Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.33 Average
why your prayers often, if not always fail

He is a troll and completely useless. IMHO he should be banned to end this travesty. I see absolutely no value in interaction with this individual, who possibly needs professional help anyway.
R.I.P. Hannes

(02-12-2020, 04:22 PM)Astreja Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 02:42 PM)Drich Wrote: If by experiences you mean individualual cats you owned over the years... We have already discussed this ad nauseum and I have conceded this point. I even refrain from posting my publicly advertised business address/factory service center and sale lot, (as proof of what God has done for me) in fear of you dumping several dozen currently owned 'experiences' at my place of business now.

Oh, dear sweet little Drichie-poo, I assure you that I would never, ever entrust even one animal to a clueless lout like you.  When I did have cats, I actually took care of them -- Vet visits, good-quality food, early-morning pill wrangling, even learning how to inject B12 subcutaneously.

No, what I mean by "experiences" is this:
  • Post-secondary certifications in Arts, Information Technology and Business Administration.
yes I can see how this would.... oh wait, no this is no help
  • Quote:
  • Work experience in medicine, manufacturing, accounting, commodities trading and education, including two senior positions. yes I could see how positioning seniors would... never mind.
  • Quote:
  • On the executive boards of two local organizations. being a den mother for a troop of girl scouts doesn't really help one judge a life lived beyong their experiences could afford them.. (or has the topic blown over your head and you are going down a non sequitur that has you boasting/reassuring me what i said was correct? let us continue to pick at your pride of life shall we??
  • Quote:
  • Speak multiple languages. who doesn't? live in different cultures? did you grow up as a poor asian boy maybe? that would be relevant sort of.
  • Quote:
  • Play multiple musical instruments. Now This skill is one need almost required to judge what it is to live beyond your scope... oh wait no it doesn't.
  • Quote:
  • Side gig as professional editor, and member of a writing circle. so, you grade papers? nice, maybe you could take turns with buckey grading my written work, because topically neither one of you seems to have a clue as to how to respond to a subject directly. it's like you talk at people without listening to anything being said... you just wait your turn and say whatever it is you were going to say despite the direction of the conversation. And all of this lived/spent life has not help with that one bit.
Which again shows limitations on your ability to judge anything let alone something you have not experienced... Like successful prayer?!?!? topic coming back to you yet?
  • Quote:Excellent finances, with less than $1000 current credit card debt.  I've also paid off the mortgage on not one but two houses.
    nice. but again no help in judging a life lived beyond it's experience.
  • Quote:I do most of my own home renovations,
    just bought a house, but built the barn and animal pins.

• Quote: brew my own mead,
    I have bees as well and we cold fermented (not brewed)  5 gallons bottled it and handed them out for christmas this year.. tasted alot like mild beer. even has some bubbles. even so no help in judging successful prayer. although with my mead i prayed/petitioned i did not just waste like 15 lbs of honey
  • Quote:
  • maintain a garden, i planted an orchard of peaches figs dates and lemons and limes.

• Quote:knit, sew
    wife knits and sews.
    Quote:and do gourmet cooking.
    I grill and cook all of the korean and japanese food we eat.
  • also make and smoke our own bacon.
  • Quote:Used to compete in martial arts tournaments and hold a purple belt in Shotokan karate.
    I use to fight alot everyday infact for like 3 years straight. sometime multiple fights a day.. now I have guns. don't have to fight anymore. also have 'guys'. my last fight was when I fired a dude for being late and he punched me and before I could get to him my guys had him on the ground kicking the crap out of him/one was his cousin. I had to throw myself on him to get them to stop. 
  • but still no help in judging answered prayer.

