Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gamers!

Gamers!
Whatcha playin', and why?

I play Ages of Empires II because I don't have to learn a new game.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Phaedrus, Aroura, KittyAnn, Gwaithmir

Gamers!
Help us out with the jargon if you can, I have no idea what an MMO is.  Sadcryface

Gamers!
(10-04-2018, 12:02 AM)Gawdzilla Sama link Wrote: Help us out with the jargon if you can, I have no idea what an MMO is.  Sadcryface

MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online = A game that supports a shit ton of players. Like World of Warcraft.

Gamers!
(10-04-2018, 12:24 AM)JDog554 Wrote:
Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:Help us out with the jargon if you can, I have no idea what an MMO is. Sadcryface

MMO = Massively Multiplayer Online = A game that supports a shit ton of players. Like World of Warcraft.
Is that the one South Park spoofed?

Gamers!
Destiny 2, because I wallow in self-loathing.

Gamers!
Starcraft 2. Mostly co-op; I like the variety in strategy depending on commander.
"The advantage of faith over reason, is that reason requires understanding. Which usually requires education; resources of time and money. 
Religion needs none of that. - It empowers the lowliest idiot to pretend that he is wiser than the wise, ignoring all the indications otherwise "
 - A. Ra

Gamers!
wow, overwatch, league of legends.

I just spent two hours trying to find Lightning Paw on WoW Sad
The following 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post:
  • Aroura

Gamers!
As of right now? A whole new run through the PC version Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, which is sorta like the mad crossing of Dark Souls, The Elders Scrolls III: Morrowind, and Monster Hunter, all being fucked by a Boris Vallejo painting.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
The following 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post:
  • Aroura, TheGentlemanBastard

Gamers!
Mostly Doom (2016), now.
The following 2 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Emma, KittyAnn

Gamers!
Last one I played was Elite Dangerous. It was turning into a real time leach and I was spending too man hours working away at something that was a complete waste of time. At least with first person shooters I was honing my reflexes.

I do miss the religion I accidentally created though. We worshipped the Void.
The following 2 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Aroura, Emma

Gamers!
(10-04-2018, 12:34 PM)RobbyPants link Wrote: Mostly Doom (2016), now.

Good fucking choice my man. I'm pumped for Doom Eternal.

Gears of War 4 multiplayer until a few days ago, have something of a love/hate relationship with it. The Xbox doesn't seem to recognize when I put the disc in anymore, though. Assassin's Creed 2 as of right now (at least that's what I last played, probably won't have time to pick up the control again until after midterms).
[Image: giphy.gif]

Gamers!
Right now, Pillars of Eternity Deadfire.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Gamers!
Overwatch, 7 Days to Die, SWTOR, and Idle Champions or whatever the D&D one is that I basically leave running all the time (it's a fun little clicker that I don't have to pay much attention to, but is useful for something to click on).

Gamers!
I should probably get back to playing a first person shooter again. It's been a few years since I've done that and it might help me medically. I just need to make sure I can find a working 5 button mouse again. I used to play borderlands, left 4 dead 2 and counter-strike (although never really got into global offensive)
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • Aroura

Gamers!
I'd say you should come play Overwatch with us, but I'm sure that it will probably hurt medically more than help. At least in regards to blood pressure. Your hand-eye coordination will improve, though! It's a give-and-take relationship (mostly take)

Gamers!
I’m not a huge fan of shooter games. I’ve been enjoying my Switch. Stardew Valley, Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey. All SUPER fun and life consuming games. :thumbs_up:
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”

Gamers!
(10-04-2018, 11:26 PM)Smercury44 link Wrote: I’m not a huge fan of shooter games. I’ve been enjoying my Switch. Stardew Valley, Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey. All SUPER fun and life consuming games. :thumbs_up:

Same!

Gamers!
The only thing I’ve got left to do in BOTW is defeat Ganon. I’ve finished all other main quests, side quests, and temples. I’ll get around to it eventually I suppose!
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”

Gamers!
(10-04-2018, 11:27 PM)JDog554 Wrote:
Smercury44 Wrote:I’m not a huge fan of shooter games. I’ve been enjoying my Switch. Stardew Valley, Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey. All SUPER fun and life consuming games. :thumbs_up:

Same!

Hold the phone, have you played Stardew Valley? Or you just like the switch games better?

Gamers!
I have Stardew Valley on PC- thanks to Jdog Smile - although I'd played it before on my wife's Steam account. It's a cute little game, I like it! I played BoTW through on the Wii-U, and it is a really freaking good game. Big Grin I love it!

Gamers!
(10-05-2018, 03:56 PM)Emma link Wrote: I have Stardew Valley on PC- thanks to Jdog Smile - although I'd played it before on my wife's Steam account. It's a cute little game, I like it! I played BoTW through on the Wii-U, and it is a really freaking good game. Big Grin I love it!

That’s awesome! I grew up on Harvest Moon for the N64 so Stardew Valley was naturally just perfect for me. It’s a really well built little world. The fishing nearly did me in at the start though. I’ve got a couple of files several years in, but haven’t tried any of the themed farms yet.

Gamers!
(10-04-2018, 01:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:
RobbyPants Wrote:Mostly Doom (2016), now.

Is that something new coming out? Always loved the Doom series. How many of you guys are fossils like me and remember playing the original when it came out?
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • JesseB, TheGentlemanBastard

Gamers!
(10-06-2018, 03:33 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
Tartarus Sauce Wrote:
RobbyPants Wrote:Mostly Doom (2016), now.

Is that something new coming out? Always loved the Doom series. How many of you guys are fossils like me and remember playing the original when it came out?

Gamers!
Quote:Doom Eternal Release Date
No release date has been set for Doom Eternal. The game is expected to arrive for XBO, PS4, and PC.

Yeah, I played Dooms when I was at Purdue. Great homework avoidance system.

Gamers!
(10-04-2018, 12:02 AM)Gawdzilla Sama link Wrote: Whatcha playin', and why?

I play Ages of Empires II because I don't have to learn a new game.

Yeah, I like the oldies too. I'm playing Caeser 3 and Imperialsim.

I wish I still had Age of Empires 2, It's probably available on GOG.com if I went looking for it though.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard