Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy crap

Holy crap
This is supposed to be a judge? She doesn't know what a woman is? Is she insane?

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 07:32 PM)Free2think Wrote: This is supposed to be a judge? She doesn't know what a woman is? Is she insane?

Holy crap
Care to elaborate, what this is supposed to be about? You've been asked numerous times by staff to give a summary of your posts. What's your point or opinion to post this.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Holy crap
Yeah, so you're focusing on black people and Jews. Got it.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • julep

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 07:34 PM)abaris Wrote: Care to elaborate, what this is supposed to be about?

I posted a link to a youtube video. Did it not show? I can see it on my end.

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 07:35 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Yeah, so you're focusing on black people and Jews. Got it.

What has that got to do with my posts? Because someone is black or Jewish?

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 07:32 PM)Free2think Wrote: This is supposed to be a judge? She doesn't know what a woman is? Is she insane?

Okay I'll bite.

If you saw a bear trap on the path ahead of you, would you step in it?

No, she's not insane.
The following 1 user Likes Alan V's post:
  • Minimalist

Holy crap
You seem to be focusing on blacks and Jews.
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Vera

Holy crap
Once again. What's your point in posting this?

Not everyone wants to watch a video to guess what you're aiming at. Because guesswork it would be, since you don't grace us with a point. Only spamming new threads about orthodox jews, black jews and now a black supreme justice. There seems to be a pattern there. And I'm not sure, I appreciate that pattern.
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Holy crap
I've been posting on forums since 2006. I know it doesn't get better with these types.  Tongue
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Vera, Thumpalumpacus

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 07:38 PM)Alan V Wrote: Okay I'll bite.

If you saw a bear trap on the path ahead of you, would you step in it?

No, she's not insane.

So if she's not insane than she's either very stupid or this is for some reason a willful act pretending not to know what a woman is. Either way it says nothing good about her qualifications as a judge.

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 07:51 PM)Free2think Wrote: So if she's not insane than she's either very stupid or this is for some reason a willful act pretending not to know what a woman is. Either way it says nothing good about her qualifications as a judge.

Did you even listen to her answer?
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Alan V, Fireball

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 07:52 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Did you even listen to her answer?

He heard what he wanted to hear, just as the questioner did.  It was only a rhetorical question, a trap, not a serious question.

The fact that I have to spell that out means Free2think is also asking rhetorical questions, not serious ones.
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, julep

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 07:52 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Did you even listen to her answer?

I read her answer yes. I've got a bad itch on my nuts right now though so I was scratching , might have missed something but I can't think what it might have been.

Holy crap
Oh look. We've acquired Jordan Peterson-lite. Yippee Deadpan Coffee Drinker

[Image: Capture.png]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Free2think

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 07:33 PM)Free2think Wrote: (video link removed)

I thought her answer was fine. She was faced with a loaded, bullshit question designed to discredit her no matter what she said. If this was an authentic question, she would have been asked about how she might rule in a particular instance where the definition of a woman might come into play.
The following 6 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Alan V, abaris, GenesisNemesis, Vera, SYZ, Paleophyte

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 08:03 PM)Aliza Wrote: I thought her answer was fine. She was faced with a loaded, bullshit question designed to discredit her no matter what she said. If this was an authentic question, she would have been asked about how she might rule in a particular instance where the definition of a woman might come into play.

Fine? Everyone knows what a woman is, an adult human female. Little kids know that, everyone on earth has known that since humans have existed aside from mental vegetables. And she can't just say a woman is adult human female? It's as nuts as saying a guy rose from the dead or a talking snake tricked some people living in a garden. There is no reason what so ever in her response.

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 08:12 PM)Free2think Wrote: Fine? Everyone knows what a woman is, an adult human female. 

This is literally a totally vacuous statement. You're just using a synonym.  ROFL2
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Vera

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 08:12 PM)Free2think Wrote: Fine? Everyone knows what a woman is, an adult human female. Little kids know that, everyone on earth has known that since humans have existed aside from mental vegetables. And she can't just say a woman is adult human female? It's as nuts as saying a guy rose from the dead or a talking snake tricked some people living in a garden. There is no reason what so ever in her response.

Can we please not pretend to be unaware of the transgender issue in our culture right now? She wasn't asked for the definition of a shoe. She was asked for the definition of something that is currently very triggering for people right now. 

Whether or not that topic should be triggering is separate to the confirmation hearing for a supreme court justice.
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Vera, GenesisNemesis, Deesse23

Holy crap
[Image: 6hguo4ryy6c51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...360ecfdf7e]

Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 8 users Like Vera's post:
  • Aliza, GenesisNemesis, Dom, Peebothuhlu, Szuchow, Deesse23, Paleophyte, Brian Shanahan

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 08:22 PM)Aliza Wrote: Can we please not pretend to be unaware of the transgender issue in our culture right now? She wasn't asked for the definition of a shoe. She was asked for the definition of something that is currently very triggering for people right now. 

Whether or not that topic should be triggering is separate to the confirmation hearing for a supreme court justice.

Well we could delve into how mentally ill people are being exploited at the risk of their lives for political gain. I'm just trying  to point out that this is every bit as loony as right wing anti abortion arguments or religious nuttery. Obviously a man is a man and a woman is a woman and a lot of people have lost their minds much to the delight of the big corporations and multi national banks willing to exploit these left wing Q anon level loonies.

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 08:33 PM)Free2think Wrote: Well we could delve into how mentally ill people are being exploited at the risk of their lives for political gain. I'm just trying  to point out that this is every bit as loony as right wing anti abortion arguments or religious nuttery. Obviously a man is a man and a woman is a woman and a lot of people have lost their minds much to the delight of the big corporations and multi national banks willing to exploit these left wing Q anon level loonies.

There are fuckwits on both sides of the spectrum. Putting Jackson on the spot like that was stupid and while it may have hit home with her intended audience, it did nothing to sway me to her side of the aisle. 

The votes to confirm her had been with her from the get-go so the conservatives were probably just loading up their cannon with more fodder for a future battle.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Alan V

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 08:33 PM)Free2think Wrote: Well we could delve into how mentally ill people are being exploited at the risk of their lives for political gain.

Kindly pick your soapbox and go screech your primitive nonsense on some street corner.
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Deesse23

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 08:33 PM)Free2think Wrote: Well we could delve into how mentally ill people are being exploited at the risk of their lives for political gain.

Yeah. I'm asking myself, if you really are as opposed to the right as you make it seem. Today, medical science is above calling these people mentally ill. Same as with gay people, who for the longest time, have been called mentally ill also.
The following 3 users Like abaris's post:
  • Thingymebob, Thumpalumpacus, Deesse23

Holy crap
(04-16-2022, 08:41 PM)Vera Wrote: Kindly pick your soapbox and go screech your primitive nonsense on some street corner.

Nope, can't do that. See, I'm just getting started. 

[Image: Download-free-joker-wallpapers.png?u=htt...=1&p=0&a=0]