Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicken is better than Jesus.

Chicken is real and actually died for you.

That's real love.
The following 4 users Like OMM's post:
  • adey67, Peebothuhlu, Astreja, vulcanlogician

....and chicken is good if fried, sauteed in olive oil, or barbequed!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • OMM, vulcanlogician

Chicken does tend to rise again if you eat it after it's been sitting out too long.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 5 users Like Dānu's post:
  • adey67, Fireball, OMM, Astreja, vulcanlogician

From what I've seen with holy communion chicken is tastier and more filling, when I used to eat Jesus I was struck by how small the meal was.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 3 users Like adey67's post:
  • epronovost, skyking, OMM

If you tithe chicken, chicken rewards you with eggs and/or baby chickens.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 4 users Like Dom's post:
  • adey67, Gwaithmir, skyking, OMM

The letters of Paul include forgeries, but the letters of Poultry do not.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov
The following 2 users Like Reltzik's post:
  • adey67, OMM

Also you can bathe chicken in it's own children to fry it.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 2 users Like Joods's post:
  • OMM, skyking

Oddly enough, jesus, tastes like Chicken Shawarma.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • OMM

Chicken on a stick?
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • OMM

(05-12-2023, 03:14 PM)OMM Wrote: Chicken is real and actually died for you.

That's real love.

Either way, it's still 'vicarious redemption' which some consider immoral.

I had honey barbecued chicken for supper last night. Much better than Christ on a stick.  Big Grin
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Fireball

Jesus was so resentful of the chicken, he was often seen choking it.
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • OMM

The one time I was tricked into attending a church service, at 8 (let's go for a walk, Grampa said) Jesus gave me a cracker and a sermon saying I was evil.  Later Gramma gave me a whole chicken thigh (with dumplings).

[Image: angry-jesus.jpg]

[Image: Chicken-and-Dumplings.jpg]

I liked the chicken and dumplings better... Big Grin
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Minimalist, Gwaithmir

(05-13-2023, 01:16 AM)Joods Wrote: Also you can bathe chicken in it's own children to fry it.

That that, BOC!!
So meager, symbolized by a puny cracker.
test signature

(05-18-2023, 03:22 AM)skyking Wrote:
(05-13-2023, 01:16 AM)Joods Wrote: Also you can bathe chicken in it's own children to fry it.

That that, BOC!!

BOC?
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Joods

Shit on a shingle is better than jesus.

The Chicken was brined and basted for our sins, and for our iniquities its giblets were ripped out.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Cavebear

(05-18-2023, 03:43 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(05-18-2023, 03:22 AM)skyking Wrote: That that, BOC!!

BOC?

Body of Christ
Mumbledy mumble

BOC BOC BOC to the flock.
test signature
The following 4 users Like skyking's post:
  • Cavebear, Fireball, Astreja, Joods

(05-18-2023, 05:39 AM)skyking Wrote:
(05-18-2023, 03:43 AM)Cavebear Wrote: BOC?

Body of Christ
Mumbledy mumble

BOC BOC BOC to the flock.

Thanks, my best guess was "Blood Of Christ". You know, like the wine is the symbolic version of. I thought they taught the "body" was the cracker. I know theory better than practices. But I couldn't find it in acronym lists... LOL!

(05-18-2023, 05:32 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: The Chicken was brined and basted for our sins, and for our iniquities its giblets were ripped out.

The chicken has nothing on the FSM!

[Image: he-boiled-for-your-sins-1200.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Bucky Ball, Gwaithmir, Joods

A few thoughts about chicken...  

Chicken chili isn't worth chewing.

Neither is chili on spaghetti.  Cincinnati is "famous" for "chili 5-ways".  I tried each version once on business travel.  The 2nd visit, I just ordered the chili "plain".  They seemed offended.  Decent plain chili though...

Poached chicken is only good for chicken salad and you need to add a lot to it anyway.

