Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One less asshole

One less asshole
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-64...gn=KARANGA

Quote:Mozambique pastor dies attempting 40-day Jesus fast

A pastor in Mozambique has died after trying to fast for 40 days, emulating what Christ is said to have done in the Bible.
Francisco Barajah, founder of the Santa Trindade Evangelical Church, died at a hospital in the city of Beira, where he was evacuated in critical condition.
After 25 days without food or water, he had lost weight to the point where he could not stand up. He was aged 39.

You know what?  Fucking jesus didn't do it either.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Cavebear, GenesisNemesis

One less asshole
(02-16-2023, 07:23 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-64...gn=KARANGA

Quote:Mozambique pastor dies attempting 40-day Jesus fast

A pastor in Mozambique has died after trying to fast for 40 days, emulating what Christ is said to have done in the Bible.
Francisco Barajah, founder of the Santa Trindade Evangelical Church, died at a hospital in the city of Beira, where he was evacuated in critical condition.
After 25 days without food or water, he had lost weight to the point where he could not stand up. He was aged 39.

You know what?  Fucking jesus didn't do it either.

I always applaud when fools eliminate themselves. I love the Darwin Awards. We need more of such people to "improve the gene pool". All Bubbas, Good Old Boys, and theists are invited to participate. Chuckle
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Minimalist, Gwaithmir

One less asshole
Assholes are akin to that Sammael creature, two arise for each one that falls.

One less asshole
I read about a monk who was trying to mummify himself by reducing his food intake. He was down to one grain of rice a day before he died. They even had pictures.

And it was an absolutely reliable source, The National Inquirer.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Inkubus

One less asshole
(02-16-2023, 11:48 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I read about a monk who was trying to mummify himself by reducing his food intake. He was down to one grain of rice a day before he died. They even had pictures.

Self crucifixion, you just can't get that last nail in: this bloke did though.

Quote:SEOUL, South Korea — A South Korean taxi driver found dead and nailed to a cross in an apparent re-creation of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ probably carried out the ordeal on his own, police said Wednesday.

The 58-year-old man was wearing only underwear and a crown of thorns when he was found May 1 — one week after Easter — in an abandoned stone quarry in the country’s south. His hands and feet were nailed to the cross, there was a stab wound in his abdomen and nylon strings were tied around his neck. Kim is believed to have nailed his feet to the cross, tied his neck to it and stabbed himself in the side. He is then believed to have drilled holes in his hands and slipped them over nails on the cross, Gyeongbuk Provincial Police Agency officers said, describing the death under condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak to the press.

Daft cunt of the century.
The following 1 user Likes Inkubus's post:
  • Gwaithmir

One less asshole
The religion of love, ain't it.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

One less asshole
Well at least he was a legit believer. Most of the "believers" I know only seem to believe when it is convenient.
The following 1 user Likes rocinantexyz's post:
  • Fireball

One less asshole
(02-17-2023, 01:42 AM)rocinantexyz Wrote: Well at least he was a legit believer. Most of the "believers" I know only seem to believe when it is convenient.

Who worries you more?
On hiatus.

One less asshole
(02-17-2023, 03:04 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Who worries you more?
Not sure, but I hate hypocrites.

One less asshole
(02-17-2023, 01:09 AM)Inkubus Wrote:
(02-16-2023, 11:48 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I read about a monk who was trying to mummify himself by reducing his food intake. He was down to one grain of rice a day before he died. They even had pictures.

Self crucifixion, you just can't get that last nail in: this bloke did though.

Quote:SEOUL, South Korea — A South Korean taxi driver found dead and nailed to a cross in an apparent re-creation of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ probably carried out the ordeal on his own, police said Wednesday.

The 58-year-old man was wearing only underwear and a crown of thorns when he was found May 1 — one week after Easter — in an abandoned stone quarry in the country’s south. His hands and feet were nailed to the cross, there was a stab wound in his abdomen and nylon strings were tied around his neck. Kim is believed to have nailed his feet to the cross, tied his neck to it and stabbed himself in the side. He is then believed to have drilled holes in his hands and slipped them over nails on the cross, Gyeongbuk Provincial Police Agency officers said, describing the death under condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak to the press.

Daft cunt of the century.

Doesn't it seem odd that this god guy, who is always telling people to do one thing or another, never whispers in the ear of one of these clowns and says "STOP IT, SHITHEAD!"
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

One less asshole
(02-17-2023, 03:49 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Doesn't it seem odd that this god guy, who is always telling people to do one thing or another, never whispers in the ear of one of these clowns and says "STOP IT, SHITHEAD!"

God DOES do that, all the time, but everyone mistakes it for the voice of satan - or their own conscience.

One less asshole
When do you think Rep. George Santos will claim he himself was nailed to a cross and died in a quarry?  Consider
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 1 user Likes Chas's post:
  • Aliza

One less asshole
(02-17-2023, 03:44 AM)rocinantexyz Wrote:
(02-17-2023, 03:04 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Who worries you more?
Not sure, but I hate hypocrites.

You're gonna need a bigger plough.
On hiatus.

One less asshole
“The human race has suffered for centuries and is still suffering from the mental disorder known as religion, and atheism is the only physician that will be able to effect a permanent cure.” (Joseph Lewis)  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

One less asshole
Pastor Dies Attempting To Copy Jesus' 40 Day Fast 

February 16, 2023

Barajah was the founder of the Santa Trindade Evangelical Church in the central province of Manica. A Mozambican pastor, Francisco Barajah, has died after fasting for 40 days, in an attempt to copy Jesus Christ who is recorded in the Bible to have fasted for 40 days. 

https://saharareporters.com/2023/02/16/p...0-day-fast

One less asshole
Should be joined with "One Less Asshole" thread that covers the same incident

One less asshole
Merged
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • Vic2Ree

One less asshole
(02-17-2023, 09:39 PM)airportkid Wrote: Should be joined with "One Less Asshole" thread that covers the same incident

Oh, my bad. Should have scanned around before making the post.

One less asshole
Religionists have an excuse for this too, they'll just claim he was a false prophet or whatever. In reality it proves religion is bullshit.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

One less asshole
And here I thought all of us humans were idiots. I guess everything's relative.
The following 1 user Likes Alan V's post:
  • Dom