Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Jesus Loves You.

Jesus Loves You.
(11-21-2023, 04:30 PM)pythagorean Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 03:45 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: A little bit of humor and comedy - the best way to welcome someone.   Big Grin
[Image: bert-and-ernie-bert.gif]

Anita Briant came here to Iowa, once. So we welcomed her with a fruit pie.

Anita Bryant Pie in the Face

[color=var(--paper-tooltip-text-color, white)]871,748 views • Nov 7, 2006[/color]
Gay rights activists throw a pie in Anita Bryant's face.

An atheist and a priest go golfing. The atheist misses the hole and shouts, "God damn it! I missed that one!" 

The priest, says to the atheist, "My son, please don't use the Lord's name in vain."

Later, the atheist misses again and shouts, "God damn it! I missed that one!".

As storm clouds gather on the horizon, the priest again cautions the atheist about using the Lord's name in vain.

The storm clouds get closer, and once again, the atheist misses and shouts, "God damn it! I missed that one!", and again gets cautioned by the priest, who is becoming increasingly concerned, who points to the gathering storm clouds, and says, "My son, my son! Please don't use the Lord's name in vain. This could be dangerous!"

As the storm clouds gather above them, the atheist misses again, and shouts, "God damn it! I missed that one!"

Suddenly a lightning bolt flashes from the storm clouds above and strikes the priest dead.

The atheist, now visibly rattled, looks up at the storm clouds, and hears a booming voice coming from above that shouts, "God damn it! I missed that one!"

Now that's more like it a very funny post.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 3 users Like adey67's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Minimalist, pythagorean

Jesus Loves You.
(11-22-2023, 06:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 04:30 PM)pythagorean Wrote: [Image: bert-and-ernie-bert.gif]

Anita Briant came here to Iowa, once. So we welcomed her with a fruit pie.

Anita Bryant Pie in the Face

[color=var(--paper-tooltip-text-color, white)]871,748 views • Nov 7, 2006[/color]
Gay rights activists throw a pie in Anita Bryant's face.

An atheist and a priest go golfing. The atheist misses the hole and shouts, "God damn it! I missed that one!" 

The priest, says to the atheist, "My son, please don't use the Lord's name in vain."

Later, the atheist misses again and shouts, "God damn it! I missed that one!".

As storm clouds gather on the horizon, the priest again cautions the atheist about using the Lord's name in vain.

The storm clouds get closer, and once again, the atheist misses and shouts, "God damn it! I missed that one!", and again gets cautioned by the priest, who is becoming increasingly concerned, who points to the gathering storm clouds, and says, "My son, my son! Please don't use the Lord's name in vain. This could be dangerous!"

As the storm clouds gather above them, the atheist misses again, and shouts, "God damn it! I missed that one!"

Suddenly a lightning bolt flashes from the storm clouds above and strikes the priest dead.

The atheist, now visibly rattled, looks up at the storm clouds, and hears a booming voice coming from above that shouts, "God damn it! I missed that one!"

Now that's more like it a very funny post.

Anita Bryant was a bigot and a hateful women.  She campaigned against women's rights and was a huge anti gay Chritisan activists.  She wanted women to remain in the kitchen while being subservient to their husbands.  She campaigned for discrimination against gay people. She deserved that fucking pie in her face.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Gwaithmir, adey67

Jesus Loves You.
(11-21-2023, 04:21 PM)Inkubus Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 03:13 PM)Minimalist Wrote: So, now we know that satire is lost on you?  You are losing points by the moment, fella.

Thingymebob is losing his mind by the second. He registered (under his present guise) eighteen days ago and he's been logged in just short of five of those days. 

His heads gone.

Sounds a lot like this Thingymebob character has got under your skin somehow.
What I'd do (if I were you) is to just let it go. You're not doing yourself any favours persuing big text boy.

You're way off mate. If I ever need a private detective you'd be the last person I'd contact.
The following 1 user Likes Rainprooffredturnip's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Jesus Loves You.
(11-21-2023, 04:21 PM)Inkubus Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 03:13 PM)Minimalist Wrote: So, now we know that satire is lost on you?  You are losing points by the moment, fella.

Thingymebob is losing his mind by the second. He registered (under his present guise) eighteen days ago and he's been logged in just short of five of those days. 

His heads gone.

Thingymebog has done nothing to provoke such ire from anyone.  I don't know what your problem is.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Rainprooffredturnip

Jesus Loves You.
I am not feeling any love.

Can I sue?

Jesus Loves You.
(11-22-2023, 10:17 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(11-21-2023, 04:21 PM)Inkubus Wrote: Thingymebob is losing his mind by the second. He registered (under his present guise) eighteen days ago and he's been logged in just short of five of those days. 

