Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Funny trivia about original sin

(12-30-2023, 01:29 AM)no one Wrote: Hey, Charlie, show me one thing in this world, without the use of your precious buybull that shows that jebus h. christ died for my sins. Anything at all.

You know, the same way the Doppler effect can be demonstrated without the use of an evil science book.

While you're at it, maybe you can explain why, modern hoomans are  about 150,000ish years old, yet jebus (and his obviously closeted daddy) only revealed themselves 2,000ish years ago. What gives?

Why do so many other gods precede commandment numero uno?

Remember, use your big boy words. No cheating, the buybull has no power here.

Jesus told Nicodemus that he could feel the wind and hear the wind, but could not tell where it came from and where it was going. But he could see the effects of it.

Look for the effects in the spiritual realm and you will find!

(12-30-2023, 12:42 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 12:36 AM)Minimalist Wrote: A shorter explanation is that you worship a murdering scumbag of a god.

The question is then, what the fuck is wrong with someone like you for doing that?

My excuse is that I thank God that He has gone through so much to deliver me from my sin so I can have a relationship with Him.

Not only a relationship, but also a co-owner of everything He has throughout eternity.

Does this 'relationship' ever include words from God aside those that are in the bible? Exactly how is this a relationship?
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(12-30-2023, 01:34 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 01:29 AM)no one Wrote: Hey, Charlie, show me one thing in this world, without the use of your precious buybull that shows that jebus h. christ died for my sins. Anything at all.

You know, the same way the Doppler effect can be demonstrated without the use of an evil science book.

While you're at it, maybe you can explain why, modern hoomans are  about 150,000ish years old, yet jebus (and his obviously closeted daddy) only revealed themselves 2,000ish years ago. What gives?

Jesus told Nicodemus that he could feel the wind and hear the wind, but could not tell where it came from and where it was going. But he could see the effects of it.

Just more evidence that Jesus was not God. Not only could God tell you where it came from, and where it was going, he could tell you where it would be at any specific time.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(12-30-2023, 02:04 AM)Dānu Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 01:34 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: Jesus told Nicodemus that he could feel the wind and hear the wind, but could not tell where it came from and where it was going. But he could see the effects of it.

Just more evidence that Jesus was not God.  Not only could God tell you where it came from, and where it was going, he could tell you where it would be at any specific time.

Jesus was God in the flesh. The Scripture states that Christ laid aside His power as God and depended on His Father totally.

In fact, He could lay aside His power as God, but not the fact that He was God in the flesh.

He was put to death for saying He was the Son of God, in which He was and is.

When Christ laid aside His power as God, it was the Holy Spirit through Him that performed the miracles. If He had not laid aside that power He would have performed the miracles on His own. 

This is how Christ is our example of what God wants from man, total dependency on Him.

(12-30-2023, 02:14 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 02:04 AM)Dānu Wrote: Just more evidence that Jesus was not God.  Not only could God tell you where it came from, and where it was going, he could tell you where it would be at any specific time.

Jesus was God in the flesh. The Scripture states that Christ laid aside His power as God and depended on His Father totally.

In fact, He could lay aside His power as God, but not the fact that He was God in the flesh.

When Christ laid aside His power as God, it was the Holy Spirit through Him that performed the miracles. If He had not laid aside that power He would have performed the miracles on His own. 

This is how Christ is our example of what God wants from man, total dependency on Him.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. So basically you're saying that we have no actual evidence he was the son of God. Just his say so.

Yeah, I'm convinced! Cool story, Bro!

Vivekananda

(12-30-2023, 02:17 AM)Dānu Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 02:14 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: Jesus was God in the flesh. The Scripture states that Christ laid aside His power as God and depended on His Father totally.

Woulda, shoulda, coulda.  So basically you're saying that we have no actual evidence he was the son of God.  Just his say so.

Yeah, I'm convinced!  Cool story, Bro!

Yes, I suppose life will continue in desperate attempts to prove the Scripture wrong. How's that working for ya?

Jesus was crucified for claiming to be king of the Jews, not because he claimed to be the son of god…being a son of god wasn’t illegal.

(12-30-2023, 02:27 AM)pattylt Wrote: Jesus was crucified for claiming to be king of the Jews, not because he claimed to be the son of god…being a son of god wasn’t illegal.

John 10:31-36
Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

(12-30-2023, 02:24 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 02:17 AM)Dānu Wrote: Woulda, shoulda, coulda.  So basically you're saying that we have no actual evidence he was the son of God.  Just his say so.

Yeah, I'm convinced!  Cool story, Bro!

Yes, I suppose life will continue in desperate attempts to prove the Scripture wrong. How's that working for ya?

It has nothing to do with scripture being wrong. According to you, there's no evidence that Jesus was the son of God. Any evidence was God, not Jesus working.

I find little reason to believe anything about Jesus being the son of God. Even his resurrection was God, not Jesus, working. Aside from Jesus' say so, what evidence do we have that he was the son of God?

