Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Nova Scotia, Canada.

I'm very excited to find this site. I occasionally find myself in discussion with friends who describe themselves as being rabid theist's. Although I respect their right to their beliefs, we enjoy engaging in friendly debates on the subject of faith and all that it implies. More often than not, I have well thought out points and arguments that support my atheist views. Unfortunately these points come to me hours or days after our debates. I hope to engage in lively discussions with members of this forum and as a result find myself able to assemble pertinent thoughts and arguments that support my views.
It my firm belief that people who are committed to critical thinking are amongst some of the most interesting thoughtful people I have ever met. After spending an evening reading many post here, I'm confident that there many here who fit that description.
I am writing to you from Halifax, Nova Scotia which is one of Canada's prettiest and most vibrant cities.I have an interest in world history with an emphasis on the history of the Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman empires. I enjoy sailing and sailboat racing andp retty much like to be on or around the ocean. ( I have yet to see anyone walking on the water)
My sincere greetings and best wishes to all.
The following 9 users Like Checkmate's post:
  • brewerb, Alan V, Fireball, airportkid, Minimalist, pattylt, Astreja, skyking, epronovost

Welcome to the forum. 

What are your thoughts in poutine? Chuckle
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Checkmate, pattylt

Thank you for your kind greeting,. I.m trying to get the maple leaf on our national flag replaced with a bowl of poutine. I'll keep you posted.
The following 2 users Like Checkmate's post:
  • brewerb, pattylt

(03-22-2024, 11:59 AM)Checkmate Wrote: Thank you for your kind greeting,. I.m trying to get the maple leaf on our national flag replaced with a bowl of poutine. I'll keep you posted.
The following 1 user Likes Checkmate's post:
  • brewerb

(03-22-2024, 11:59 AM)Checkmate Wrote: Thank you for your kind greeting,. I.m trying to get the maple leaf on our national flag replaced with a bowl of poutine. I'll keep you posted.

If successful see if they can also make it scratch and sniff.

Welcome!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Welcome.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Hiyas from Tejas.
On hiatus.

Welcome to the forum!

Quote:I have an interest in world history with an emphasis on the history of the Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman empires. 

That sounds promising! Welcome aboard.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Thank you Canada, for RUSH, and The Kids in The Hall!

I am forever grateful.
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • c172, Thumpalumpacus

(03-22-2024, 11:48 AM)Checkmate Wrote: I'm very excited to find this site. I occasionally find myself in discussion with friends who describe themselves as being rabid theist's. Although I respect their right to their beliefs, we enjoy engaging in friendly debates on the subject of faith and all that it implies. More often than not, I have well thought out points and arguments that support my atheist views. Unfortunately these points come to me hours or days after our debates. I hope to engage in lively discussions with members of this forum and as a result find myself able to assemble pertinent thoughts and arguments that support my views.
It my firm belief that people who are committed to critical thinking are amongst some of the most interesting thoughtful people I have ever met. After spending an evening reading many post here, I'm confident that there many here who fit that description.
I am writing to you from Halifax, Nova Scotia which is one of Canada's prettiest and most vibrant cities.I have an interest in world history with an emphasis on the history of the Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman empires. I enjoy sailing and sailboat racing andp retty much like to be on or around the ocean. ( I have yet to see anyone walking on the water)
My sincere greetings and best wishes to all.

Greetings!

Do you have a sailboat? What make/model?

What do you race?

Welcome aboard! I’m so glad you found us so, a big Colorado howdy!

Welcome, and I love your handle.  Should I assume you play chess?  You mentioned "I have an interest in world history with an emphasis on the history of the Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman empires."  That should be interesting. Big Grin
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • pattylt

(03-22-2024, 04:58 PM)SteveII Wrote: Greetings!

Do you have a sailboat? What make/model?

What do you race?

Pigs flew, sheep sang cantatas and the pope appeared on Saturday Night Live.

And Steve posted something other than religious ravings.
The following 5 users Like Inkubus's post:
  • Fireball, Minimalist, pattylt, TheGentlemanBastard, Thumpalumpacus

(03-22-2024, 11:59 AM)Checkmate Wrote: Thank you for your kind greeting,. I'm trying to get the maple leaf on our national flag replaced with a bowl of poutine. I'll keep you posted.

Aah, the flag's fine.  Maybe we can take out the "God keep our land..." line in "O Canada" and sing about poutine instead.  (Or donair, or Caesars, or maybe Nanaimo bars.)

Welcome et bienvenue!
The following 2 users Like Astreja's post:
  • pattylt, brewerb

Not a hockey puck?
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • pattylt, brewerb

(03-22-2024, 11:20 PM)Minimalist Wrote:

Not a hockey puck?

Can you imagine the flood of Rickles jokes if they did?
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Minimalist

Greetings fellow Earthling.
test signature

Hello.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

hello

A friend came over for a visit last Thursday. I made poutine for lunch.  Big Grin

Welcome to the forums. I look forward to reading your posts.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

welcome aboard!