Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Creator

The Creator
Let me show you something odd in the Scripture. I found this many years ago and at the time I wondered what this means.

When God chose Moses as the deliverer to lead Israel out of the land of Egypt, Moses was afraid of the people. He thought his fellow Hebrews would kill him when he told them God called him to lead them out. So he asked God, "who do I tell them has sent me?"

Exodus 3:14
"And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you."

God refers to Himself as "I am."

When Jesus was having one of His many arguments with the Pharisees (religious leaders of Israel), the subject of Abraham came into the conversation. Jesus told them, your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day and he saw it, and was gland in it. They told Jesus, you are not yet 50 years old and you have seen Abraham?

John 8:58
"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

In the book of Exodus, God refers to Himself as "I am" and in the book of John Jesus refers to Himself as "I am."

Doesn't that seem odd? Actually it's not odd at all when you read on in Scripture and find out who Jesus Christ really is.

In the book of Hebrews, the apostle Paul tells us who Jesus Christ is. 

Hebrews 1:1-2
"God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;"

Paul tells us that God the Father made the world by Jesus Christ. In other words, Jesus Christ is the One who created the world.

In the Gospel of John, the apostle tells us who Jesus Christ is.

John 1:1-5
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."

John 1:14
"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Here the apostle John tells us that Jesus Christ is the Creator of all things, and that He is God. John calls Christ "The Word" which is the Eternal Logos, the existing One without beginning or end.

Jesus Christ is the "Word" that spoke the universe into existence.

The Creator
Word magic.

I assume you will be banned for preaching.
The following 3 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Astreja, Deesse23, Chas

The Creator
(03-06-2024, 09:50 PM)Alan V Wrote: Word magic.

I assume you will be banned for preaching.

Well, if that's the case, Alan, I'll say goodbye to you now.

It's not preaching, it's the explanation of a subject that came up in discussion.

If it's seen otherwise, then I apologize now and will accept the banning.

No hard feelings.

The Creator
Quote:Let me show you something odd in the Scripture.

Everything is odd in your fucking scriptures.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • rocinantexyz, Chas

The Creator
(03-06-2024, 10:13 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Everything is odd in your fucking scriptures.
When I was in the military they would only let us read military manuals, and the Bible, so I read it.
The weirdest story I found (2 Kings 13:21) was about a corpse that was put into the tomb of Elisha, coming back to life when it touched the bones of Elisha. I've never heard a believer speak about this resurrection story.
The following 2 users Like rocinantexyz's post:
  • pattylt, AutisticWill

The Creator
(03-06-2024, 11:06 PM)rocinantexyz Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 10:13 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Everything is odd in your fucking scriptures.
When I was in the military they would only let us read military manuals, and the Bible, so I read it.
The weirdest story I found (2 Kings 13:21) was about a corpse that was put into the tomb of Elisha, coming back to life when it touched the bones of Elisha. I've never heard a believer speak about this resurrection story.

Of course not.  It wasn’t Jesus so they can ignore it…or explain it away as a reanimating but not a resurrection.  They like the Lazarus story better because they can give the cred to Jesus.
The following 1 user Likes pattylt's post:
  • AutisticWill

The Creator
(03-06-2024, 11:06 PM)rocinantexyz Wrote:

The great prophet Elijah was told by God to find this young man Elisha and throw his cloak around him for he was chosen of God. When Elijah found him plowing in the field he did as God told him.

Just before God took Elijah to heaven, Elisha asked of Elijah for a double portion of all that he had done. God granted Elisha this wish. He performed exactly twice the amount of miracles as did Elijah.

When Elisha died and was buried, he was one miracle short of the double portion God had appointed him.

Later when the Moabites were burying a man near the sepulcher of Elisha, they seen the spies of the enemy and knew an invasion was coming, so they threw the mans body in the sepulcher of Elisha.

When the dead man touched the bones of Elisha, the revived and stood on his feet. 

This was the fulfillment of God's promise to Elisha in the double portion, even though Elisha was now dead.

The Creator
OMFG, Charlie just can't help himself, this may be evidence of a mental disturbance.

Let's show him some empathy and concern and wave bye bye.

Wave
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 4 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Alan V, 1Sam15, pattylt, Chas

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 12:03 AM)brewerb Wrote: OMFG, Charlie just can't help himself, this may be evidence of a mental disturbance.

