Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creatards Take Another Blow

Science pushes back the origins of bilaterian life to 500 million years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-52019468

Quote:A worm-like creature that burrowed on the seafloor more than 500 million years ago may be key to the evolution of much of the animal kingdom.

The organism, about the size of a grain of rice, is described as the earliest example yet found in the fossil record of a bilaterian

Long before jehovah, allah and Zeus, et al were invented.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 6 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • brewerb, Alan V, SYZ, Chimp3, Gwaithmir, Phaedrus

God doesn't protect church goers here. The churches are all begging online now.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

They may have had their own gods.

[Image: Sand_Worm.jpeg]
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Fireball, brunumb

It can't be true.
How did a worm fly from Australia to Africa ? On Quantas ?
First they tell us we have common ancestors with apes, now this ... a worm.
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Fireball, Chimp3

Will this blow have any effect on intended recipient? It will not shake faith of fools or enlighten those ignorant* enough to buy into fairy tales.

*Or perhaps arrogant as creationist fairy tale gives man a special place in Universe as the crown of creation, not merely another evolved species.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.

(03-24-2020, 03:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: It can't be true.

Hmmm......

[Image: Idiot-Donald-Trump-American-Slander.jpg]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Fireball, Bucky Ball

(03-24-2020, 03:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: It can't be true.

Uh...    That'd be QANTAS.     Tongue

(Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services)
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Bucky Ball

Of course, we already know what most creatards' reaction will be to this news. They will chuckle, shake their heads and mutter, "We already know how life got here. It's all in the Bible."  They're not called creatards for nothing. Dodgy
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • adey67

(03-25-2020, 11:43 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: Of course, we already know what most creatards' reaction will be to this news. They will chuckle, shake their heads and mutter, "We already know how life got here. It's all in the Bible."  They're not called creatards for nothing. Dodgy

Hardcore is hardcore. My paternal grandmother didn't get electricity in her house until 1963.

(03-25-2020, 11:45 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 11:43 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: Of course, we already know what most creatards' reaction will be to this news. They will chuckle, shake their heads and mutter, "We already know how life got here. It's all in the Bible."  They're not called creatards for nothing. Dodgy

Hardcore is hardcore. My paternal grandmother didn't get electricity in her house until 1963.

Now that is hardcore!  Blinksmiley
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

(03-25-2020, 11:51 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

She was so far back in the sticks that the electric company wouldn't put in poles. I helped debranch trees as substitutes. We were there when the electricity went on and she realized she didn't need ice delivered any more. (We pooled for the appliances, all "new to her" stuff. She kept her wood burning stove until she died. Her cabin was three rooms, and the stove was heat enough for all of them in the Missouri winters.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Gwaithmir

(03-25-2020, 12:18 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 11:51 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 11:45 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Hardcore is hardcore. My paternal grandmother didn't get electricity in her house until 1963.

She was so far back in the sticks that the electric company wouldn't put in poles. I helped debranch trees as substitutes. We were there when the electricity went on and she realized she didn't need ice delivered any more. (We pooled for the appliances, all "new to her" stuff. She kept her wood burning stove until she died. Her cabin was three rooms, and the stove was heat enough for all of them in the Missouri winters.

I can understand why she kept the woodstove. There is a particular charm about woodstoves and the sight of the smoke curling out of the chimney on a crisp morning or cold winter's day. Wood heat costs about half the expense of heating a house with an oil furnace or gas burners. I heated my house with firewood for 39 years.  Smile
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • adey67

She died of cancer six months later. I was 12 then so I didn't pick up on the vibes. She had abandoned the Y-donor when he was eleven (1938) and they hadn't seen each other since then. Twenty-five years of not knowing if his mother was alive or not. Must have been fun. She tracked us down through Mom's family.

My great granny's house (actually it's my mom and dad's house now) had gas outlets in the walls. I'm not sure when that 'era' was, but there is still one (not hooked up obviously) in the dining room near the main light switch.  Tongue
Test

(03-25-2020, 09:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: My great granny's house (actually it's my mom and dad's house now) had gas outlets in the walls. I'm not sure when that 'era' was, but there is still one (not hooked up obviously) in the dining room near the main light switch.  Tongue

LOL... so did my maternal grandmother's house. All rooms piped with 10mm (3/8 inch) lead (!) pipe for the lighting fixtures.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

A Bilaterian. ... Is that similar to a unitarian, two unitarians conjoined perhaps?  Big Grin Tongue Angel
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • brunumb

Ikaria wariootia says, "Who's your daddy!".

[Image: fossil-ikaria-wariootia-bilateral-organi...tive#img-1]
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Fireball

(03-25-2020, 09:37 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:

My great granny's house (actually it's my mom and dad's house now) had gas outlets in the walls. I'm not sure when that 'era' was, but there is still one (not hooked up obviously) in the dining room near the main light switch.  Tongue

1880s to the 1940s most likely.