• Quote: I also know how to shoot a gun and a bow.
    shooting a gun  a monkey can do. can you hit anything besides the ground?
Quote:
  • Have seen not one but two total solar eclipses.  Heart 
i only seen the one.. see lots of big spots and floaters now.... probably not going to make it through another one.
Quote:I'm interpreting your "cat lady" obsession as a mixture of misogyny and badly-targeted one-upmanship.  Now STFU or expect the Mother of All Paper Cuts when I pull out my SAT transcript   Big Grin .

Astreja is close to (Greek: Ἀστερία) is the Titaness goddess of oracles, prophetic dreams, She was the goddess of fire, cats, of the home and pregnant women. According ...

plus 1/2 you face is covered in your avatar which reminds me of a cat lady i once knew..

plus when you chime in it is slightly off topic/incoherent... 

kinda like Dr. Eleanor Abernathy MD JD, better known as the Crazy Cat Lady, is a mentally ill hoarder woman who always surrounds herself with a large number of cats. She usually screams gibberish and/or throws her cats at passersby.

(02-12-2020, 05:11 PM)no one Wrote: Be honest dingleberry, you prayed to be a Disney princess when you were young didn't you?

Now you're miffed that it didn't happen to you, the fairytale didn't come true, so you're attempting to rationalize why you only amounted an intellectually stunted candlestick, right?

again as explained on the video, this would not be a prayer... I even used Genie in this part of the video to explain why your specific prayer of becoming a disney princess would not work. (seriously)

(02-12-2020, 06:59 PM)Chas Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 02:35 PM)Drich Wrote:
(02-11-2020, 11:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: Drippy is *so* dumb, he actually thinks atheists pray to the gods they don't believe in, and that they care about prayer they don't do, to their "nothing there".

buckster is so dumb that he believes everyone who calls himself an atheist is in fact an atheist. He still does not understand even after read the majority of your comments that most of you do not disbelieve as much as hate God first then claim disbelief only as a intellectual crutch to be used when ever caught off guard in a theological discussion.

He himself is guilty of this several times in just this thread I even point it out once or twice. But i guess that is a draw back of having your head firmly planted in the sand.

We don't hate your god - your god doesn't exist. 

You, on the other hand, exist and while hate isn't the appropriate emotion, pity is.

you mean like I'm sorry for your loss...

(of hair)  Rofl2 pity you say?!? have you read some of the hate filled things you peers say to me just because i do not think like they do? there is no pity here there is no quartered offered and none is given. (hence my scalping joke)  Winking seriously.. there is no need to hate or pity. I like what i do here and I like it even more when I do help one of you.

(02-12-2020, 08:13 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: He is a troll and completely useless. IMHO he should be banned to end this travesty. I see absolutely no value in interaction with this individual, who possibly needs professional help anyway.

then why post on my thread?
The following 1 user Likes Drich's post:
  • theophilus

(02-12-2020, 08:37 PM)Drich Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 08:13 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: He is a troll and completely useless. IMHO he should be banned to end this travesty. I see absolutely no value in interaction with this individual, who possibly needs professional help anyway.

How many times do you have to be told it's not *your* thread.
Exactly how much have you contributed here ?

You started a thread, and got your ass wiped with it, ... proving again you know nothing about Christianity.
You gave the atheists here the opportunity to demonstrate how much more they know about your cult than you do.
Thanks a lot.
Bye bye.
Don't come back.
Stop posting your idiot videos in the wrong place.
No one cares about prayer here, or about reconciling your fool Bible with evolution.
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Minimalist, Astreja

(02-11-2020, 11:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: Drippy is *so* dumb, he actually thinks atheists pray to the gods they don't believe in, and that they care about prayer they don't do, to their "nothing there".

buckster is so dumb that he believes everyone who calls himself an atheist is in fact an atheist. He still does not understand even after read the majority of your comments that most of you do not disbelieve as much as hate God first then claim disbelief only as a intellectual crutch to be used when ever caught off guard in a theological discussion.

He himself is guilty of this several times in just this thread I even point it out once or twice. But i guess that is a draw back of having your head firmly planted in the sand.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that just because atheists can conceive of your (or any) god, and talk about it as if it were a real possibility that it means we believe it really is real or possible.

