Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible Baptist Tabernacle Church/ Controversy

@Charlie24

I’ll rephrase

Why didn’t Yahweh know Adam needed a helpmeet? Omniscient?

Did yahweh have to add a penis and testicles to Adam when invented rib woman?

(02-23-2024, 06:04 PM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 05:56 PM)Minimalist Wrote: He sounds like all fundies.

A fundamentalist is one who believes in Biblical dispensations.

It sets them apart from the rest of the denominations.

I couldn't agree more.

It labels them as dumber than the average xhristard.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • pattylt

(02-23-2024, 08:37 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 06:04 PM)Charlie24 Wrote: A fundamentalist is one who believes in Biblical dispensations.

It sets them apart from the rest of the denominations.

I couldn't agree more.

It labels them as dumber than the average xhristard.

Having said that, you don't even know what it means.

But you certainly have an opinion of it.

(02-23-2024, 08:24 PM)1Sam15 Wrote: @Charlie24

I’ll rephrase

Why didn’t Yahweh know Adam needed a helpmeet? Omniscient?

Did yahweh have to add a penis and testicles to Adam when invented rib woman?

The curious part  of that, Sam, is that in Gen 1:27 it claims:

Quote:27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

But in Gen 2: 7 we hear this version:

Quote:Then the Lord God formed a man[c] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

quickly followed by:

Quote: 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

This is clear evidence of piss-poor editing by the Holy Horseshitters who cobbled this nonsense together.  Of course, Charlie will explain that because we aren't wearing the Holy Blinders we can't see the "symbolism!"

The bastards always have a (stupid) answer for everything.
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • 1Sam15, pattylt, rocinantexyz

(02-23-2024, 07:36 PM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 07:28 PM)pattylt Wrote: Charlie, do you know that a significant percentage of women being raped go into a freeze mode and are unable to vocally call out or ask for help?  They go into a type of shutdown mode that helps block the horror of what is happening to them.

Now that you understand that this occurs, do you realize how wrong the stoning decision is?  Do you realize that the rapist will use her non vocalization to convince others that she was ok with the rape?  Do you realize now that men have escaped prosecution and punishment due to a survival instinct that women have?  

Is god wrong to punish the woman because she failed to cry out or do you think men might have put these words into gods mouth?  Be honest!

God knew whether she liked it or despised it, she didn't need to cry out in voice but from the heart.

Psalms 44:21

“Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.”

Funny, I’ve never met a woman that liked being raped.  So, she gets stoned to death and god allows it even though she was unable to cry out.  Got it!   Oh, and fuck you for being so inhuman to woman everywhere.
The following 5 users Like pattylt's post:
  • Minimalist, Szuchow, epronovost, rocinantexyz, Chas

(02-23-2024, 11:45 PM)pattylt Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 07:36 PM)Charlie24 Wrote: God knew whether she liked it or despised it, she didn't need to cry out in voice but from the heart.

Psalms 44:21

“Shall not God search this out? for he knoweth the secrets of the heart.”

Funny, I’ve never met a woman that liked being raped.  So, she gets stoned to death and god allows it even though she was unable to cry out.  Got it!   Oh, and fuck you for being so inhuman to woman everywhere.

Ok, if that's the you see it, fine. I suppose you have caught God in a mistake.

(02-24-2024, 12:09 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 11:45 PM)pattylt Wrote: Funny, I’ve never met a woman that liked being raped.  So, she gets stoned to death and god allows it even though she was unable to cry out.  Got it!   Oh, and fuck you for being so inhuman to woman everywhere.

God plans every rape, right Chuck? And watches it all

“You either have a God who sends child rapists to rape children or you have a God who simply watches it and says, ‘When you’re done, I’m going to punish you.’If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would. That’s the difference between me and your God.”
― Tracie Harris
The following 4 users Like 1Sam15's post:
  • pattylt, Chas, isbelldl, Gwaithmir

(02-24-2024, 12:57 AM)1Sam15 Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 12:09 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: Ok, if that's the you see it, fine. I suppose you have caught God in a mistake.

God plans every rape, right Chuck? And watches it all

“You either have a God who sends child rapists to rape children or you have a God who simply watches it and says, ‘When you’re done, I’m going to punish you.’If I could stop a person from raping a child, I would. That’s the difference between me and your God.”
― Tracie Harris

It's all about free will. In the Garden of Eden, God could have prevented man from sinning, He could have never placed that tree there and told them if you eat of this tree you surly die.

The reason He did place it there was to give a choice, free will to choose as he pleases. Why?

God doesn't want a bunch of robots following Him around with no will of their own. He wants us to love Him of our own free will. 

So it is today, God has given you free will to do as you please. But you will reap what you sow, not only in the end but in this present life. God has many ways of punishing man on this earth for his sins, though most see that as chance. but we who know the Lord can see it and know where it's coming from.

(02-24-2024, 12:09 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(02-23-2024, 11:45 PM)pattylt Wrote: Funny, I’ve never met a woman that liked being raped.  So, she gets stoned to death and god allows it even though she was unable to cry out.  Got it!   Oh, and fuck you for being so inhuman to woman everywhere.

It is not a bug - it is a feature of all paternalistic religious bullshit.
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • pattylt, Szuchow

(02-24-2024, 01:19 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 12:57 AM)1Sam15 Wrote: God plans every rape, right Chuck? And watches it all

― Tracie Harris

It's all about free will. In the Garden of Eden, God could have prevented man from sinning, He could have never placed that tree there and told them if you eat of this tree you surly die.

The reason He did place it there was to give a choice, free will to choose as he pleases. Why?

God doesn't want a bunch of robots following Him around with no will of their own. He wants us to love Him of our own free will. 

