Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Funny trivia about original sin

(01-14-2024, 05:10 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(01-13-2024, 08:01 PM)mordant Wrote: Another forum I'm on forbids only bolded red. They use the same software as this forum. Perhaps staking claim to all of 3 colors is a little hard to track, but ... my point is, this isn't the only place that does it.

Nor is it any sort of hill to die on.

I can see letting go of purple if Dom doesn't return. I'm not emotionally ready to seriously entertain that possibility. I'm holding out hope that something happened, she's in recovery now, and she'll be back. 

Also, I looked at it and I didn't mind the coloring so much without the bold. It's the trigger to pay attention to mod colors that I want people to know to do. We took the practice from TTA and I never questioned it. I've seen the practice on every forum I've ever been to. 

(01-14-2024, 03:13 AM)brewerb Wrote: I think I'm good on the color thing.

White on white is fine. -Not every effective, but permitted. Blue is fine. Light purple is fine, mint green is fine, orange is fine, pink is fine, peach is fine, fuchsia is fine, yellow is fine, dark green is fine, teal is fine, baby blue is fine.... I mean, seriously? Is it really necessary to use mod colors?

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! No No No

I don't think so, seems silly but oh well.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Aliza

(01-14-2024, 09:51 PM)Aliza Wrote: Admins use green, Dom used purple, and mods use red. That's it. We use the color of our titles.

Thanks.  I didn't realize Admins weren't Mods.  There's my daily learned something new.  What's the difference - or are Admins Mods with some feathers clipped?

Getting the answer to this could affect my ability to sleep later, which gives some indication of how important loom other matters of my day ahead.  Tongue

(01-14-2024, 10:01 PM)airportkid Wrote:
(01-14-2024, 09:51 PM)Aliza Wrote: Admins use green, Dom used purple, and mods use red. That's it. We use the color of our titles.

Thanks.  I didn't realize Admins weren't Mods.  There's my daily learned something new.  What's the difference - or are Admins Mods with some feathers clipped?

Getting the answer to this could affect my ability to sleep later, which gives some indication of how important loom other matters of my day ahead.  Tongue

https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/sho...p?tid=1467

That might be helpful.

Admin have server access, access to the admin control panel, and we have the final say on whatever goes on here on the forum. Momsurroundedbyboys was the admin, but she wasn't the owner. Mathilda and I are admin/owners. We answer to no other person.

Dom was considered an admin, but she did not have server access. -Nor did she want it. She had access to the admin control panel to help people with password resets, but her actual responsibilities around here were more moderation. I think Dom's setting here on AD was identical to DLJ's settings on TTA.

Moderators do the day to day stuff like moving threads around or answering user questions. 

I hope this helps.
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • airportkid, pattylt, Mathilda

Can I change my name? There are too many Charlie's around here and I no longer live in Wisconsin.
Formerly WiCharlie Sun
The following 1 user Likes Charladele's post:
  • brewerb

(01-15-2024, 01:04 AM)WICharlie Wrote: Can I change my name?  There are too many Charlie's around here and I no longer live in Wisconsin.

You got one name change and that's it. Are you sure you want to change your name?

(01-15-2024, 01:04 AM)WICharlie Wrote: Can I change my name?  There are too many Charlie's around here and I no longer live in Wisconsin.

Before you do that pick a bunch of names you think you might like then post them. The rest of us will vote/give feedback, then choose.

Camon, might as well have some fun before you're stuck with it FOREVER.
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Aliza

(12-30-2023, 01:29 AM)no one Wrote: Hey, Charlie, show me one thing in this world, without the use of your precious buybull that shows that jebus h. christ died for my sins. Anything at all.

You know, the same way the Doppler effect can be demonstrated without the use of an evil science book.

While you're at it, maybe you can explain why, modern hoomans are  about 150,000ish years old, yet jebus (and his obviously closeted daddy) only revealed themselves 2,000ish years ago. What gives?

Why do so many other gods precede commandment numero uno?

Remember, use your big boy words. No cheating, the buybull has no power here.

I hate 'people' like Charlie.

To be a person, you have to have a mind, not a blank slate for another blank slate to write anything on for later copy-past out-the-mouth.

Fuck 'you' Charlie -- 'you're' nothing but a bible!
I am not fire-wood!

Still waiting on that proof, you mindless twit. Maybe you should head down that yellow brick road, and the mighty wizard can give you some heart, some courage, and a brain.

(01-13-2024, 08:01 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(01-05-2024, 02:25 PM)Aliza Wrote: Friendly reminder about font colors. Please make an effort to avoid using these text colors (particularly in bold):

Admin green

Super moderator purple
Moderator red

Thank you!

I think I will ignore this.

Then you will be forcing us to act until you either comply or leave. If that's your intention then let us know and we can save everyone's time.

It's not an issue about us being anal about fonts and appearance (although we may act if it's constantly disruptive and annoying everyone, such as massive blinking fonts or too difficult to read).

The tags are important because formal admin and mod statements need to be listened to. They indicate that what's being tagged, compared to whatever the moderator has previously written in the thread, is an unequivocal formal statement that needs to be acted on. A final word on the subject. Moderators need to know that the message has been seen so if the user continues to violate the rules then it's deliberate.
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • Aliza

(01-14-2024, 05:10 PM)Aliza Wrote: I can see letting go of purple if Dom doesn't return. I'm not emotionally ready to seriously entertain that possibility. I'm holding out hope that something happened, she's in recovery now, and she'll be back. 

Not sure there's much need to differentiate between mod and admin colours either. But it's quite possible to have a situation where a forum has many mods who disagree and the admin have to give the final say. So we might as well keep it.
The following 2 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Aliza, Cavebear

Actually I was thinking of Charladele. It is a conglomerate of my first and middle name and no hint of location and unusual enough to not clash with other names. Believe me, I had lived in Wisconsin my entire life and never dreamed I would ever move out of that state. But obviously, crap happens. Yes, please...I do want to change it. Tell me what I need to do?
Formerly WiCharlie Sun
The following 1 user Likes Charladele's post:
  • Aliza

(01-15-2024, 02:11 PM)WICharlie Wrote: Actually I was thinking of Charladele.  It is a conglomerate of my first and middle name and no hint of location and unusual enough to not clash with other names.  Believe me, I had lived in Wisconsin my entire life and never dreamed I would ever move out of that state. But obviously, crap happens.  Yes, please...I do want to change it. Tell me what I need to do?

Sounds like it could be a type of cheese. Big Grin

(01-15-2024, 02:11 PM)WICharlie Wrote: Actually I was thinking of Charladele.  It is a conglomerate of my first and middle name and no hint of location and unusual enough to not clash with other names.  Believe me, I had lived in Wisconsin my entire life and never dreamed I would ever move out of that state. But obviously, crap happens.  Yes, please...I do want to change it. Tell me what I need to do?
I had an aunt named Adele (pronounced Ah-deal) and so all I can see is Char Adele. But I'd get used to it, lol