Nothing you've said here could not be also be said by a Muslim, a Mormon, a druid, a wican, or a believer of any other god. They also have their experiences & their books.

Nothing we've said here could not also be said by us to all of them.

You think their gods are false... their think your god is false... and we can't see any difference between them.

Try again when you can give us something that actually sets yours apart from the others.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

The following 1 user Likes Unsapien's post:
  • isbelldl

[Image: icon_quote.jpg]this guy:
Be honest dingleberry, you prayed to be a Disney princess when you were young, didn't you?

Now you're miffed that it didn't happen to you, the fairytale didn't come true, so you're attempting to rationalize why you only amounted an intellectually stunted candlestick, right?

[Image: icon_quote.jpg]dingleberry:
again as explained on the video, this would not be a prayer... I even used Genie in this part of the video to explain why your specific prayer of becoming a disney princess would not work. (seriously)

Is that a yes?

(02-12-2020, 02:35 PM)Drich Wrote: He still does not understand even after read the majority of your comments that most of you do not disbelieve as much as hate God first then claim disbelief only as a intellectual crutch to be used when ever caught off guard in a theological discussion.

Ahh yes, the ole' you-discuss-god-so-much-you-must-believe-in-him fallacy.

There are pages and long dissertations and discussions about the Shakespearian character of Lady Macbeth. There are entire books devoted to that character but actors, writers, directors, producers, English professors and scholars aren't delusional enough to believe this woman is real.  No, it would take brainwashing to do that, a practice and skill religions have honed for millennia to convince idiots like you that a fictional character from a book  lives in the sky and watches everything you do.  (Thank you George Carlin)  The same could be said of the meriad of discussions about Zeus in The Iliad or Gandalf in Lord of the Rings, or Alice in Alice In Wonderland.

This is a stragedy theists have tried to use to counter atheists who discuss their deity.  It doesn't work, sport. We're onto you and your stupid fictional character.
                                                         T4618

(02-12-2020, 08:11 PM)Astreja Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 04:22 PM)Astreja Wrote: Have seen not one but two total solar eclipses.  Heart

(02-12-2020, 07:07 PM)Chas Wrote: Were you in Tennessee for the 2017 one?

Carbondale, Illinois (followed by a few days museum-hopping in Chicago).  Nashville was my fallback if I couldn't come up with air/train/bus connections to southern Illinois.  Some people I know from the local Astronomical Society went en masse to Wyoming and got some great astrophotography.

Looking forward to April 2024, which I've tentatively set for Montreal (although I may go down to the States again to get a better view).

Yes, I'm looking forward to 2024.  I have family in La Belle Province, but I'm planning on being on Grand Isle in Lake Champlain with a totality of more than 3 minutes.

Here's to 2017:

[Image: Sun%20Spots2017-08-21-133605.JPG]
resim
[Image: Diamond%20Ring2017-08-21-143154.JPG]
[Image: Totality20170821-143427.JPG]

I apologize for injecting reality into this loony tunes thread. Angel
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 3 users Like Chas's post:
  • Astreja, Tres Leches, Deesse23

(02-12-2020, 02:35 PM)Drich Wrote: buckster is so dumb that he believes everyone who calls himself an atheist is in fact an atheist. He still does not understand even after read the majority of your comments that most of you do not disbelieve as much as hate God first then claim disbelief only as a intellectual crutch to be used when ever caught off guard in a theological discussion.

Dripshit thinks he has the power to read minds. 
He seems to be able to tell that those who dismiss the notion of his sky-fairy actually hate the sky-fairy who doesn't exist. 
He is SO fucking stupid he thinks people can hate the same thing they are certain doesn't exist. 
He thinks that makes sense. LOL
Test

I don't hate the man in the moon or god as neither exist.

