Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WandaVision

WandaVision
When I saw the trailer for it on the telly, I thought it was going to be a movie.

Did a search for it, and it turns out it's going to be a mini-series.

WandaVision

Quote:Blends the style of classic sitcoms with the MCU in which Wanda Maximoff and Vision -two super-powered beings living their ideal suburban lives-begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems.

Anyone going to watch it?

The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • KittyAnn

WandaVision
(01-14-2021, 03:30 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: When I saw the trailer for it on the telly, I thought it was going to be a movie.

Did a search for it, and it turns out it's going to be a mini-series.

WandaVision

Quote:Blends the style of classic sitcoms with the MCU in which Wanda Maximoff and Vision -two super-powered beings living their ideal suburban lives-begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems.

Anyone going to watch it?

I'm too burnt on Marvel and I will not knowingly and willingly give The Evil Empire so much as a single cent. Fuck the house of mouse.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 3 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Phaedrus, Minimalist, skyking

WandaVision
I'll watch it. I'm a thief. I don't give any of them a cent. :-)
The following 1 user Likes Little Lunch's post:
  • Phaedrus

WandaVision
(01-14-2021, 05:01 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: I'm too burnt on Marvel and I will not knowingly and willingly give The Evil Empire so much as a single cent. Fuck the house of mouse.

Hey now, that House of Mouse pays my state income tax on my behalf.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Phaedrus

WandaVision
I'm HYPED for this - like very much interested.

In the comic books Wanda can change reality - and this show relates to her re-writing reality to create a "perfect life" with The Vision [who looks to have died during Infinity war, and whom she loves]. Each episode looks to be themed around the "best of TV sitcoms from the 50's to the 90's" where she has changed reality to try and get "the perfect life" with the person she loves which will then be reflected in that era of TV, plus something else taking place in the here and now 'real' world.

Very much looking forward to this Smile
The following 2 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Phaedrus, KittyAnn

WandaVision
I really liked Elizabeth Olsen's character, but I'm a bit leery of the new series.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Phaedrus

WandaVision
I very much enjoyed the first two episodes - loving the throw back elements of the 50's/60's style tv shows, but there is also a whole bunch of "what is going on here" as well. Clearly a slow burn with major reveals to come in the later episodes.

Very much looking forward to episode 3 and beyond.
  • Phaedrus, Aroura

WandaVision
No.

Not just "no" but "HELL NO."
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus

WandaVision
Loving the first two episodes.  Funny, creative, intriguing and creepy all at once.
The sometimes subtle sometimes direct references to classic TV shows is great.  Everything from Bewitched to the Dick Van Dyke show, all mixed together with a good dose of The Twilight Zone. I love many of those old classics, so this is tons of fun.
My family is already hooked.
The following 4 users Like Aroura's post:
  • Aliza, mordant, Phaedrus, OakTree500

WandaVision
Saw the first episode. Cute.

My theory is
Show ContentSpoiler:

*shrugs* I can't really remember what happened to them in the last movie.

By the end of the second episode, it becomes apparent that Wanda at least subconsciously know what is happening.

WandaVision
(01-19-2021, 03:39 PM)Aroura Wrote: Loving the first two episodes.  Funny, creative, intriguing and creepy all at once.
The sometimes subtle sometimes direct references to classic TV shows is great.  Everything from Bewitched to the Dick Van Dyke show, all mixed together with a good dose of The Twilight Zone. I love many of those old classics, so this is tons of fun.

I couldn't place the first set, but the second episode's set was very clearly Bewitched. Mystery solved!  

I'm enjoying it too. I was perplexed in the first episode, and I thought that I wasn't going to be able to sit through a series that has recreated old TV shows (not that I don't love old TV shows!), but I can see now that there's some more intricate storytelling going on.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Aroura

WandaVision
(01-20-2021, 04:23 AM)Aliza Wrote: I couldn't place the first set.