Wave

I may be insane, or I may be showing the truth of how serious God is in keeping His promise to those who love Him.
The following 1 user Likes Charlie24's post:
  • Minimalist

The Creator
I'm beginning to suspect that Charlie just has too much of an emotional investment in Christianity to evaluate it critically. It's obvious to *us* that the Bible is a hodgepodge of stupid fiction and iffy history, but he has a vested interest in not seeing what we can see so clearly.
The following 7 users Like Astreja's post:
  • Alan V, 1Sam15, AutisticWill, pattylt, Chas, Gwaithmir, TheGentlemanBastard

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 12:09 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 12:03 AM)brewerb Wrote: OMFG, Charlie just can't help himself, this may be evidence of a mental disturbance.

Wave

I may be insane, or I may be showing the truth of how serious God is in keeping His promise to those who love Him.

You should probably stop reinforcing the point I just made.

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 12:24 AM)brewerb Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 12:09 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: I may be insane, or I may be showing the truth of how serious God is in keeping His promise to those who love Him.

You should probably stop reinforcing the point I just made.

Just pointing out the possibilities for you to ponder.

The Creator
What is supposed to be odd in the Christian scriptures there? Nothing strikes me as particularly odd.

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 12:33 AM)epronovost Wrote: What is supposed to be odd in the Christian scriptures there? Nothing strikes me as particularly odd.

The fact that the Scripture records the God of the Old Testament referring to Himself as "I am" and Christ in the New Testament referring to Himself as "I am."

For most readers of the Scripture this is odd, confusing, because they associate the God of the Old Testament as the Almighty Father, they have no idea that it is Jesus Christ. 

What I have shown in the OP is that the God of the Old Testament is Jesus Christ. But here's the baffle that no one can explain, they are One God but 2 individuals.

The Creator

Wave

I really hope god calls to paradise reel soon Chuck  Smile

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 12:43 AM)1Sam15 Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 12:09 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: I may be insane, or I may be showing the truth of how serious God is in keeping His promise to those who love Him.

I really hope god calls to paradise reel soon Chuck  Smile

Well I appreciate that, Sam. I see it as Paul seen it, "for me to depart is much better."

So I'll take that as friendly words.

By the way, there is no longer a place called Paradise. 

That was only for the believing Old Testament saints who could not yet enter Heaven because Christ had not yet paid the sin debt of man.

As soon as He did die on the Cross and rose from the dead, these Old Testament saints were taken to Heaven where we all go now at the point of death.

The old Paradise you were speaking of is now a part of Hell, as the Scripture tells us that Hell enlarges itself. It enlarges in several other ways, but that's a story for another time.

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 12:40 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: ... But here's the baffle that no one can explain, they are One God but 2 individuals ...

The Holy Ghost could explain it but won't because it's tired of being a triumvirate member everyone thinks has 2 members.
The following 1 user Likes airportkid's post:
  • pattylt

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 12:50 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 12:43 AM)1Sam15 Wrote: I really hope god calls to paradise reel soon Chuck  Smile

Well I appreciate that, Sam. I see it as Paul seen it, "for me to depart is much better."

That was only for the believing Old Testament saints who could not yet enter Heaven because Christ had not yet paid the sin debt of man.

As soon as He did die on the Cross and rose from the dead, these Old Testament saints were taken to Heaven where we all go now at the point of death.

The old Paradise you were speaking of is now a part of Hell, as the Scripture tells us that Hell enlarges itself. It enlarges in several other ways, but that's a story for another time.

Well now that you have educated me I still hope yahweh calls you to paradise, real soon.
The following 1 user Likes 1Sam15's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 12:26 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 12:24 AM)brewerb Wrote: You should probably stop reinforcing the point I just made.

Just pointing out the possibilities for you to ponder.

For you and your time here I've done all of the pondering I need to except for extent of your delusion.

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 12:55 AM)1Sam15 Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 12:50 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: Well I appreciate that, Sam. I see it as Paul seen it, "for me to depart is much better."

Well now that you have educated me I still hope yahweh calls you to paradise, real soon.

In my due time according to His will. But thanks, I'm very much looking foreard to it.

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 12:57 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 12:55 AM)1Sam15 Wrote: Well now that you have educated me I still hope yahweh calls you to paradise, real soon.

In my due time according to His will. But thanks, I'm very much looking foreard to it.

What do YOU think your heaven will be like Chuck?

Please no fucken bible verses

The Creator

Wave

My money is on insane.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 12:57 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(03-07-2024, 12:55 AM)1Sam15 Wrote: Well now that you have educated me I still hope yahweh calls you to paradise, real soon.

Wait a minute, Sam, you didn't just wish the flames of Hell on ol' Charlie did you?

That's not nice, I don't wish that for you.

The Creator
"Atheist discussion" has become a fan fiction site.
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • isbelldl, TheGentlemanBastard

The Creator
(03-07-2024, 01:00 AM)Alan V Wrote: "Atheist discussion" has become a fan fiction site.

I thought it was Atheism/Theism discussion.