Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stupidest thing you saw today

I'll start.

Someone online just asked why he, who is for Putin and the war, should be sent to fight the war. They should only mobilise those who are against the war because they are traitors and deserve to die and because otherwise no sane, right-minded people would remain.

The astronomical number of ways in which this makes absolutely no sense and pretty much annihilates all logic and thought...

[Image: BountifulCircularEuropeanfiresalamander-max-1mb.gif]

(And no, it was NOT sarcasm,)
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 3 users Like Vera's post:
  • Szuchow, Cavebear, Deesse23

This was yesterday, but I was picking up some dishcloths at Walmart. There was a woman with a shopping cart asking every person in her path where the checkout registers were. Sample answer: "I don't work at this store, Ma'am." 

The registers are at the front of the store by the entrance. It's not possible to enter the store without passing them. 

She did look kind of out of it. She was wearing joggers (pants with elastic around the ankles) and one side had was stuck at the top of her calf while the other was at her ankle. She had red streaks on her face that looked to have been drawn on with a marker. I pointed her towards the registers, she said thanks, and then headed in a different direction. Continuing to ask the question. 

Okay, this wasn't the stupidest thing I saw; it was the saddest.
god, ugh

Schizophrenia, perhaps.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Biden cocking up yet another simple sentence.

Trump being still alive.

(09-21-2022, 09:53 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: Biden cocking up yet another simple sentence.

Well, he has a speech impediment, you know.   As a kid he stuttered.  

Anyway, the stupidest thing I saw today was my pile of laundry.   There is just so damned much of it because I went on a vacation to Zion National Park and haven't washed anything in two weeks.
                                                         T4618

I missed his goof up.

In fact, I don't think I've seen anything stupid happen today. Yay?

ETA: I almost typed "stuped".
Is this sig thing on?

It was a good day ... I didn't have to use my "I say" ...
On hiatus.

(09-21-2022, 07:41 PM)Vera Wrote: I'll start.

Someone online just asked why he, who is for Putin and the war, should be sent to fight the war. They should only mobilise those who are against the war because they are traitors and deserve to die and because otherwise no sane, right-minded people would remain.

The astronomical number of ways in which this makes absolutely no sense and pretty much annihilates all logic and thought...

[Image: BountifulCircularEuropeanfiresalamander-max-1mb.gif]

(And no, it was NOT sarcasm,)

In a sense, only the stupid die for someone else's cause. The smart ones live to convince other stupids to die for their (smart ones) own benefit. There are exceptions (like national or local or family existence), of course. Dodgy

Well, I looked in the mirror.

Boo.

@julep This is so sad. Sadcryface Life is hard enough as it is, without your brain turning against you. Or not having all the necessary tools to deal with what is, a hard, often cruel world...

"She took the hand towel, wiped down her tooth-brush, and then the counter."

What in the name of all that is clean and hygienic?! Who wipes their TOOTHBRUSH with a HAND TOWEL and THEN proceeds to smear all those juicy bacteria on the counter?!?!?

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

I haven't seen MTG's face yet today, so the rest of the world is still in the running.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(09-22-2022, 01:50 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(09-21-2022, 09:53 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: Biden cocking up yet another simple sentence.

Well, he has a speech impediment, you know.   As a kid he stuttered.  

Not great when you are trying to get a point across but there you go... Saying that, he still makes more sense than your last buffoon.

(09-22-2022, 06:33 PM)Thingymebob Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 01:50 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Well, he has a speech impediment, you know.   As a kid he stuttered.  

Not great when you are trying to get a point across but there you go... Saying that, he still makes more sense than your last buffoon.

Speaking of our last baffoon.  I hate to bring this up in Vera's thread and I apologize in advance for this, Vera.  Please forgive me but this REALLY IS one of the stupidest things I saw today.   Our former Orange president claims he can declassify government documents simply by "thinking about it."  No I'm not kidding, he really said this.  

Quote: “There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it. You’re the president of the United States. You can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.” 

Facepalm
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(09-22-2022, 06:58 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 06:33 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: Not great when you are trying to get a point across but there you go... Saying that, he still makes more sense than your last buffoon.

Speaking of our last baffoon.  I hate to bring this up in Vera's thread and I apologize in advance for this, Vera.  Please forgive me but this REALLY IS one of the stupidest things I saw today.   Our former Orange president claims he can declassify government documents simply by "thinking about it."  No I'm not kidding, he really said this.  

Quote: “There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it. You’re the president of the United States. You can declassify just by saying, ‘It’s declassified.’ Even by thinking about it.” 

Facepalm

I'm sure Vera won't mind, pretty easy going in my experience.
The following 3 users Like Thingymebob's post:
  • Vera, Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus

Facepalm

[Image: 6uc80w.jpg]

Hey, he fits perfectly in this thread. Only problem is, he might fill it all himself...

