Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Non-Religious Case Against Abortion

(03-26-2024, 01:00 AM)pattylt Wrote:
(03-25-2024, 10:58 PM)brewerb Wrote: Please tell me they are NOT mice.

No.  Humans and two other species.  The two other species are blown away by cheese and can’t seem to get enough of it.

Do they others become constipated? 

Maybe that's just me. Tongue
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Cavebear, pattylt

(03-26-2024, 01:21 AM)brewerb Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 01:00 AM)pattylt Wrote: No.  Humans and two other species.  The two other species are blown away by cheese and can’t seem to get enough of it.

There is only one mammal that makes cheese.  And some of them can't deal with it well.  I do.  Especially Muenster, and it is hard to find lately.

It is a fiction that the best bait for rodents is cheese.  What they really love is peanut butter or bacon.  You can empty a house of mice in a few days with either with a few a snap-traps (safe from your pets).  Just keep resetting the traps. When you get all the wandering adults, your problem is solved.
A bully hides his fears with fake bravado. That is the opposite of self-assertiveness.

(03-26-2024, 08:43 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 01:21 AM)brewerb Wrote: Do they others become constipated? 

There is only one mammal that makes cheese.  And some of them can't deal with it well.  I do.  Especially Muenster, and it is hard to find lately.

It is a fiction that the best bait for rodents is cheese.  What they really love is peanut butter or bacon.  You can empty a house of mice in a few days with either with a few a snap-traps (safe from your pets).  Just keep resetting the traps.  When you get all the wandering adults, your problem is solved.

Do you get that the discussion of cheese in this thread is a derail joke?
  • Cavebear, pattylt

(03-26-2024, 02:13 PM)brewerb Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 08:43 AM)Cavebear Wrote: There is only one mammal that makes cheese.  And some of them can't deal with it well.  I do.  Especially Muenster, and it is hard to find lately.

It is a fiction that the best bait for rodents is cheese.  What they really love is peanut butter or bacon.  You can empty a house of mice in a few days with either with a few a snap-traps (safe from your pets).  Just keep resetting the traps.  When you get all the wandering adults, your problem is solved.

Do you get that the discussion of cheese in this thread is a derail joke?

Yes, but I also provided practical advice. Being on a property infested with rodents (mice, voles, shrews and squirrels), I hardly have to feed the cats some days. Smile
A bully hides his fears with fake bravado. That is the opposite of self-assertiveness.

Practical advice is far more than Stevie ever managed!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Cavebear, pattylt

(03-26-2024, 03:34 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Practical advice is far more than Stevie ever managed!

Thank you! Heart
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • pattylt

(03-26-2024, 01:21 AM)brewerb Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 01:00 AM)pattylt Wrote: No.  Humans and two other species.  The two other species are blown away by cheese and can’t seem to get enough of it.

No.  Though they do mention one of them getting gassy.  Chuckle
The following 1 user Likes pattylt's post:
  • brewerb

(03-26-2024, 08:43 AM)Cavebear Wrote:

There are several animals that make cheese…goats being second to cows.  Any mammal that produces milk can theoretically also make cheese.

Btw, I second the peanut butter on the traps…even those live traps.  It stays in place and they love the stuff.  I’d never waste bacon on a trap for mice…who has leftover bacon?  Dunno
  • Cavebear

(03-26-2024, 05:31 PM)pattylt Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 08:43 AM)Cavebear Wrote: There is only one mammal that makes cheese.  And some of them can't deal with it well.  I do.  Especially Muenster, and it is hard to find lately.

There are several animals that make cheese…goats being second to cows.  Any mammal that produces milk can theoretically also make cheese.

Btw, I second the peanut butter on the traps…even those live traps.  It stays in place and they love the stuff.  I’d never waste bacon on a trap for mice…who has leftover bacon?  Dunno

I do. Every month or so, I buy a pack of bacon (it goes well with a chicken sandwich). A small bit frozen is a year's supply for the mousetraps. And I buy the cheapest peanut butter for the squirrels. They can't tell the difference.
  • pattylt

(03-26-2024, 05:27 PM)pattylt Wrote:

No.  Though they do mention one of them getting gassy.  Chuckle

Are the pages scratch -n- sniff? (please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes) Panic
  • Cavebear, pattylt

(03-26-2024, 08:29 PM)brewerb Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 05:27 PM)pattylt Wrote: No.  Though they do mention one of them getting gassy.  Chuckle

Are the pages scratch -n- sniff? (please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes) Panic

Try this cheese link.
  • pattylt

[Image: 81Eyzad1qoL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • brewerb, pattylt

(03-26-2024, 08:29 PM)brewerb Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 05:27 PM)pattylt Wrote: No.  Though they do mention one of them getting gassy.  Chuckle

Sorry to disappoint…they do describe the smell quite colorfully.  Besides, Kindle doesn’t do scratch n sniff. (Thankfully)
  • brewerb

(03-26-2024, 10:26 PM)pattylt Wrote:
(03-26-2024, 08:29 PM)brewerb Wrote: Are the pages scratch -n- sniff? (please say yes, please say yes, please say yes, please say yes) Panic

Sorry to disappoint…they do describe the smell quite colorfully.  Besides, Kindle doesn’t do scratch n sniff. (Thankfully)

Time to develop and patient a plug in device.

[Image: 9987bad0-f675-4821-8b5c-59596206063e_text.gif]
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • pattylt

Pro-Choice advocates report that  they have blown past the  number of signatures needed to get the measure on the November ballot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2024-el...rcna145922

Quote:[color=var(--article-hero-headline--htag--color)]Arizona abortion rights amendment backers says they've gathered signatures needed for 2024 ballot[/color]

[color=var(--article-dek--color)]First to NBC News: Arizona for Abortion Access says it’s exceeded the state petition signature threshold by over 120,000, with plans to keep gathering until a July 3 deadline.[/color]

And they have 3 months to go.  I'll be voting for that amendment and to hell with fucks like Stevie.

Come on, girls.... it is your rights that these christo-fascist shitstains are attacking.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Inkubus, Chas

I read an interesting article, more hopeful than actually based on numbers, that in Florida with the May abortion restriction lowered to 6 weeks and the constitutional petition to enshrine abortion in Florida, they expect a very large number of women and the youngs to turn out to vote.

I hope they’re right as abortion legislation brings out more liberal factions there and could hurt Republican candidates, especially down votes in some liberal areas. While the article mentioned the possibility that Florida could become blue, I won’t hold my breath on that one.
The following 4 users Like pattylt's post:
  • brewerb, Minimalist, Alan V, mordant

In Move to Protect Whales, Polynesian Indigenous Groups Give Them ‘Personhood’

Quote:For many Indigenous groups across Polynesia, whales hold an ancient sacredness and spirit that connects all life. Whales — or tohorā, as Māori call them — guided their ancestors across the Pacific Ocean. Today, those groups consider themselves to be guardians for the largest animals under the sea.

But as of Wednesday, whales are not simply animals in this region.

Indigenous leaders of New Zealand, Tahiti and the Cook Islands signed a historic treaty that recognizes whales as legal persons in a move conservationists believe will apply pressure to national governments to offer greater protections for the large mammals.

In 2017, New Zealand passed a groundbreaking law that granted personhood status to the Whanganui River because of its importance to Māori, New Zealand’s Indigenous people.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • epronovost