Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loppy cats

Loppy cats
So tell me how do I apply this fipronil shit?

[Image: how_to_apply_spot_on_treatments_to_cats_9692_orig.jpg]

Fuck off!

[Image: applying-flea-treatment-on-cat.jpg]

Fuck off!

[Image: image.cfm?name=bravecto-04.jpg&id=492678]

Fuck right off!

A cat's fur is a dense as a Persian carpet so how do I expose enough skin to make the stuff work? I've tried using a comb to separate his fur then with a magicians slight of hand fetch the medicine with the other hand and squish it onto his neck. NFG! He knows nicely I'm up to something so he legs it.

Non Sphynx cat owners please advise.

Loppy cats
Pet and try to scratch that spot with the open vial. Yes, it can be tricky with some cats. And dogs.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Inkubus

Loppy cats
Get yourself one of those "Honey, I shrunk the kids" machines. Shrink yourself, wait for your feline friend to take a little nappy naps. Once the animal is sedated, apply said Fipronil directly to the skin.

Do I have to think of everything?
This job does not pay enough.
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • Inkubus, Unsapien

Loppy cats
(08-31-2022, 01:08 PM)Dom Wrote: Pet and try to scratch that spot with the open vial. Yes, it can be tricky with some cats. And dogs.

I tried that but when you cut the tip off the pipette the edges are are razor sharp, touch him once and he's off like a rat out of an aqueduct.
Three doses this week and non have taken, the ungrateful little shit.

Loppy cats
(08-31-2022, 01:27 PM)no one Wrote: Get yourself one of those "Honey, I shrunk the kids" machines. Shrink yourself, wait for your feline friend to take a little nappy naps. Once the animal is sedated, apply said Fipronil directly to the skin.

Where can I buy chloroform?

Loppy cats
Grab him by the scruff of his neck so he can't escape. He won't even try to because that's how the mother cat carries him around as a kitten. Then just apply the stuff there on his neck. That's about the best I can advise. Or have the vet apply it.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 2 users Like Joods's post:
  • Inkubus, Dom

Loppy cats
(08-31-2022, 02:45 PM)Joods Wrote: Grab him by the scruff of his neck so he can't escape. He won't even try to because that's how the mother cat carries him around as a kitten. Then just apply the stuff there on his neck. That's about the best I can advise. Or have the vet apply it.

I'll try that even though there may be blood. Vets around here charge £50 before your arse is even through the door.
The following 2 users Like Inkubus's post:
  • Joods, Gwaithmir

Loppy cats
Go to Amazon and buy yourself a pair of these.

https://www.amazon.com/Medieval-Articula...B06XRTWX9J

Quote:Medieval Articulated Gauntlets with Brass Accents

Let's see the little fuckers get through those.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Fireball

Loppy cats
Can you squeeze the stuff onto maybe a cotton ball or a q-tip or something and then rub it on the fur?  You won't get as much on as you would from the little bottle but it's better than nothing.   Just a thought.
                                                         T4618

Loppy cats
(08-31-2022, 02:45 PM)Joods Wrote: Grab him by the scruff of his neck so he can't escape. He won't even try to because that's how the mother cat carries him around as a kitten. Then just apply the stuff there on his neck. That's about the best I can advise. Or have the vet apply it.

Agreed.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Joods

Loppy cats
Trade the cat in for a cat shaped stuffed pillow.

Sun

Loppy cats
Hehe, I was literally curisng about this very same thing last night. Not so much the making them stand still as the "apply on skin". Um, have you seen how thick cat's fur is, motherfecker?!?  Dodgy I finally managed to maybe reach a bit of skin last night instead of a whole bunch of fur, so fingers crossed but...

(08-31-2022, 02:59 PM)Inkubus Wrote: I'll try that even though there may be blood. Vets around here charge £50 before your arse is even through the door.

More than once my vet has just charged me for the medication when I've taken cats to him. His office is also literally next street so I've dropped by simply to ask questions when a cat was sick (after treatment but I was still worried). He's also giving us flea treatment for cheaper, in small syringes as opposed to the more expensive individually packaged ones (it's still the same treatment). He's great!

Speaking of great vets, I used to watch videos of this woman eating together with a small moneky and it was the cutest thing ever. I only discovered recently that she's Ukrainian (broke my heart for them, they're on Odessa) and she and her husband work with wild animals (not only; the monkey was a rescue, who, sadly, couldn't be released into the wild).

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago her husband had a heart attack/his heart stopped, and he had surgery (he;s doing alright!) and the love of that rescued monkey when he got home was just.... Blanky

This isn't the video after he came from the hospital but just look at that love Sadcryface

(I can't seem to post the facebook video so here's a twitter link. It really *is* adorable)

This is Tosya, the monkey, and Valentina eating things. The way Tosya looks at her...  Heart

“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Loppy cats
(08-31-2022, 02:59 PM)Inkubus Wrote:

I'll try that even though there may be blood. Vets around here charge £50 before your arse is even through the door.

Yeah, back east when I lived in Pennsylvania, it was $40 just to walk through the door. Here in Iowa, it's $20, a hell of a lot better and so we have already had five of our kitties seen because we could afford to do so. For that I'm grateful.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

Loppy cats
[Image: icon_quote.jpg]This guy:
Get yourself one of those "Honey, I shrunk the kids" machines. Shrink yourself, wait for your feline friend to take a little nappy naps. Once the animal is sedated, apply said Fipronil directly to the skin.

[Image: icon_quote.jpg] Incubus:
Where can I buy chloroform?

I know someone. It costs a pretty penny. Plus, I now I gotta charge you the "Do I have to do everything?" tax.

Loppy cats
Stick the applicator into the fur until it hits skin. Then pump it on.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Loppy cats
I used to have four cats and this trick always worked on all of them. I'd wait until the cat was fast asleep, then gently part the fur on the back of its neck with a comb. I'd then apply the liquid (it was seldom more than a drop or two) and rub it in with the tip of my little finger.  Winking
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Loppy cats
Humor, seriously humor. Don't actually do this...

1. Get 2 cat chill pills. One for you the other for the cat. You'll need it.

2. When the cat seems sedated, use an electric razor to expose a small patch of skin.

3. Apply triple antibiotic ointment to your hand and arms because the cat came alert at the the sound of the electric razor.

4. Give the cat another chill-pill wrapped in tuna,

5. Watch the cat not chill in spite of what would drug a cow.

6. Bring over 4 strong friends to hold the cat down.

7. Apply antibiotic ointment to your friends hands and arms and promise to buy them dinner.

8. Say farewell to your friends (who will never speak to you again)...

9. Attack your cat with the electric razor.

10. When you return from the hospital, the cat will be self-cured and grooming itself in perfect health.

12. Repeat as necessary.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

Loppy cats
Sadly, the warning is needed.

I'll send it to the hillbillies, without the warning.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]