Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious debate must be another casualty of Covid

Religious debate must be another casualty of Covid
Not that I really miss it, because it's usually futile. But it seems like all the theological discussion and even the drive-by posting by theist trolls has almost completely dried up now that we're all preoccupied with surviving Trump and the pandemic. Post volume in this sub-forum is WAY down.

I kind of miss those quaint times a few months ago when most of the action was in Atheism & Theism and not politics and world events. Granted, the epic mythicist vs historicist debate had organically wore itself out, and that accounted for a lot of posting traffic for a long time.

It is also of note, though, in my view, that none of the unbelievers here are wringing their hands and worrying about their eternal souls, despite considerable concern about their temporal bodies. I wonder if visiting theists, not seeing the angst and thirst for salvation they expect world events would produce in us, think discretion the better part of valor and have decided it's too discouraging to try to get a rise out of us.

Or maybe it is the same for them as for us -- they are just too busy worrying about survival to think about obtuse existential matters. And yet ... given how many of them are conspiracy theorists who think the pandemic is a deep state plot to deny them church fellowship ... you'd think there'd be the obligatory weekly nutjob on at least a MONTHLY basis. I mean, it's not sporting anymore. No chew toys!
The following 6 users Like mordant's post:
  • Aroura, Inkubus, brunumb, RobbyPants, Dom, Paleophyte

Messages In This Thread
Religious debate must be another casualty of Covid - by mordant - 07-16-2020, 12:09 AM