So it is today, God has given you free will to do as you please. But you will reap what you sow, not only in the end but in this present life. God has many ways of punishing man on this earth for his sins, though most see that as chance. but we who know the Lord can see it and know where it's coming from.

Adam Ana Eve were forced born.

They had no free will

god created slaves, don’t confuse that with a robot

Free will? Like that chick that was turned to salt? Or those boys that were mocking a bald man? Or that flood that killed everything?
The following 3 users Like no one's post:
  • rocinantexyz, brewerb, Gwaithmir

(02-24-2024, 01:19 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 12:57 AM)1Sam15 Wrote: God plans every rape, right Chuck? And watches it all

― Tracie Harris

Try and think Chuck.

Tell me when free will starts 

I take you and force you into a big box with only one door in an out and I lock the door.

Go! Show me the free will please.

I created this box to be a real shit hole and force you to abide to my rules or I will torture you forever if you don’t.

Go! Show me the free will

Can a father whose daughter was raped, kick the ever living shit out of this cowardly scumbag preacher? After all a man is a man, and he has to man up, right?

(02-24-2024, 10:09 AM)1Sam15 Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 01:19 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: It's all about free will. In the Garden of Eden, God could have prevented man from sinning, He could have never placed that tree there and told them if you eat of this tree you surly die.

Try and think Chuck.

I take you and force you into a big box with only one door in an out and I lock the door.

I created this box to be a real shit hole and force you to abide to my rules or I will torture you forever if you don’t.

I heard a preacher many years ago say that life on this earth is the testing grounds for our future life which has no end.

I'm very much inclined to believe that!

For the believer, this is not our home, we are just passing through. Some of us may have a lot of money, property, prized possessions, but we are ready to leave it all behind at any time to go to a much better life.

God found a man in the Ur of Chaldees (modern day Iraq) named Abraham. History tells us that his family was rich, they made and sold various types of idols made of wood and stone.

God told this man to go to a land that I will give to you and your seed and I will make you great, the father of many nations, and from your seed will come the Savior of the world (the Messiah).

Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness. He left his rich family and lived in tents his entire life. Abraham knew these promises were in the future and he would not receive them in this life. 

The Scripture says of Abraham,

Hebrew 11:8-10
"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God."

By faith Abraham gave up his easy life on this earth looking for a home God had promised him. A home whose builder and maker is God.

So it is with all of us believers, this place is not our home. We have our eyes set on an eternal home that God has prepared for us.

(02-24-2024, 04:37 PM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 10:09 AM)1Sam15 Wrote: Try and think Chuck.

I heard a preacher many years ago say that life on this earth is the testing grounds for our future life which has no end.

For the believer, this is not our home, we are just passing through. Some of us may have a lot of money, property, prized possessions, but we are ready to leave it all behind at any time to go to a much better life.

God found a man in the Ur of Chaldees (modern day Iraq) named Abraham. History tells us that his family was rich, they made and sold various types of idols made of wood and stone.

God told this man to go to a land that I will give to you and your seed and I will make you great, the father of many nations, and from your seed will come the Savior of the world (the Messiah).

Abraham believed God and it was counted to him for righteousness. He left his rich family and lived in tents his entire life. Abraham knew these promises were in the future and he would not receive them in this life. 

"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God."

By faith Abraham gave up his easy life on this earth looking for a home God had promised him. A home whose builder and maker is God.

So it is with all of us believers, this place is not our home. We have our eyes set on an eternal home that God has prepared for us.

The words of the Christ,

John 14:2-3

"In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."

(02-24-2024, 01:19 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: It's all about free will.

No it cannot be. Rape, by definition, is a crime against free will. Rape are always performed against the free will of its victims. If your God values free will so much, why does he favor the will of the rapist over that of their victim? How is preventing rape against free will? Stopping rapist doesn't prevent people from wanting to rape, it doesn't change their mind. It simply limits their ability to enforce and enact their will. It's not even like God is opposed to intervening and changing the course of history and human interaction either. He killed many humans for committing crimes against him and his favored one's; he resurrected the dead on several occasion, got involved in politics, established temporal laws, talked with people, etc.
The following 2 users Like epronovost's post:
  • isbelldl, Alan V

(02-24-2024, 04:37 PM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(02-24-2024, 10:09 AM)1Sam15 Wrote: Try and think Chuck.

Typical cowardly christian avoidance Chuck!

I’ll ask one more time.

Chuck can't think. It has never had a single original thought, ever. Like all braindead, godiboi zombies, it can only regurgitate the hollow, stale echoes of insipid absurdity, like a good little parrot.

(02-24-2024, 07:25 PM)no one Wrote: Chuck can't think. It has never had a single original thought, ever. Like all braindead, godiboi zombies, it can only regurgitate the hollow, stale echoes of insipid absurdity, like a good little parrot.

I finally agree with you something. I have chosen to follow His words. Why?

John 6:63

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"

When I choose His words, I have chosen LIFE. Eternal life with Him.

I’d say god is commanding you to be stupid

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Because you are a braindead nincompoop.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Gwaithmir

You are not allowed to think, @Charlie24

(02-24-2024, 07:35 PM)Charlie24 Wrote: When I choose His words, I have chosen LIFE. Eternal life with Him.
They want to live forever in paradise, they want to have everything, forever. Christianity is the ultimate expression of greed.
The following 2 users Like rocinantexyz's post:
  • 1Sam15, Alan V

Preaching, yeah, atheists really appreciate being talked at rather than talked to.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • 1Sam15, pattylt

Quote:I heard a preacher many years ago say that life on this earth is the testing grounds for our future life which has no end.

Preachers say lots of stupid shit.  None of it has a single fact to back it up.
The following 4 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • 1Sam15, Dānu, Chas, Gwaithmir