For all we know, Jesus was just some two-bit nobody.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • pattylt

(12-30-2023, 02:37 AM)Dānu Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 02:24 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: Yes, I suppose life will continue in desperate attempts to prove the Scripture wrong. How's that working for ya?

It has nothing to do with scripture being wrong.  According to you, there's no evidence that Jesus was the son of God.  Any evidence was God, not Jesus working.

I find little reason to believe anything about Jesus being the son of God.  Even his resurrection was God, not Jesus, working.  Aside from Jesus' say so, what evidence do we have that he was the son of God?

It has everything to do with Scripture! 

The only physical evidence you will see of God is found in nature itself that surrounds us.

And His Word that He left us in the Scriptures.

But if you can't believe His Word, you most certainly will deny His work in nature.

(12-30-2023, 02:42 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 02:37 AM)Dānu Wrote: It has nothing to do with scripture being wrong.  According to you, there's no evidence that Jesus was the son of God.  Any evidence was God, not Jesus working.

I find little reason to believe anything about Jesus being the son of God.  Even his resurrection was God, not Jesus, working.  Aside from Jesus' say so, what evidence do we have that he was the son of God?

It has everything to do with Scripture! 

The only physical evidence you will see of God is found in nature itself that surrounds us.

But if you can't believe His Word, you most certainly will deny His work in nature.

God's words are all in the Old Testament. Nature doesn't testify to any God. It's not denial, it's reason based upon arguments given for it. They are all fatally flawed.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • pattylt

(12-30-2023, 02:47 AM)Dānu Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 02:42 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: It has everything to do with Scripture! 

God's words are all in the Old Testament.  Nature doesn't testify to any God.  It's not denial, it's reason based upon arguments given for it.  They are all fatally flawed.

If you set aside the possibility of chance, and give serious thought to nature, how everything has been provided for man in that nature, then you can begin to search your heart and purpose in that nature. Then you are not far from the One who created you!

(12-30-2023, 02:33 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 02:27 AM)pattylt Wrote: Jesus was crucified for claiming to be king of the Jews, not because he claimed to be the son of god…being a son of god wasn’t illegal.

John 10:31-36

Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

The Jews didn't kill Jesus. Hebrews don't crucify people. They stoned them to death. Romans executed Jesus. They executed him because he claimed to be the "king of the Jews" and that's basically challenging their sovereignty over conquered lands. You should read your Bible more carefully. You seem to be reading it verse by verse instead of paragraphs, chapters and books.
The following 1 user Likes epronovost's post:
  • pattylt

This guy:
Hey, Charlie, show me one thing in this world, without the use of your precious buybull that shows that jebus h. christ died for my sins. Anything at all.

Charlie24:

So, no big boy words. Just more bullshit. Is comprehension too difficult for that tiny 0.0000000000000000002 watt bulb of yours?

(12-29-2023, 11:31 PM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 05:15 PM)epronovost Wrote: I just remembered something rather funny about the doctrine of original sin. We all know that this doctrine was cooked up by Saint Augustine of Hippo in the early 5th century. It ties the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ to the curse God cast on Adam and Eve for eating the Fruit of Knowledge, thus by accepting the sacrifice of Jesus, you gain a chance to return to heaven free of sin and a place in the new Eden that is to be the Kingdom of God once Jesus returns. 

The funny part is that God didn't just curse Adam and Eve. He also cursed the snake to crawl on his belly and eat dust (the Ancient Hebrew didn't understand the biological purpose of the snakes' famous tongue flicking), be hated by women and children, have their head crushed by them and, in turn bite humans and poison them. It also specifies that the snake, alone in all animals will be cursed as such (the Ancient Hebrews were unaware of the existence of legless lizards and some species of skinks too). 

If Jesus Christ brought forgiveness for the original sin, why are the snake still legless and feared by so many?

Another interesting tidbit, but mostly for the creationist sort, if the snake was the only animal to bear such curse then why do they say that it's the fall of man that brought predation, death and starvation to animals too? It's mentioned to be the fate of Adam and Eve and the snake was to be the only animal punished like so. It seems animals were killing each other in heaven too apparently. Finally why the hell do so many Christian think it was the Devil tempting Eve in the Garden of Eden. It's specifically mentioned to be a snake and an animal. People read a lot of things into fairly conventional fairy tale. I guess hot takes on popular media is an old form of entertainment.

We know that the "serpent" in the Garden of Eden, who deceived Adam and Eve, is indeed Satan.

Rev. 12:9
"And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him."

Rev. 20:2
"And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,"

But of course you have to believe the Scripture for this to be the final say.

You gotta give credit to your godthing.

It created dragon to do exactly what godthing wanted, right?

Genesis 3:1
New King James Version

The Temptation and Fall of Man
Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”
[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%203&version=NKJV][/url]

(12-30-2023, 12:42 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 12:36 AM)Minimalist Wrote: A shorter explanation is that you worship a murdering scumbag of a god.

The question is then, what the fuck is wrong with someone like you for doing that?

My excuse is that I thank God that He has gone through so much to deliver me from my sin so I can have a relationship with Him.

Not only a relationship, but also a co-owner of everything He has throughout eternity.