You, Dripshit, OTOH, are a worthy target for hatred!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

(02-13-2020, 12:42 AM)Chas Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 04:22 PM)Astreja Wrote: Have seen not one but two total solar eclipses.  Heart

Carbondale, Illinois (followed by a few days museum-hopping in Chicago).  Nashville was my fallback if I couldn't come up with air/train/bus connections to southern Illinois.  Some people I know from the local Astronomical Society went en masse to Wyoming and got some great astrophotography.

Looking forward to April 2024, which I've tentatively set for Montreal (although I may go down to the States again to get a better view).

Yes, I'm looking forward to 2024.  I have family in La Belle Province, but I'm planning on being on Grand Isle in Lake Champlain with a totality of more than 3 minutes.

Here's to 2017:

resim

I've never seen a total solar eclipse. The path of totality in 2024 will pass right over my old hometown in upstate NY. I've already told my kid we"ll go see it at Niagara Falls, near my hometown. I wonder how far in advance one needs to reserve a hotel room. I hope it's not cloudy that day!

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom

(02-12-2020, 08:28 PM)Drich Wrote: Astreja is close to (Greek: Ἀστερία) is the Titaness goddess of oracles, prophetic dreams, She was the goddess of fire, cats, of the home and pregnant women.

It's much closer to Astraea, (Ἀστραῖα), the goddess of justice, and even to Ēostre/Ostara, the goddess of the vernal equinox.  FFS, man, do you actually think that I wouldn't know the stories behind my own name?

As for the rest of your reply, how very, um convenient -- You give credit to your imaginary friend for good fortune in your life, but turn into a petulant little shit when I speak of things that I've accomplished without prayer or religious beliefs.
The following 1 user Likes Astreja's post:
  • Deesse23

(02-12-2020, 08:35 PM)Drich Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 06:59 PM)Chas Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 02:35 PM)Drich Wrote: buckster is so dumb that he believes everyone who calls himself an atheist is in fact an atheist. He still does not understand even after read the majority of your comments that most of you do not disbelieve as much as hate God first then claim disbelief only as a intellectual crutch to be used when ever caught off guard in a theological discussion.

We don't hate your god - your god doesn't exist. 

You, on the other hand, exist and while hate isn't the appropriate emotion, pity is.

you mean like I'm sorry for your loss...

(of hair)  Rofl2

Your insults and attempts at humor are about appearance and not substance.  Childish.

Quote:pity you say?!? have you read some of the hate filled things you peers say to me just because i do not think like they do?

You get insulted for being utterly tone deaf in discussion, your clear ignorance, strange beliefs, and being in the wrong place.

Quote:there is no pity here there is no quartered offered and none is given. (hence my scalping joke)  Winking seriously.. there is no need to hate or pity.

I pity your lack of critical thinking that leads you to this pointless effort.  You are wasting your time and ours.

Quote:I like what i do here and I like it even more when I do help one of you.

You have helped no one here in any way that you intend.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 2 users Like Chas's post:
  • Deesse23, SYZ

(02-12-2020, 08:37 PM)Drich Wrote:

#1 Because i can
#2 Because i want to
#3 Because you are a troll
#4 Because i dislike trolls in my forum
#4 Because you are so batshit crazy and your behaviour suggests you need professional help, and firing you from this forum is actually the best we can do for you

You actually have nothing to contribute to this forum at all. If you would tell me the time of the day i would double check, just because you are so fucking batshit crazy. Your posts are so insanely.....i dont even have words for it, literally. I wonder, and somehow admire people like Bucky who still try to engage with you.

Still, being on this forum isnt healthy for both, the forum and your sad self.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 2 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Chas, SYZ

...He still does not understand even after read the majority of your comments that most of you do not disbelieve as much as hate God first then claim disbelief only as a intellectual crutch to be used when ever caught off guard in a theological discussion.

