Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslims going ape shit in Sweden

https://www.npr.org/2022/04/18/109328901...-in-sweden

Sorry if this has already been brought up and I missed it.  Islam being its usual savage self.  Fuck religion.

Somebody draw some more cartoons?
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Threatened to burn the Holy Book. Didn't even do it, just threatened, but more than enough reason to burn the place down.

I'm all in favor of burning holy books!

And then pissing on them to put out the fire.

I would drink a twelve-pack of beer and then hold it in all day just to not put out the fire.
The following 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • SYZ, Dancefortwo, adey67

Oh goody... another chance to take a swipe at Muslims:

[Image: 18386954_1525323450821814_1397304962_n-1.jpg]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 4 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Minimalist, brunumb, Gwaithmir, adey67

I saw reference in the linked article to "criminal gangs that intentionally target police" doing these riots, but not Muslims.

I personally think that if anyone doesn't like the culture of a country that takes them in as refugees, those unhappy with the host nation should move on.
On hiatus.
The following 7 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, Szuchow, Kim, Gwaithmir, Dom, Bucky Ball, BlackSheep

(04-22-2022, 07:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I saw reference in the linked article to "criminal gangs that intentionally target police" doing these riots, but not Muslims.

I personally think that if anyone doesn't like the culture of a country that takes them in as refugees, those unhappy with the host nation should move on.

Yeah but you know what I mean.  Causal factors overlap so it certainly isn't purely "Muslim = riot and destroy."  But it's enough of the damn causal pie chart to be pretty fucking disgusting.  Criminals, though, yes are going to take advantage of the situation and be inclined to anti-authority anti-cop activity anyway.  I support the first amendment, if people are happy believing their delusions they have the right to peaceably do so.

(04-23-2022, 12:54 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Yeah but you know what I mean.  Causal factors overlap so it certainly isn't purely "Muslim = riot and destroy."  But it's enough of the damn causal pie chart to be pretty fucking disgusting.  Criminals, though, yes are going to take advantage of the situation and be inclined to anti-authority anti-cop activity anyway.  I support the first amendment, if people are happy believing their delusions they have the right to peaceably do so.

How many of these rioters are Muslim, how many are criminal gangsters, is my point. Leaping to "this is Muslims being dicks" as your thread title insinuates is not actually supported by the article you linked. In that sense it's pretty much click-bait, on an atheist forum.
On hiatus.

(04-23-2022, 01:31 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: How many of these rioters are Muslim, how many are criminal gangsters, is my point. Leaping to "this is Muslims being dicks" as your thread title insinuates is not actually supported by the article you linked. In that sense it's pretty much click-bait, on an atheist forum.

How many do you think are not Muslim?  Do you really need links to anything?

(04-23-2022, 02:15 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: How many do you think are not Muslim?  Do you really need links to anything?

This discussion reminds me of the riots in the US - looters taking advantage of it all, innocent protesters getting blamed for it.

When there is any kind of upheaval, there will always be people taking advantage of the situation to do their thing.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • Deesse23, Kim, vulcanlogician

(04-23-2022, 02:15 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: How many do you think are not Muslim?  Do you really need links to anything?

I kinda like information, sure. Whatcha got?
On hiatus.

Consider
(04-22-2022, 12:21 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I would drink a twelve-pack of beer and then hold it in all day just to not put out the fire.

You know, you have to get your symbolism where you find it!

Quote:Muslims going ape shit in Sweden

Perhaps the cold has impacted their brains?

(04-23-2022, 03:27 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Perhaps the cold has impacted their brains?

Nah, the ones down where it's hot riot over this stuff even more easily.

It's definitely alarming, how Mulsims get angry about this whereas an atheist staging public burnings of Bibles in, say, rural Alabama or Tennessee would have nothing to fear.

Nope.  Not a single thing to fear.  No grounds to fear for their safety at all.   Shake

(And it's perfectly safe to have ground hamburger in your fridge in India!)
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov
The following 2 users Like Reltzik's post:
  • Kim, Dom

One of the cousins asked me, "What do you think of all the trouble the blacks are causing in Sweden?"

"Blacks?"

"Yeah, the 'code word' for blacks is 'Muslims'."

"Every been to King Khalid Military City?"

"No, where's it at?"

[sigh]
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(04-23-2022, 04:17 AM)Reltzik Wrote: Nah, the ones down where it's hot riot over this stuff even more easily.

It's definitely alarming, how Mulsims get angry about this whereas an atheist staging public burnings of Bibles in, say, rural Alabama or Tennessee would have nothing to fear.

Nope.  Not a single thing to fear.  No grounds to fear for their safety at all.   Shake

(And it's perfectly safe to have ground hamburger in your fridge in India!)

It's a misnomer that all of India is vegetarian. In fact, many provinces in india, generally in the southern areas, are very much carnivorous. There's even a foodie axiom that says, the further south you go, the more meat you'll find.

Dunno

Maybe we all choose our ignorance, until we see it. Shy

Muslims don't go ape shit. That would be supporting devolution. Alllah would wack them on the pee pee.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

(04-23-2022, 01:51 PM)Kim Wrote: It's a misnomer that all of India is vegetarian.  In fact, many provinces in india, generally in the southern areas, are very much carnivorous. There's even a foodie axiom that says, the further south you go, the more meat you'll find.

Dunno

Maybe we all choose our ignorance, until we see it.   Shy

Not just a foodie axiom, I think.   Modest 

I didn't know about the geographical distribution, which is interesting, but I wasn't thinking in terms of vegetarianism.  I was thinking more in terms of this.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov
The following 2 users Like Reltzik's post:
  • Dom, Kim

Quote:Cow vigilante violence in India

I have a sudden desire for a hamburger.
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Fireball

(04-23-2022, 04:07 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I have a sudden desire for a hamburger.

Veal, got to get them while their young.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • epronovost

There must have been something VERY attractive to Muslims about traditional Swedish society and culture that caused them to move from their native Muslim societies
and cultures, to Sweden and traditional Swedish culture. Maybe they should remember what that was all about.

Edit to add : Same goes for France.
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Kim

(04-23-2022, 03:14 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I kinda like information, sure. Whatcha got?

A buncha Muslims going apeshit.  Unless you think the people freaking out about burning Qurans are Mormons.

(04-23-2022, 05:00 PM)brewerb Wrote: Veal, got to get them while their young.

Egged, breaded, sauteed in olive oil with garlic, onions and peppers.

(04-23-2022, 06:50 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: A buncha Muslims going apeshit.  Unless you think the people freaking out about burning Qurans are Mormons.

I'd agree.  It's more than likely—even without evidential numbers—that the majority
of violent protesters will be Muslims at an Islamophobic public protest.  Sweden has
been concerned for some years at the increasing influx of immigrants, with Muslim
enclaves developing near a couple of their major cities.  

Sweden was very religiously neutral until Muslims started arriving, and they were also
considering a ban on burqas in public places when their numbers became more obvious.

Wherever they settle, Muslims cause discomfiture to the local population, demand special
societal dispensations, harbour potentially radical jihadists, reject and/or ignore established
local customs, and generally fail to fully assimilate with their new country's moral and ethical
standards.      Put simply, Islam is invariably a divisive force in Western societies.

[Image: 8494883_full-islam-is-a-religion-of-peac...se-org.jpg]

Pew Research Center has reported [March 2020] that Islam is the fastest-growing religious
group in the world compared to any other religious group. The research stated that in 2050
Islamics will comprise 30% of the world’s total population.

Grim
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Kim, adey67