His heads gone.

Thingymebog has done nothing to provoke such ire from anyone.  I don't know what your problem is.

Thingymebog LOL
You cheer me up no end.
The following 1 user Likes Rainprooffredturnip's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Jesus Loves You.
(11-22-2023, 10:17 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: [quote="Inkubus" pid='411630' dateline='1700583676']

His heads gone.

[/quote]

Dafuq?

(11-21-2023, 06:20 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: [quote="pythagorean" pid='411618' dateline='1700574807']

While ridiculing children and their cultures and beliefs may on occasions give some adults gratifying illusions of Omnipotence and Omniscience, it is actually a form of antiintelectualknownothingism that inhibits and limits ones ability to learn new things.

The children of the world (like these Mexican children) have a lot to teach us adults, but we have to be willing to meet them half-way.

How many of these children's parents even know enough Spanish to teach you Tzotzil? Unlike their patents, who may not know a word of Spanish, these children probably took a course in Spanish in school, which makes teaching adults Tzotzil easier.

In my experience, here in Iowa, children are often asked to translate for their parents.

Learning Tzotzil from the locals

Tzotzil is a Maya language spoken in parts of Chiapas, Mexico. For many of these people Spanish is their second language. After six days of exploring Rio la Venta Canyon with my friend David Escobar Martinez we climbed out of the canyon and eventually came to this village where the curious children began to share with us their language, Tzotzil.

Quote:I've been on this forum and the previous TTA forum for almost 10 years and in all that time I've probably given maybe 3 negatives reps.  It's usually too much trouble to downvote someone.  I will converse with Christian tolls without giving them a negative rep. Even Stevie hasn't gotten a negative rep from me. 

Well congratulations, you've gone and done it.  You've just been given minus red vote from me.  Why?  Because you are one of the most annoying posters I've ever come in contact with.

Jesus Loves You.
(11-22-2023, 10:32 PM)no one Wrote: I am not feeling any love.

Can I sue?

Hi no one. Tip hat 

Everyone needs a hug once in a while.     Hug   

Fuck dead Jesus.   

Don't you think "Fuck Dead Jesus" would be a great name for a rock band?  lol
                                                         T4618
  • airportkid

Jesus Loves You.
(11-22-2023, 11:08 PM)Inkubus Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 10:17 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Thingymebog has done nothing to provoke such ire from anyone.  I don't know what your problem is.

Dafuq?

(11-21-2023, 06:20 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: [quote="pythagorean" pid='411618' dateline='1700574807']

While ridiculing children and their cultures and beliefs may on occasions give some adults gratifying illusions of Omnipotence and Omniscience, it is actually a form of antiintelectualknownothingism that inhibits and limits ones ability to learn new things.

The children of the world (like these Mexican children) have a lot to teach us adults, but we have to be willing to meet them half-way.

How many of these children's parents even know enough Spanish to teach you Tzotzil? Unlike their patents, who may not know a word of Spanish, these children probably took a course in Spanish in school, which makes teaching adults Tzotzil easier.

In my experience, here in Iowa, children are often asked to translate for their parents.

Learning Tzotzil from the locals

Tzotzil is a Maya language spoken in parts of Chiapas, Mexico. For many of these people Spanish is their second language. After six days of exploring Rio la Venta Canyon with my friend David Escobar Martinez we climbed out of the canyon and eventually came to this village where the curious children began to share with us their language, Tzotzil.

Quote:I've been on this forum and the previous TTA forum for almost 10 years and in all that time I've probably given maybe 3 negatives reps.  It's usually too much trouble to downvote someone.  I will converse with Christian tolls without giving them a negative rep. Even Stevie hasn't gotten a negative rep from me. 

Well congratulations, you've gone and done it.  You've just been given minus red vote from me.  Why?  Because you are one of the most annoying posters I've ever come in contact with.

You do realize that pythagorean and thingymebob are not the same person.
                                                         T4618
  • adey67

Jesus Loves You.
Dancefortwo, you can not be serious? pythagorean is a serial sock.

I know he is.

Jesus Loves You.
(11-22-2023, 11:14 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 11:08 PM)Inkubus Wrote: Dafuq?

You do realize that pythagorean and thingymebob are not the same person.

No he doesn't realize that. Pythagorean and Thingymeblob couldn't be any different. He's got this silly idea in his head and won't budge. I've tried to tell him but he's not listening.

I think that he also thinks that Dexta is somehow implicated.

