Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy and dumb Hebrew Israelites becoming more violent

Racist Black Hebrew Israelites Becoming More Militant | Southern Poverty Law Center (house.gov)

(04-16-2022, 02:33 PM)Free2think Wrote: https://docs.house.gov/meetings/JU/JU08/20210224/111227/HHRG-117-JU08-20210224-SD009.pdf

Tell us about what you think of this article. What do you want us to notice or comment on? Please include a summary of the links you post so people who cannot or chose not to click can still get the main idea of the content of the link.
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • mordant, Gwaithmir

(04-16-2022, 02:37 PM)Aliza Wrote: Tell us about what you think of this article. What do you want us to notice or comment on? Please include a summary of the links you post so people who cannot or chose not to click can still get the main idea of the content of the link.

Yeah and also don't post dead links. Test them first.

(04-16-2022, 03:32 PM)mordant Wrote: Yeah and also don't post dead links. Test them first.

.... I did test it. Weird.

Broken link.     Thumbsdown
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(04-16-2022, 03:59 PM)SYZ Wrote: Broken link.     Thumbsdown

Fixed... hopefully this time for real.

QAnon is far more problematic than black Israelites. Not to mention your regular run of the mill Israelites. I would argue for a shift in priorities.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

(04-16-2022, 02:33 PM)Free2think Wrote: Racist Black Hebrew Israelites Becoming More Militant | Southern Poverty Law Center (house.gov)

Um... this report is 14 years out of date. Or am I missing something?      Huh
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Big Grin 

Time for its bar mitzvah!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • skyking

(04-16-2022, 05:55 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: QAnon is far more problematic than black Israelites. Not to mention your regular run of the mill Israelites. I would argue for a shift in priorities.

Q anon is discredited and pretty much dead.  Black Hebrew Israelites are on the rise. This is as recent as 2019 
https://newsone.com/3896309/jersey-city-...-suspects/

(04-16-2022, 06:51 PM)Free2think Wrote: Q anon is discredited and pretty much dead.  Black Hebrew Israelites are on the rise. This is as recent as 2019 
https://newsone.com/3896309/jersey-city-...-suspects/

If QAnon were dead, we wouldn't have a widespread movement against LBGTQ education demonizing LBGTQ people as pedophile "groomers". It still has influence.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

you have to download pdf or what ?!!

(04-16-2022, 07:07 PM)bibito71 Wrote: you have to download pdf or what ?!!

You can read it online. But as Genesis said, it's old.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

(04-16-2022, 06:59 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: If QAnon were dead, we wouldn't have a widespread movement against LBGTQ education demonizing LBGTQ people as pedophile "groomers". It still has influence.

You'll always have that Q anon or not. Those are just right wing views. Q anon was a nutty psyop aimed at the gullible on the right.

(04-16-2022, 07:08 PM)abaris Wrote: You can read it online. But as Genesis said, it's old.

SYZ said that.  Tongue
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • SYZ

(04-16-2022, 07:21 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: SYZ said that.  Tongue

OK, let's leave it at someone said it. Big Grin
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(04-16-2022, 07:17 PM)Free2think Wrote: You'll always have that Q anon or not. Those are just right wing views. Q anon was a nutty psyop aimed at the gullible on the right.

Really? Prior to Trump I mostly heard paranoia about "communism" but not pedophiles. Yes, I know the Satanic panic happened decades ago, but it seemed like it had at least died down for some period of time.

(04-16-2022, 07:28 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Really? Prior to Trump I mostly heard paranoia about "communism" but not pedophiles. Yes, I know the Satanic panic happened decades ago, but it seemed like it had at least died down for some period of time.

Popular right wing views that Q anon used to gain traction. They existed before Q anon was a thing.