Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible Baptist Tabernacle Church/ Controversy

Save it for begging god for forgiveness for all of your own doubts.

(03-06-2024, 01:42 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: When I compare science with the Scripture, I can see a "Big Bang Theory" taking place. It is compatible with Scripture.

There is the possibility of an instantaneous expansion that brought this universe into existence.

But where did this energy and ingredients come from?

According to my understanding of the current theories, the Big Bang was an expansion of something or other that was already there.  In other words, no new substance was actually created by the Big Bang.

But let's consider one alternative, divine creation ex nihilo.  Right away there's a big problem:  If energy didn't already exist, how could a god do anything at all?  And because of the equivalence of matter and energy, there wasn't actually nothingness.  At most, a god could rearrange the energy/matter substance that was already there; in true nothingness, it would be eternally powerless.

(duplicate - please delete)

(03-06-2024, 01:57 AM)Astreja Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 01:42 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: When I compare science with the Scripture, I can see a "Big Bang Theory" taking place. It is compatible with Scripture.

There is the possibility of an instantaneous expansion that brought this universe into existence.

But where did this energy and ingredients come from?

According to my understanding of the current theories, the Big Bang was an expansion of something or other that was already there.  In other words, no new substance was actually created by the Big Bang.

But let's consider one alternative, divine creation ex nihilo.  Right away there's a big problem:  If energy didn't already exist, how could a god do anything at all?  And because of the equivalence of matter and energy, there wasn't actually nothingness.  At most, a god could rearrange the energy/matter substance that was already there; in true nothingness, it would be eternally powerless.

Psalms 33:6-9

"By the word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
Let all the earth fear the Lord: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast."

This is impossible for an unbeliever to accept. Not only did He create everything out of nothing, He spoke the words and it happened.

(03-06-2024, 02:08 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: This is impossible for an unbeliever to accept. Not only did He create everything out of nothing, He spoke the words and it happened.

Of course I wouldn't accept it, Charlie!  To me the Bible is fiction, and so is your god.  They've been fiction to me for over sixty years now.  That's unlikely to change, because there simply hasn't been any new information capable of convincing me otherwise.

And every time you quote a Bible verse at us, it comes across as sheer desperation on your part.  It's as if you're completely baffled - the Bible convinced you, but it's powerless to convince us, and you just don't understand why it isn't working.

Stop deluding yourself - you simply don't have what it takes to bring us to Jesus.
The following 5 users Like Astreja's post:
  • Chas, 1Sam15, Alan V, isbelldl, pattylt

(03-06-2024, 02:26 AM)Astreja Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 02:08 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: This is impossible for an unbeliever to accept. Not only did He create everything out of nothing, He spoke the words and it happened.

Of course I wouldn't accept it, Charlie!  To me the Bible is fiction, and so is your god.  They've been fiction to me for over sixty years now.  That's unlikely to change, because there simply hasn't been any new information capable of convincing me otherwise.

And every time you quote a Bible verse at us, it comes across as sheer desperation on your part.  It's as if you're completely baffled - the Bible convinced you, but it's powerless to convince us, and you just don't understand why it isn't working.

Stop deluding yourself - you simply don't have what it takes to bring us to Jesus.

You're exactly right, I have no power at all to bring you to Christ, and I didn't choose the way for man to come to Christ.

He chose faith for a reason as the path to Him.

(03-06-2024, 02:35 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: You're exactly right, I have no power at all to bring you to Christ, and I didn't choose the way for man to come to Christ.

And I am entirely without religious faith.  Apparently I was born that way - my brain automatically rejects anything that claims to be true but cannot be backed up with real-world evidence.  To me, faith-based religion is inauthentic and of no value, because I see no benefit in lying to myself about what I believe and don't believe.
The following 5 users Like Astreja's post:
  • Chas, 1Sam15, Alan V, isbelldl, pattylt

(03-06-2024, 02:43 AM)Astreja Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 02:35 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: You're exactly right, I have no power at all to bring you to Christ, and I didn't choose the way for man to come to Christ.

And I am entirely without religious faith.  Apparently I was born that way - my brain automatically rejects anything that claims to be true but cannot be backed up with real-world evidence.  To me, faith-based religion is inauthentic and of no value, because I see no benefit in lying to myself about what I believe and don't believe.

Then that is the choice you have made, and God will honor that choice.

I wouldn't be honest if I didn't shoot straight with you according to the Scripture.

Matt. 10:32-33

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

(03-06-2024, 02:54 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: Then that is the choice you have made, and God will honor that choice.

It. Isn't. A. Fucking. Choice!
The following 3 users Like Astreja's post:
  • Chas, isbelldl, pattylt

Quote:Matt. 10:32-33

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

That assumes that there actually is a "Father" AND a heaven.  And honestly you have to be a first class lunatic to accept that as fact without any evidence at all.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Astreja, pattylt, Gwaithmir

(03-06-2024, 03:03 AM)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Matt. 10:32-33

That assumes that there actually is a "Father" AND a heaven.  And honestly you have to be a first class lunatic to accept that as fact without any evidence at all.

I guess you missed all the posts where spoke of the spiritual evidence He gives through His Word.

I won't argue, if you choose to believe there is no God because you have no evidence, then there is no God for you.

Boring. That's the real sin Charlie. God gave you such a wonderful opportunity in this life and just look at how you're wasting it.