It's hard to admit that you're wrong Inkubus but I think that you owe Dexta an apology. Don't care about the other dude with the massive text and pointless videos.
The following 2 users Like Rainprooffredturnip's post:
  • Dancefortwo, adey67

Jesus Loves You.
Hello Rainprooffredturnip.
The following 1 user Likes Inkubus's post:
  • c172

Jesus Loves You.
(11-22-2023, 11:35 PM)Rainprooffredturnip Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 11:14 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: You do realize that pythagorean and thingymebob are not the same person.

No he doesn't realize that. Pythagorean and Thingymeblob couldn't be any different. He's got this silly idea in his head and won't budge. I've tried to tell him but he's not listening.

It's hard to admit that you're wrong Inkubus but I think that you owe Dexta an apology. Don't care about the other dude with the massive text and pointless videos.

Yes, Thingy and I both have grown transgender kids and have sent each other private messages and talked frequently about our experiences raising a transgender kid.  Thingy is British.  Pythagorean is Spanish or Mexican or something.  They are two completely different people.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • adey67, Rainprooffredturnip

Jesus Loves You.
(11-22-2023, 08:04 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 06:33 PM)adey67 Wrote: Now that's more like it a very funny post.

Anita Bryant was a bigot and a hateful women.  She campaigned against women's rights and was a huge anti gay Chritisan activists.  She wanted women to remain in the kitchen while being subservient to their husbands.  She campaigned for discrimination against gay people. She deserved that fucking pie in her face.

I was referring to the joke not the video, I had absolutely no idea who the woman was.

Jesus Loves You.
I don't think they're the same person I could be wrong but I don't think I am. In the interest of fairness I looked at a lot of the Pythagoreans posts and they're perfect as in written in perfect American English, not one slip up not one single English aphorism or spelling, favourite always spelt favorite no u in colour or honour, not one single mistake or even a suggestion of Britishness that I could see so either they're not the same person or Thingy has been balls deep in American culture for years and is insanely good at what he does, enough to fool another Brit.
Edit for grammatical and contextual errors
The following 3 users Like adey67's post:
  • pythagorean, Dancefortwo, Rainprooffredturnip

Jesus Loves You.
(11-23-2023, 02:55 PM)adey67 Wrote: I don't think they're the same person I could be wrong but I don't think I am. In the interest of fairness I looked a lot of the Pythagoreans posts and they're perfect as in written in perfect American English, not one slip up not one single English aphorism or spelling, favourite always spelt favorite no u in colour or honour, not one single mistake or even a suggestion of Britishness that I could see so either they're not the same person or the guy has been balls deep in American culture for years and is insanely good at what he does.

Well, despite the fact that I flunked English 104, I'm an American. 

In fact, my wife and I were both born right here in America.

(The center of the world, the Axis Mundi, where heaven meets earth and hell, is also right here in America.)

Hymn of Faith and Happiness! 

Go Team!

Himno de fe y alegría - Grupo Niche - La mejor versión - América de Cali 2016 

Here's a live version.

Grupo Niche concierto en Calentura feria de Cali 2019

[Image: 52008593506_5fc93fe3aa_o.png]

[Image: 51958013019_bfd94069f7_o.jpg]
test

Jesus Loves You.
(11-23-2023, 02:20 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 08:04 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Anita Bryant was a bigot and a hateful women.  She campaigned against women's rights and was a huge anti gay Chritisan activists.  She wanted women to remain in the kitchen while being subservient to their husbands.  She campaigned for discrimination against gay people. She deserved that fucking pie in her face.

I was referring to the joke not the video, I had absolutely no idea who the woman was.

She's pretty well known in these parts.
test
The following 1 user Likes pythagorean's post:
  • adey67

Jesus Loves You.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Jesus Loves You.
(11-22-2023, 06:28 PM)adey67 Wrote: Fuck me mate. Maybe try and lighten up a bit, I'm beginning to see why some folks have issues with you, the cock womble who started this thread was a drive by troll he's earned his ridicule twice over.

Is mere ridicule the point, or is the point to challenge our social conditioning and our beliefs and try to induce critical thought.

It seems to me that if the basic insight of atheism is that God didn't make humans, but rather, human cultures made God, then mere pedestrian ridicule does nothing to challenge anybody. In fact, it let's them off the hook.

On the other hand, the devil challenges Christians in very direct and historically relevant ways, every bit as much as the devil challenges us atheists, if not more, to get us all to think critically, and the devil has historically done this in humorous and creative ways.

I would maintain that the devil forces all of us to think critically about what it means to say that human cultures created God, and not the other way around, and opens the door for change in humorous and creative ways, and is much more of a challenge than rather pedestrian forms of ridicule that are easily dismissed.

And by challenging people with science, it can get people actually thinking about science, once folks can get past their socially conditioned satanic panic.