Rowan Atkinson apparently has/had a stutter which is why he over-enunciates the sound b. Girl_yes2

• Dancefortwo, Inkubus, Cavebear

(09-22-2022, 07:05 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: I'm sure Vera won't mind, pretty easy going in my experience.

[Image: summer-child-my-sweet-summer-child.gif]

hobo

Chuckle

Dog
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Thingymebob

(09-22-2022, 07:10 PM)Vera Wrote:

Facepalm

[Image: 6uc80w.jpg]

Hey, he fits perfectly in this thread. Only problem is, he might fill it all himself...

Rowan Atkinson apparently has/had a stutter which is why he over-enunciates the sound b.  Girl_yes2

I did not know that about Rowan Atkinson.  He's one of my favorite people.   Heart
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Vera

(09-22-2022, 07:47 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 07:10 PM)Vera Wrote: [Image: 6uc80w.jpg]

Rowan Atkinson apparently has/had a stutter which is why he over-enunciates the sound b.  Girl_yes2

I did not know that about Rowan Atkinson.  He's one of my favorite people.   Heart

I remember him in 'Not the nine o'clock news' back in the day. Blackadder was probably the best thing that he has, or will ever be involved in.
The following 1 user Likes Thingymebob's post:
  • Vera

Blackadder is sheer brilliance (not a fan of the first season, might rewatch it though but I've only seen it once or twice; I much prefer him as the cunning Blackadder as opposed to the historical Mr. Bean they had going in the first season).

I rather like him too, pity so many seem to think of him as Mr. Bean. He's a very intelligent and funny man.

@Dancefortwo Would you vote for him?

I don't know what it says about me but I've laughed and laughed and LAUGHED at this one. Dance, seeing as your hubby is into theatre and Shakespeare, if I remember correctly, you might appreciate this one as well  Girl_yes2

And of course Gerald the Talking Gorilla, it's glorious!

• Thingymebob, Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus

(09-22-2022, 08:12 PM)Vera Wrote: Blackadder is sheer brilliance (not a fan of the first season, might rewatch it though but I've only seen it once or twice; I much prefer him as the cunning Blackadder as opposed to the historical Mr. Bean they had going in the first season).

I rather like him too, pity so many seem to think of him as Mr. Bean. He's a very intelligent and funny man.

@Dancefortwo Would you vote for him?

I don't know what it says about me but I've laughed and laughed and LAUGHED at this one. Dance, seeing as your hubby is into theatre and Shakespeare, if I remember correctly, you might appreciate this one as well  Girl_yes2

And of course Gerald the Talking Gorilla, it's glorious!

I was in my early teens watching this stuff, although all of the people involved in alternative comedy were university educated, they really struck a chord with the Plebs.
I always hoped that they understood our plight and were on our side... They certainly didn't hold back from taking the Mick out of the upper classes.
They're all multi millionaire's now of course.
  • Vera

On another forum a poster is saying the V'gers should be taking better pictures than the JWST because they're "farther from Earth."
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Vera

(09-22-2022, 09:45 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: I was in my early teens watching this stuff, although all of the people involved in alternative comedy were university educated, they really struck a chord with the Plebs.
I always hoped that they understood our plight and were on our side... They certainly didn't hold back from taking the Mick out of the upper classes.

At least they brought joy to many many people. Unlike most other millionaires.

And for all the Bojos and other Eton/Harrow twats, there seems to be a respectable number of Atkinsons and David Gilmours, for example.

Back when I used to watch QI, I was really amazed at how many of the comedians had serious university education (like engineering or physics). Comedy here is... well, like most other things, an exercise in puerile vulgarity, pandering to the lowest common denominator (and believe you me, it's lower than the Mariana trench). What little "intelligent" humour there used to be is long since dead and buried.

Not that one needs university education for comedy of course... Ronnie Barker, for example, didn't have one and I really like him...
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Thingymebob

(09-22-2022, 10:02 PM)Vera Wrote:
(09-22-2022, 09:45 PM)Thingymebob Wrote: I was in my early teens watching this stuff, although all of the people involved in alternative comedy were university educated, they really struck a chord with the Plebs.

At least they brought joy to many many people. Unlike most other millionaires.

And for all the Bojos and other Eton/Harrow twats, there seems to be a respectable number of Atkinsons and David Gilmours, for example.

Back when I used to watch QI, I was really amazed at how many of the comedians had serious university education (like engineering or physics). Comedy here is... well, like most other things, an exercise in puerile vulgarity, pandering to the lowest common denominator (and believe you me, it's lower than the Mariana trench). What little "intelligent" humour there used to be is long since dead and buried.

Not that one needs university education for comedy of course... Ronnie Barker, for example, didn't have one and I really like him...

I really liked Sean Lock.
Proper funny. He cracked me up.
ETA. Google Sean Locks best bits the tiger who came for a pint.
  • Vera