Mate... you're forgetting people like me.  I'm ignostic, therefore I don't "hate" your fictitious god.
And being an ignostic, I also have no need to disbelieve in gods in general.  At any rate, how could
I hate something that literally doesn't exist?  That'd be like me hating unicorns LOL.

Atheists are never caught "off guard" as you claim.  Our only singular. common tenet is that there
is no viable evidence proving the existence of supernatural entities or paranormal phenomena.  
Atheism is simply a state of mind—nothing more, nothing less.  It has no common dogma; it has
no rules or instructions; it proposes no specific moral or ethical stance; it has no commonality of
vision or purpose.  Unlike theists—with their gods and their holy books, and their worship and their
icons, and their preachers and their obeisance, we have nothing to "guard".

—As a little experiment, can I ask you to disprove the existence of leprechauns?  And if you
can't do that simple task, then you'll know why atheists can't disprove the existence of your god.  
Or why they should waste their time trying.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(02-12-2020, 06:29 PM)Drich Wrote: Nowhere in the video nor in the OP or any other post did we ever say this was apart of the prayer process.

So how does God know you are praying?

Ever own a fish tank? is there much that goes on inside a 10 gallon fish tank that you can not observe?

The size of our tank here is relative to the perspective of an infinite God. to us this tank is near unfathomable... to God it is a 20.00 walmart fish tank.
My point was, how do we know how to communicate with god. If god is watching us "fish in a tank" style, why bother with this ritual of meeting every Sunday then clasping your hands together? If it does nothing, then why do it? That was my question.

In the bible, god seems to randomly just "pop" into reality when it seems convenient to speak with somebody, but also seems to have ever done that during some 2000 years ago, and literally no other time ever. I'm sure there are example of people claiming to see/speak with god, but that only direct written down things that are like "true" to christians is what is in the bible. If god can just pop in and say hi, why isn't he/she/it doing it like right now to prove your religion correct and convert us all? There seems to be precedence for it in your bible, so why not do it now?

(02-13-2020, 10:16 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 06:29 PM)Drich Wrote: Nowhere in the video nor in the OP or any other post did we ever say this was apart of the prayer process.

So how does God know you are praying?

Ever own a fish tank? is there much that goes on inside a 10 gallon fish tank that you can not observe?

The size of our tank here is relative to the perspective of an infinite God. to us this tank is near unfathomable... to God it is a 20.00 walmart fish tank.
My point was, how do we know how to communicate with god. If god is watching us "fish in a tank" style, why bother with this ritual of meeting every Sunday then clasping your hands together? If it does nothing, then why do it? That was my question.

In the bible, god seems to randomly just "pop" into reality when it seems convenient to speak with somebody, but also seems to have ever done that during some 2000 years ago, and literally no other time ever. I'm sure there are example of people claiming to see/speak with god, but that only direct written down things that are like "true" to christians is what is in the bible. If god can just pop in and say hi, why isn't he/she/it doing it like right now to prove your religion correct and convert us all? There seems to be precedence for it in your bible, so why not do it now?

I just had a thought about the fish in the tank. Does an observer know what their fin-flips mean? Maybe they are praying for food. Or maybe to get out of the tank and back into the real world. Or maybe it is random. All analogies fail.

So, I'll give one... LOL!

So we are fish in the tank. It gets a little too warm (climate change). Surely the Tank-Master will realize that and turn down the heat a little. So, hey, why worry about it; its beyond our control. And if we don't get enough food sprinkled on the top (expanding deserts), Tank-Master will give us more tomorrow. And if there is a disease in the tank (new epidemics, anti-vax idiots), Tank-Master will dose the tank and make it disappear!

All HAIL the TANK-MASTER from whom all protections come.

But I don't think we have a Tank-Master...
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

(02-12-2020, 10:03 PM)Unsapien Wrote:

Do not make the mistake of thinking that just because atheists can conceive of your (or any) god, and talk about it as if it were a real possibility that it means we believe it really is real or possible.