The Devil and Commodity Fetishism in South America

Michael T. Taussig

PDF: https://selforganizedseminar.files.wordp...modity.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/Devil-Commodity-F...0807871338

[Image: 52616722841_54f9391581_o.jpg]
test
The following 1 user Likes pythagorean's post:
  • adey67

Jesus Loves You.
The devil, just like godiboi is make believe.

Show me one thing you can demonstrate about jebus or lucy without the aid of your stupid book.
You know, like how I can demonstrate that water can be a solid, liquid, or gas without the use of an evil science book.
The following 3 users Like no one's post:
  • Minimalist, Dancefortwo, brewerb

Jesus Loves You.
(11-23-2023, 05:46 PM)pythagorean Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 06:28 PM)adey67 Wrote: Fuck me mate. Maybe try and lighten up a bit, I'm beginning to see why some folks have issues with you, the cock womble who started this thread was a drive by troll he's earned his ridicule twice over.

Is mere ridicule the point, or is the point to challenge our social conditioning and our beliefs and try to induce critical thought.

It seems to me that if the basic insight of atheism is that God didn't make humans, but rather, human cultures made God, then mere pedestrian ridicule does nothing to challenge anybody. In fact, it let's them off the hook.

On the other hand, the devil challenges Christians in very direct and historically relevant ways, every bit as much as the devil challenges us atheists, if not more, to get us all to think critically, and the devil has historically done this in humorous and creative ways.

I would maintain that the devil forces all of us to think critically about what it means to say that human cultures created God, and not the other way around, and opens the door for change in humorous and creative ways, and is much more of a challenge than rather pedestrian forms of ridicule that are easily dismissed.

And by challenging people with science, it can get people actually thinking about science, once folks can get past their socially conditioned satanic panic.

The Devil and Commodity Fetishism in South America

Michael T. Taussig

PDF: https://selforganizedseminar.files.wordp...modity.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/Devil-Commodity-F...0807871338

[Image: 52616722841_54f9391581_o.jpg]

Well I can't argue with your logic my guy. An interesting post, thanks for responding  Thumbs Up.
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • pythagorean

Jesus Loves You.
(11-23-2023, 06:02 PM)no one Wrote: The devil, just like godiboi is make believe.

Show me one thing you can demonstrate about jebus or lucy without the aid of your stupid book.

What makes the book stupid?

That it was written by an Anthropologist?

That it discusses History?

Or is it just that you are interested in some sciences more than other sciences?

That's different from a book being stupid. 

[Image: quote-i-am-not-interested-in-what-today-...-52-58.jpg]

Quote:You know, like how I can demonstrate that water can be a solid, liquid, or gas without the use of an evil science book.

You might like this. Feynman was a hell of a teacher. Much better than I am. By the way, why is ice slippery?

The complete FUN TO IMAGINE with Richard Feynman

test

Jesus Loves You.
(11-22-2023, 11:35 PM)Rainprooffredturnip Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 11:14 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: You do realize that pythagorean and thingymebob are not the same person.

Well now Mister seventeen posts, what remarkable interest you show for one so new.

Jesus Loves You.
(11-23-2023, 07:15 PM)Inkubus Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 11:35 PM)Rainprooffredturnip Wrote: No he doesn't realize that. Pythagorean and Thingymeblob couldn't be any different. He's got this silly idea in his head and won't budge. I've tried to tell him but he's not listening.

Well now Mister seventeen posts, what remarkable interest you show for one so new.

That's because he's me.

Barbara Demming said it best.

"We are all part of one another"

You are too hung up on the existence of the individual.

We are All Part of One Another (nonviolenceinternational.net)

[Image: We_are_all_part_of_one_another_-_Deming.jpg?1584740666]

We Are All Part of One Another: Barbara... by Meyerding, Jane (amazon.com)
test

Jesus Loves You.
(11-23-2023, 07:15 PM)Inkubus Wrote:
(11-22-2023, 11:35 PM)Rainprooffredturnip Wrote: No he doesn't realize that. Pythagorean and Thingymeblob couldn't be any different. He's got this silly idea in his head and won't budge. I've tried to tell him but he's not listening.

Well, I've been here for years, Inkubus.   Thingymebob and Pythagorean are two completely different people.  Thingy's post are short and to the point.  Usually just a few words.  He uses British terminology and expressions.  He's British and very reserved and quite shy.  I've had private conversations with him.  I think he has Irish heritage somewhere in his background. 

Pythagorean is probably Spanish with an over the top kind of personality.  He's rather uncontrolled, and has an exaggerated view of the world.   These are two different people and two different personalities.  

Perhaps you should ask yourself why you are harping on this so much.  If you don't like Pythagorean just put him on "ignore" and be done with it.  

Geesh.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • adey67, pythagorean, Rainprooffredturnip