I visited Ft Worth once and the "chicken-fried steak" was recommended by the local office guys.  Trust me, a batter-fried steak with lame white sauce is not a reason to visit.  Just order a Delmonico or Rib-eye plain and medium rare.    They do that great.  However, the Ft Worth water gardens are spectacular.  I went there every day after work for weeks.

Chicken IS better than Jesus though (and Odin and Zeus and Osiris and Mithra and Jupiter, et al).  It's hard to cook a Jesus tenderly but thoroughly with a good egg and Panko flake coating.  Chicken is more (dare I say) "forgiving"?

Jesus scolds and promises.  Chickens just cluck politely.  And they give eggs.  Show me where Jesus gave out eggs!  I imagine a breakfast diner.  The waitress asks "OK Hon, da ya want an empty plate of Jesus or da ya want 2 eggs over easy with sausage"?

I'm in a rare mood today...  ROFL2
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Joods

(05-18-2023, 11:15 PM)Cavebear Wrote: A few thoughts about chicken...  

Chicken chili isn't worth chewing.

Neither is chili on spaghetti.  Cincinnati is "famous" for "chili 5-ways".  I tried each version once on business travel.  The 2nd visit, I just ordered the chili "plain".  They seemed offended.  Decent plain chili though...

Poached chicken is only good for chicken salad and you need to add a lot to it anyway.

I visited Ft Worth once and the "chicken-fried steak" was recommended by the local office guys.  Trust me, a batter-fried steak with lame white sauce is not a reason to visit.  Just order a Delmonico or Rib-eye plain and medium rare.    They do that great.  However, the Ft Worth water gardens are spectacular.  I went there every day after work for weeks.

[Image: fort-worth-water-gardens.jpg]photo upload site

Chicken IS better than Jesus though (and Odin and Zeus and Osiris and Mithra and Jupiter, et al).  It's hard to cook a Jesus tenderly but thoroughly with a good egg and Panko flake coating.  Chicken is more (dare I say) "forgiving"?

Jesus scolds and promises.  Chickens just cluck politely.  And they give eggs.  Show me where Jesus gave out eggs!  I imagine a breakfast diner.  The waitress asks "OK Hon, da ya want an empty plate of Jesus or da ya want 2 eggs over easy with sausage"?

I'm in a rare mood today...  ROFL2

Poached chicken is great for soups.

There are quite a few chicken-related foods I like:
  • Local Greek restaurant has a hot roast chicken sub that's worth driving halfway across the city.  Don't know what they use for a seasoning, possibly some kind of homemade seasoned salt, but it's really good.
  • Chopped liver with crispy chicken skins (gribenes), caramelized onions, and all the chicken fat left over from frying the skins.  Just about time to make another batch.
  • Chicken wings - we make our own Buffalo wings, and there's also a good take-out place in the neighbourhood.
  • Chicken burger, if I can find a good one.  A lot of them are just too dry.
  • And of course, fried chicken.  Preferably from a local restaurant or small regional chain, with mashed potatoes and gravy.
I'd add chicken fried rice to the list, but it's so rare to find a place that gets the flavours just right.  I'm convinced the gold standard is the batch we had in Grade 4 when our teacher ordered Chinese food for the entire class (we were studying China in geography class at the time).

There used to be an old dude who came into the tiny hole-in-the-wall mom and pop convenience market in the next town and cook up some chicken hindquarters. You never knew when he would show up. Best chicken I ever tasted, I have no idea what seasoning he used, it was his own creation. It was fried, but with a super thin crust. The crust was probably as much herbs and spices as flour. Just delicious.

(05-19-2023, 12:57 PM)Dom Wrote: There used to be an old dude who came into the tiny hole-in-the-wall mom and pop convenience market in the next town and cook up some chicken hindquarters. You never knew when he would show up. Best chicken I ever tasted, I have no idea what seasoning he used, it was his own creation. It was fried, but with a super thin crust. The crust was probably as much herbs and spices as flour. Just delicious.

I learned about fried tandoori chicken earlier this week. There may be a more perfect food, but if so, I'm unaware of it.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Dom