Nothing you've said here could not be also be said by a Muslim, a Mormon, a druid, a wican, or a believer of any other god. They also have their experiences & their books.

Nothing we've said here could not also be said by us to all of them.

You think their gods are false... their think your god is false... and we can't see any difference between them.

Try again when you can give us something that actually sets yours apart from the others.

here's the litmus test to a misotheist verse just an atheist.

neil degrasse tyson is the perfect example of this. 

He does not believe in God simply because there is no evidence. if there was he would follow it. this to him is agnostisim. Many people claim this to be the same but he say the primary difference is atheist are miliantly against God. which is unique to this term as there are no groups of people who do not ski who sit around talking about not sking, or seek to change policies to where others can not ski. To him this is not atheism. which bring the term miso (hate) theist (god) to mind.

Here's to 2017:

resim

Rofl2 The irony.. wow it must of slid right of the top of you head! ROFL2

Your pictures truly represent your understanding of reality even if they do not actually depict what a real eclipse looks like.

you pictures show heavy filtering.

yes this is how eclipses are photographed and studied. however this is not a true view.

just like your world view is heavily filtered through a sewer of liberal ideas and anti God vitriol. You do not see them, just like you over looked the sun filters in your injection of 'reality.' Because to you these filters are needed to view the world.  just like you use filters to see the sun. you depend on you askewed view so much you do not even know there are there.

Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with looking at the sun through filters.. I am saying it is wrong to pretend they are not there. Then have the "Balds" to accuse someone of not depicting reality. when you youself live a measured and filtered life.

(02-13-2020, 05:05 AM)Astreja Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 08:28 PM)Drich Wrote: Astreja is close to (Greek: Ἀστερία) is the Titaness goddess of oracles, prophetic dreams, She was the goddess of fire, cats, of the home and pregnant women.

It's much closer to Astraea, (Ἀστραῖα), the goddess of justice, and even to Ēostre/Ostara, the goddess of the vernal equinox.  FFS, man, do you actually think that I wouldn't know the stories behind my own name?

As for the rest of your reply, how very, um convenient -- You give credit to your imaginary friend for good fortune in your life, but turn into a petulant little shit when I speak of things that I've accomplished without prayer or religious beliefs.

that's because you earned those things did you not? you studied you went to school you read and became educated. as a result you where qualified for those things.

now put yourself in my position. graduate school and could not read beyond 4th grade. did not understand any of the other formal disciplines either. was told to seek a job digging ditches for the county.

now imagine starting from zero. no help from your parents/in fact have to give over 90 to 100% of pay check every week to pay for sister's needs.

do you think you could have accomplished any of those things if you could not read? Do you think you could have accomplished any of those things if you mother only spoke or understood 1/2 of your limited vocabulary?

This is what I mean by little to no experience to judge being called out from nothing and watch God unfold the world around you, simply because you did things his way on his terms.

Do you know what it is like to have a stanger set you up in business with a check for 25K out of the blue? Because he was 'lead to do this.' do you have any idea what it is like to have God flip a switch in your spouse and end a 10 year heroin addiction? do you have any clue what it is like to have a multinational company wave 200,000.000 in franchise fees and inventory requirements just so they can work with you? ever invent a patentable item, ever invent two? ever sell one and put the other into production and bring it to market successfully? even split you business because you see too many opportunities to not take advantage of them?

All from a vacuum?

I did not earn this stuff. my preparatory education did not afford me these opportunities. All I did was follow God where he lead and honored him with everything he blessed me with and handed it back when ever he asked. Just to have him hand me more.

So again how can you judge prayer when you yourself point out you earned each and every accomplishment?

(02-13-2020, 03:53 PM)Drich Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 08:11 PM)Astreja Wrote: Carbondale, Illinois (followed by a few days museum-hopping in Chicago).  Nashville was my fallback if I couldn't come up with air/train/bus connections to southern Illinois.  Some people I know from the local Astronomical Society went en masse to Wyoming and got some great astrophotography.

