Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HI EVERYONE! I'M BAAAAAACK! D42 checking in.

So how's it going everyone?  I took almost a year off.  

I'm the same.  Still a little  bit bitchy but a whole lot silly.  Still an atheist, still taking ballet classes, still can't spell for shit.

I'm getting further into making historical costumes and planning on opening an Etsy shop to sell my stuff in a few months.  

Tell me all the latest shit going on in your life.
                                                         T4618
The following 12 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dom, Szuchow, Deesse23, Bucky Ball, Inkubus, isbelldl, Thumpalumpacus, adey67, c172, Fireball, Astreja, Unsapien

(05-30-2023, 12:27 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: So how's it going everyone?  I took almost a year off.  

I'm the same.  Still a little  bit bitchy but a whole lot silly.  Stll an atheist, still taking ballet classes, still can't spell for shit.

I'm getting further into making historical costumes and planning on opening an Etsy shop to sell my stuff in a few months.  

I have wondered a lot lately whatever may have happened to you! I think this was your longest break ever.

My shit is pretty much the same old, you'll find some new fun people here. Forum has been sailing fairly smoothly.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Unsapien

You may pass, friend.   Gandalf
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Unsapien

(05-30-2023, 12:32 AM)Dom Wrote:
(05-30-2023, 12:27 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: So how's it going everyone?  I took almost a year off.  

I'm the same.  Still a little  bit bitchy but a whole lot silly.  Stll an atheist, still taking ballet classes, still can't spell for shit.

I have wondered a lot lately whatever may have happened to you! I think this was your longest break ever.

My shit is pretty much the same old, you'll find some new fun people here. Forum has been sailing fairly smoothly.

Great to hear!  I just needed a break.  I missed you guys though.
                                                         T4618

(05-30-2023, 12:34 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: You may pass, friend.   Gandalf

Ask me the question, Bridgekeeper, I am not afraid. 

"What is your favorite color?"

Blue....NO RED!  NO GREEN!  AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Deesse23, Gwaithmir

Hey, darlin', how's it going.

Still retired.  Still alive and kicking. The dog rescue is up to its eyebrows in puppies.

Otherwise, SS-DD.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(05-30-2023, 01:11 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Hey, darlin', how's it going.

Still retired.  Still alive and kicking. The dog rescue is up to its eyebrows in puppies.

Otherwise, SS-DD.

Hi Min!  Always nice to see you and your Egyptian avatar are still errect.    Big Grin
                                                         T4618

Hello. I'm little more tattooed and little more buff, otherwise not much changed. Glad you're doing well.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Good to see you back, D42.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Dancefortwo

I'm the same.  Still a little  bit bitchy but a whole lot silly.  Still an atheist, still taking ballet classes, still can't spell for shit.

I typically drop out for a few months at a time, especially if I think I'm just repeating myself.

I've been retired for almost eight years and continue to read all of the books I collected when I didn't have enough time to read them, as well as a few new ones.  Recently I have found several books about the neurocognitive theory of dreaming to be the most compelling.  I've been highlighting passages and taking notes from them.  I also read some of Tolkien's incomplete works in the last year, like The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, The Children of Hurin, Beren and Luthien, The Fall of Gondolin, and The Fall of Numenor. Most of those are beautifully illustrated by Alan Lee.
The following 4 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Dancefortwo, c172, Cavebear

After you left, we were all packed, like sardines, in to a hand basket. I am glad you have returned.
The following 3 users Like no one's post:
  • Dom, Dancefortwo, Unsapien

(05-30-2023, 09:59 AM)Alan V Wrote:

I typically drop out for a few months at a time, especially if I think I'm just repeating myself.

I've been retired for almost eight years and continue to read all of the books I collected when I didn't have enough time to read them, as well as a few new ones.  Recently I have found several books about the neurocognitive theory of dreaming to be the most compelling.  I've been highlighting passages and taking notes from them.  I also read some of Tolkien's incomplete works in the last year, like The Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales, The Children of Hurin, Beren and Luthien, The Fall of Gondolin, and The Fall of Numenor.  Most of those are beautifully illustrated by Alan Lee.

Someday, you'll have to read Arwen's Journey: A Tale of Middle Earth (online) by Karlmir Stonewain.  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Alan V, Dancefortwo

Good to see you again, Dancey. Things in my corner haven't changed much, except that my son has joined the Marines and is currently training to be an artilleryman. Other than that, bidness as usual.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Unsapien

OMG she's back, run for your lives everyone!! Tongue Big Grin

(It's good to see you again girl  Hug)

I'm pretty much still the same although I've been using weed medicinally for about 7 months and boy what a difference it's made, I'm much more chilled and less anxious than I used to be.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Roger, D42, maintain present heading and altitude, expect climb to flight level three five in ten minutes, contact Nirvana approach on 120.475 when reaching Delerium Intersection.

Sun

I don't think the view from here has changed all that much, but your return will be like putting the lights back on in an abandoned room.

Welcome back!
The following 3 users Like airportkid's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Inkubus, Unsapien

Hello. Smile
The following 1 user Likes Peebothuhlu's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Suddenly, I feel like dancing.

Welcome back D42
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Welcome back
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Welcome back!  Smile
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(05-30-2023, 12:27 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Tell me all the latest shit going on in your life.

Most eagerly-awaited development:  The local concert bands have now resumed post COVID, and I am once again annoying people with my clarinet.   Dance

In other news, I reached 65, retired from my transcription gig and started taking university classes (going for a B.A. in Classics).
The following 4 users Like Astreja's post:
  • Dom, Dancefortwo, Inkubus, Unsapien

Nice to 'see' you again, D42.  Smile
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Hello D42,

I was also away for a bit, glad you're back.

There's IRL stuff , but most important is i celebrated 25 years being married this past May 30 to my wife! I got married at 24, so I have now been officially  married longer then I've not been married. Sorry, that sounded smarter in my head then when I typed it,.

Aren't I to get a letter from someone important like the Queen (nice trick if she can pull it off... Or King Chucky?)

Someone please just tell me that I get a (something unlocked) or a (power up ) a frolicking aside, @no one got an under-cooked taco you can chuck my way?

[in conclusion, yes I'm high]
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

The following 4 users Like Unsapien's post:
  • Dom, Fireball, Cavebear, Dancefortwo

(06-03-2023, 02:44 AM)Unsapien Wrote: Hello D42,

I was also away for a bit, glad you're back.

There's IRL stuff , but most important is i celebrated 25 years being married this past May 30 to my wife! I got married at 24, so I have now been officially  married longer then I've not been married. Sorry, that sounded smarter in my head then when I typed it,.

Aren't I to get a letter from someone important like the Queen (nice trick if she can pull it off... Or King Chucky?)

Someone please just tell me that I get a (something unlocked) or a (power up ) a frolicking aside, @no one got an under-cooked taco you can chuck my way?

[in conclusion, yes I'm high]

Congratulations on being married longer than you weren't!

You are hereby awarded a "power-ax" and 2 gold coins at whatever you are doing.

I don't make tacos, but I am sending a virtual uncooked shimp roll. When my State of Maryland finally organizes the newly-legal weed shops, I'll send another with "special herbs". ROFL2
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!
The following 3 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Unsapien, Dom, Astreja