I thought both sets were Bewitched. *shrugs*

• Aliza

WandaVision
(01-20-2021, 04:23 AM)Aliza Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 03:39 PM)Aroura Wrote: Loving the first two episodes.  Funny, creative, intriguing and creepy all at once.

I couldn't place the first set, but the second episode's set was very clearly Bewitched. Mystery solved!  

I'm enjoying it too. I was perplexed in the first episode, and I thought that I wasn't going to be able to sit through a series that has recreated old TV shows (not that I don't love old TV shows!), but I can see now that there's some more intricate storytelling going on.

I saw something reminded me of the Donna Reed show, at least her costume very strongly reminded me of that.  

[Image: MV5BNjM3MzYxNTA2Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTA5...@._V1_.jpg]

My husband says the neighbor who stops by is a reference to the honeymooners, as she said her husbands name was Ralph and she's very vocal.

Also definite references to I dream of Genie, Leave it to Beaver.  Also I love Lucy of course, which is even in the bedroom scene, I think.

Anyone else have guesses to the references?
The following 1 user Likes Aroura's post:
  • Phaedrus

WandaVision
(01-20-2021, 02:51 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: *shrugs* I can't really remember what happened to them in the last movie.

By the end of the second episode, it becomes apparent that Wanda at least subconsciously know what is happening.

Re this: on Disney+ there is a mini series called "Legends" that has like a quick recap of Wanda + visions stories from the movies. I think they are like 10-15 mins each.

In short:
In Infinity War -

Show ContentSpoiler:

Wanda vision implies she maybe knows whats going on, but maybe not. I'm torn between her warping reality to make it look like it is or maybe somebody doing this to her. Guess we'll find out Smile
  • Phaedrus, Aroura

WandaVision
Next episode available on the 22nd.

• Aroura

WandaVision
Third episode:

Brady Bunch influence? (minus all those brats) If there are any other past influences, I expect other more knowledgeable viewers will figure it out

Oh, baby!

That blip, at first I thought something was wrong with my streaming.

Those commercials, cute little touch.

That's right, I'd forgotten Wanda was a twin.

Uh-oh, the plot unfolds.

Oh, I think I see what's happening.
Show ContentSpoiler:

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

Seems I might have been right about my theory.

WandaVision
Episode Four.

Show ContentSpoiler:

WandaVision
What, you all stopped watching?

WandaVision
Im still watching Smile

LOVED this last episode - as my friend has rightly said "they've gone full marvel now", and its bloody brilliant.
  • Phaedrus, Aroura

WandaVision
Having only watched the trailer for WandaVision, I can tell it's definitely
not my cup of tea.  That's possibly unfair, but I checked with IMDb and
during January, it got 290 user reviews rating it 1/10, versus only 318
reviews rating it 10/10.     This split says it all.

Most positive reviews seem to be from MCU fanbois.     Deadpan Coffee Drinker
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

WandaVision
(02-01-2021, 01:58 PM)SYZ Wrote: Having only watched the trailer for WandaVision, I can tell it's definitely

It's actually a good show. Check it out.

• Aroura

WandaVision
(02-01-2021, 01:58 PM)SYZ Wrote: Having only watched the trailer for WandaVision, I can tell it's definitely

I mean - it helps if you are a fan of the MCU stuff......as it links directly into this and is following on from years of Movies etc.

However, I will say I personally REALLY enjoy it. Its a lot of fun, but as we've gone on the episodes are getting more and more intense. With the last episode being a legit "game changer" in terms of changes to the overall MCU itself.
  • Phaedrus, Aroura

WandaVision
Uncertain of the influence for episode five.

Oh, Family Ties, Picket Fences?

• Aroura

WandaVision
Family ties for sure. Even the font was the same.

WandaVision

It has an 8.0 average. That's high for any genre.  Looking at the extremes is hardly going to give an accurate picture of anything.
The following 2 users Like Aroura's post:
  • Phaedrus, OakTree500