Why do you accept that godthing forced you to be born into a sinful world god made?

If god told you before creating you as a human that you have a free will choice to be born into a sinful world and there’s a good chance you will sin your ass off and it will torture you for all eternity for sinning, 

OR

You can make the free will choice to remain as you are before being made into a sinful human

What free will choice would you make if you indeed had free will?

(12-30-2023, 02:14 AM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 02:04 AM)Dānu Wrote: Just more evidence that Jesus was not God.  Not only could God tell you where it came from, and where it was going, he could tell you where it would be at any specific time.

You make it sound like jesus could say NO to god.

Can jesus say no to yahweh?

What happened to satan when it told yahweh no?

(12-30-2023, 11:14 AM)1Sam15 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 02:14 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: Jesus was God in the flesh. The Scripture states that Christ laid aside His power as God and depended on His Father totally.

You make it sound like jesus could say NO to god.

A house divided against itself will surely fall. The Father and the Son are One in essence. They agree on all things, much unlike His creation.

But you must understand, this world and its contents are not the way God created them. 

The Scripture says that Adam and Eve were created in Gods image, due to the fall of man into sin, the Scripture says that the descendants of Adam and Eve were created in the image of Adam not God.

(12-30-2023, 12:08 PM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 11:14 AM)1Sam15 Wrote: You make it sound like jesus could say NO to god.

A house divided against itself will surely fall. The Father and the Son are One in essence. They agree on all things, much unlike His creation.

But you must understand, this world and its contents are not the way God created them. 

The Scripture says that Adam and Eve were created in Gods image, due to the fall of man into sin, the Scripture says that the descendants of Adam and Eve were created in the image of Adam not God.

So god is a failure.

Thanks for acknowledging that

(12-30-2023, 11:01 AM)1Sam15 Wrote:
(12-29-2023, 11:31 PM)Charlie24 Wrote: We know that the "serpent" in the Garden of Eden, who deceived Adam and Eve, is indeed Satan.

Rev. 12:9
"And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world—he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him."

Rev. 20:2
"And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years,"

But of course you have to believe the Scripture for this to be the final say.

You gotta give credit to your godthing.

New King James Version

Now the serpent was more cunning than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”
[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis%203&version=NKJV][/url]

Angels were also given free will, of course you know Satan was a created angel that abused his free will.

He rebelled against God and lied to Adam and Eve. 

He had the free will to make his choice just as Adam and Eve, and everyone of us.

More absurd, irrational, ludicrous twaddle?

Your stupid book of bullshit fairy tales is far past its expiration date. Do you have anything else?

(12-30-2023, 07:13 AM)epronovost Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 02:33 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: John 10:31-36

The Jews didn't kill Jesus. Hebrews don't crucify people. They stoned them to death. Romans executed Jesus. They executed him because he claimed to be the "king of the Jews" and that's basically challenging their sovereignty over conquered lands. You should read your Bible more carefully. You seem to be reading it verse by verse instead of paragraphs, chapters and books.

NO, that's not correct according to Scripture! Pilate tried to release Jesus, he knew Jesus was innocent of the charges they brought against Him.

But the religious leaders demanded that He be crucified, and threatened to go over his head to Caesar. Then Pilate washed his hands of the matter and gave the order for Christ to be crucified.

The phrase "King of the Jews" is another title for the "Chosen One" the Messiah. The religious leaders of Israel, did not recognize Him in this fashion. He was not the leader they wanted, they wanted a military leader to free them from Rome, they didn't want the Lamb of God that brought salvation.

(12-30-2023, 12:14 PM)Charlie24 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 11:01 AM)1Sam15 Wrote: You gotta give credit to your godthing.

New King James Version

Angels were also given free will, of course you know Satan was a created angel that abused his free will.

He had the free will to make his choice just as Adam and Eve, and everyone of us.

What was/is Satan punishment for telling Eve the truth that she wouldn’t die?

Please don’t give the bullshit answer that it was a spiritual death.

(12-30-2023, 11:09 AM)1Sam15 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 12:42 AM)Charlie24 Wrote: My excuse is that I thank God that He has gone through so much to deliver me from my sin so I can have a relationship with Him.

Why do you accept that godthing forced you to be born into a sinful world god made?

If god told you before creating you as a human that you have a free will choice to be born into a sinful world and there’s a good chance you will sin your ass off and it will torture you for all eternity for sinning, 

OR

You can make the free will choice to remain as you are before being made into a sinful human

What free will choice would you make if you indeed had free will?

@Charlie24

What say you Chuck?

(12-30-2023, 12:40 PM)1Sam15 Wrote:
(12-30-2023, 12:14 PM)Charlie24 Wrote: Angels were also given free will, of course you know Satan was a created angel that abused his free will.

What was/is Satan punishment for telling Eve the truth that she wouldn’t die?

Please don’t give the bullshit answer that it was a spiritual death.

God created man to live forever in the flesh! But mans sin brought forth death, both physical and spiritual.

In the end, man will live forever in the flesh as God originally intended. Those who believe might I add.