-2021, 10:07 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(04-02-2021, 07:36 PM)Kim Wrote: "Your hours are being cut until you find god."

Holy  Angel  shit!

And then ...

I'm smelling one hell of a lawsuit in this one.

The ACLU lawyers gonna be drooling over this like Pavlov's dogs at a dinner bell. Big Grin
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 4 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Fireball, skyking, Kim

Shitty behavior is expected from christians. I mean moral midgets worshipping space Hitler are trash by default.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Many evangelicals live in terror of "giving place to the devil" and these managers probably believed that anything short of pushing this couple out would remove god's "umbrella of protection" from them, even make them subject to god's judgment. Why, these were actual devil worshipers! (NOT, of course, but they couldn't be arsed to find out what pagans really are on about).

Seriously, even as a Christian, there were times when I felt that believers were far more impressed with satan than with god himself. One time an elder visited us and noticed that we had a holder for drink coasters in the form of an owl. He declared this an occult symbol and said we should "cleans the house" of it and anything like it. This was a church that we were evaluating for regular attendance so I thanked him for making our decision clear and we never went back. There were too many threads of crazy at that congregation.

The other problem is that this kind of thing played into my then-wife's paranoia and was just one more contributor to destabilizing her mentally. These kinds of sub-groups tend to attract neurotic (if not outright mentally ill) people and feed their personal problems. Really when you unpack it, toxic religiosity (of which, arguably, there is no other kind, it's only a matter of degree) always looks for "hooks" of one kind or another to make you dependent and to control you, and if they can convince you that you need them as allies in a titanic unseen spiritual battle with evil, then you'll be all the more afraid to think independently or to accept non-believers as any sort of friend that might influence you in ways the leadership doesn't approve of. You'll then reset such people even as acquaintances or coworkers except as objects of evangelism. Or put another way -- it's an excuse to dehumanize people outside your tribe, allowing you to treat them like shit.
The following 3 users Like mordant's post:
  • julep, Thumpalumpacus, Kim