Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Growing chillies and making home made sauces

(03-05-2020, 02:39 PM)Finite Monkeys Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 08:38 PM)adey67 Wrote: Same here, about 22 miles north of Brighton near a market town with an affiliation to a certain poet.

Do you mean Shelley? If so I lived there from 1987 to 2016.

No shit!! Seriously? It's a small world my friend. Lol we just doxxed ourselves dude (well I did you're not there anymore)
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Finite Monkeys

@adey67 Yes indeed, mostly working in IT for a certain insurance company. A small world indeed! I'm there fairly often on Saturdays to watch the football (Hornets, not YM) - should be there this Saturday, providing Southern Rail services have survived the rain!
The following 1 user Likes Finite Monkeys's post:
  • adey67

OK, I gotta tell you this.  When the Carter admnistration set up those odd/even lisence plate number gas days, a friend and I were heading to Canada for some primitive camping.  The last place we stopped in the US was a chinese restaurant.  And it was "real" chinese.  The menu was in chinese.  So we pointed to a chicken/pepper dish the guy at the table next to us was eating.

Does the idea of "hundred megaton chicken" suggest anything?  I grew up in New England.  The spiciest thing I ever ate was buttered lobster with a tiny dash of hot sauce.  My head sweats just looking at Buffulo wings.  My friend was from NYC (NYC?) and had "experienced" salsa (this was 1975).

So the old guy next to us was eating all the peppers and chicken happily without any problem...

I took a bite and died!  More accurately, I wanted to.  Just eating the chicken was like drinking gasoline!  All I can say is that the peppers were small, pointy, and red.  And like in the Johnny Cash song, "kicked like a mule and bit like a crocodile".   OMC!  I drank a gallon of water.  I know better than that now.  I should have asked for milk,  But I was young and inexperienced then.

I still sweat now just remembering that dish...
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Finite Monkeys

Chilli powders

[Image: 20200306-chilli-powders.jpg]

L-R: Trinidad Scorpion, Aji Limon, Apache, Super Chilli