Here's to 2017:

resim

Rofl2 The irony.. wow it must of slid right of the top of you head! ROFL2

Your pictures truly represent your understanding of reality even if they do not actually depict what a real eclipse looks like.

you pictures show heavy filtering.

yes this is how eclipses are photographed and studied. however this is not a true view.

just like your world view is heavily filtered through a sewer of liberal ideas and anti God vitriol. You do not see them, just like you over looked the sun filters in your injection of 'reality.' Because to you these filters are needed to view the world.  just like you use filters to see the sun. you depend on you askewed view so much you do not even know there are there.

Don't get me wrong nothing wrong with looking at the sun through filters.. I am saying it is wrong to pretend they are not there. Then have the "Balds" to accuse someone of not depicting reality. when you youself live a measured and filtered life.

What the fuck are you blathering on about.  You are either 12 years old or one of the stupidest adults walking the planet.  Take your god glasses off for chrissake.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • SYZ

(02-13-2020, 04:19 PM)Drich Wrote: So again how can you judge prayer when you yourself point out you earned each and every accomplishment?

Easy, Drich:  I judge it to be of no value to me.

(02-13-2020, 10:16 AM)OakTree500 Wrote: My point was, how do we know how to communicate with god. If god is watching us "fish in a tank" style, why bother with this ritual of meeting every Sunday then clasping your hands together?
where does the bible say we do that?
1st thing to learn is there is a huge gap between what a given religion teaches and what the bible/god expects

Quote:If it does nothing, then why do it? That was my question.
answered in the video.
the purpose of prayer is to ask God to change you in such a way as to be a host for the holy Spirit. (so God can work with you one on one without the need of a formal wishing ceremony.)

Quote:In the bible, god seems to randomly just "pop" into reality when it seems convenient to speak with somebody, but also seems to have ever done that during some 2000 years ago, and literally no other time ever.
how would you know? If you claim there is no God, but one existed how would you know to whom you are speaking? (know any answer you give is wrong, because your own belief supersedes your own notion of God.) Meaning if you believe there is no God, that means you can not say God can only speak to people in a way you would expect. So then if there is a God how in your mind could you possible be able to recognise him if he did not set out to blow your mind????

For me God literally sent a flesh and blood person who apeared out of nowhere, and while I gave him a ride in my car said his peace, was asked to be let out and dude disappeared in the amount of time it took me to do a uturn. 

Then after I was married my wife was going through what i later found out a 10 year heroine addiction. I would cry out and ask for help and in my a/S/K I found a christian radio archive who would play a daily list of preachers, and every day would be different. I would ask questions and everyday would get answers. this went on for years. and i followed every step every primise every thing i heard/told to do. then one night when I had enough and was like I wanted a divorce, the cops came at 3 am when we were all asleep to serve a warrant. they took my wife away.

when she came out later that evening the county got her on methadone for 3 weeks. (which we had done dozens of times before) but she kept saying this is different, something in side changed. like someone flipped a switch. 

And again in 2007 or 8 when I started answering question from you guys because all of mine had been answered. I was asked things I had no clue about but by now God simply gave me the answers directly.

from the problem of evil, to how to reconcile all of evolution with a literal 7 day creation, to the fact you could not have any idea what to even listen for when saying God has stopped speaking. 

Quote:I'm sure there are example of people claiming to see/speak with god, but that only direct written down things that are like "true" to christians is what is in the bible. If god can just pop in and say hi, why isn't he/she/it doing it like right now to prove your religion correct and convert us all? There seems to be precedence for it in your bible, so why not do it now?
 because the purpose of this world is to sift or weed out his flock from satans. once you become apart of his flock God does interact via the holy spirit. which again is the purpose of prayer. to ready you. to clean out your ears so you can hear what he has been saying all along