(03-06-2024, 03:10 AM)Rhythmcs Wrote: Boring.  That's the real sin Charlie.  God gave you such a wonderful opportunity in this life and just look at how you're wasting it.

I'm thinking my chances are pretty good that I'm enjoying this life as much or more than any of you!

Not what god put you here for, but go ahead and go off you godless hedonist.

(03-06-2024, 03:15 AM)Rhythmcs Wrote: Not what god put you here for, but go ahead and go off you godless hedonist.

John 10:10

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."

The thief is Satan, in case you're wondering.

(03-06-2024, 03:12 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: I'm thinking my chances are pretty good that I'm enjoying this life as much or more than any of you!

Interesting.  On what basis do you claim to know how much we're enjoying our lives, given that you'd be unlikely to associate with any of us IRL or even recognize us if you passed us on the street?

(03-06-2024, 03:22 AM)Astreja Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 03:12 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: I'm thinking my chances are pretty good that I'm enjoying this life as much or more than any of you!

Interesting.  On what basis do you claim to know how much we're enjoying our lives, given that you'd be unlikely to associate with any of us IRL or even recognize us if you passed us on the street?

Oh, you don't know Charlie.

I can't participate in some of the things you guys may do, but I'm very social and would definitely find the time to associate.

You guys are not in person who you are here.

I would dare say that if I met most you we would get along just fine.

I have lots of unsaved friends I communicate with on a daily basis.

I just don't participate in some things that God would frown over.

(03-06-2024, 03:56 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: I would dare say that if I met most you we would get along just fine.

In my case, probably not.  I have a zero-tolerance policy for people preaching to me in person.  Regardless of what other interests we shared, one attempt to convert me would end the relationship permanently.
The following 3 users Like Astreja's post:
  • Alan V, Rhythmcs, Chas

(03-06-2024, 03:58 AM)Astreja Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 03:56 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: I would dare say that if I met most you we would get along just fine.

In my case, probably not.  I have a zero-tolerance policy for people preaching to me in person.  Regardless of what other interests we shared, one attempt to convert me would end the relationship permanently.

I don't preach to any other unsaved friends.

I only answer their questions if they ask one.

Other than that we are playing tennis, shooting pistols at the range, talking about the old days when gas was 26 cents a gallon.

I'm no different than any of you, I just keep Him in mind in all I do.

You keep you in mind in all that you do. God is as absent in your life as it is in mine.

Nope, it doesnt.
The chain of events according to BBT and according to the bible are vastly different. WHICH version of chain of event in the bible do you prefer anyway? There are TWO.

(03-06-2024, 01:42 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: In other words the energy and ingredients came from nothing, it did not exist until God made it appear.
Nope, we dont know, and you dont know either. Stop pulling shit out of your ass.

(03-06-2024, 01:42 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: The scientists can't prove this energy and ingredients existed some 4 million years ago, which caused this expansion.
4 million, or 4 billion (the age of earth)? The age of the universe is 13billion anyway, moron....and no, this is no persecution, just well deserved derision.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 6 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • 1Sam15, Szuchow, isbelldl, pattylt, Minimalist, Chas

On Feb. 26th, 2024 you claimed this:
(02-26-2024, 11:32 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: In all the years I have visited various Atheist Forums, I have never been asked nicely to leave.

How can I not honor that?

Nearly two weeks later, you're spouting this:
(03-06-2024, 04:08 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: I don't preach to any other unsaved friends.

Other than that we are playing tennis, shooting pistols at the range, talking about the old days when gas was 26 cents a gallon.

You sure seem to have a hard fucking time finding the door.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 3 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • 1Sam15, Szuchow, pattylt

(03-10-2024, 11:57 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: On Feb. 26th, 2024 you claimed this:
(02-26-2024, 11:32 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: In all the years I have visited various Atheist Forums, I have never been asked nicely to leave.

How can I not honor that?

Nearly two weeks later, you're spouting this:
(03-06-2024, 04:08 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: I don't preach to any other unsaved friends.

You sure seem to have a hard fucking time finding the door.

Since when trolls leave of their own accord? He will keep spouting shit till he will be banned.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 3 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Deesse23, pattylt, TheGentlemanBastard

(03-06-2024, 03:56 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(03-06-2024, 03:22 AM)Astreja Wrote: Interesting.  On what basis do you claim to know how much we're enjoying our lives, given that you'd be unlikely to associate with any of us IRL or even recognize us if you passed us on the street?

Oh, you don't know Charlie.

I can't participate in some of the things you guys may do, but I'm very social and would definitely find the time to associate.

You guys are not in person who you are here.

I would dare say that if I met most you we would get along just fine.

I have lots of unsaved friends I communicate with on a daily basis.

I just don't participate in some things that God would frown over.

You could have used "atheist" there. Instead you chose "unsaved." 

Huh.

I think from now on, instead of calling Christian people "religious" or simply, "Christian," I should call them "deluded."

Let's try that on for size and reverse the roles.

"I have lots of deluded friends I communicate with on a daily basis." 

Yeah. I like that. It's more descriptive and conveys my underlying thoughts more clearly.
The following 9 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Szuchow, Deesse23, 1Sam15, pattylt, airportkid, TheGentlemanBastard, mordant, brewerb, Charladele