Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter Olympics

Winter Olympics
The pairs skating on the last Sunday evening was pretty good.
I had not been paying attention to any of it, at all, until then. I thought the name "mono-Bob" was funny, ... I never heard before.
I always used to say "lets watch some skaters fall down", but seriously,
the quality of at least some of it, was vastly improved this time, at least on Sunday evening it was.
The best Chinese pairs, and the couple that won, were really amazing. I think it may have been the couple that came in 4th or 5th ... I really liked them the best.
No falls, perfect execution of their technical maneuvers and spins and throws. I assumed they were going to win. Shows what I know.

For some strange reason, I have come to like golf. Mostly just being outside, going for a walk, "with a goal". I too used to say it was
"going for a walk, pushing a ball, and swearing at it". And that it still is. And now I do it too. Dodgy Weeping Dodgy
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Alan V, Thingymebob

Winter Olympics
I got enough of the Olympics on the news. I did hear it's not a big deal to be caught doping . In fact punish all the competitors in that event that did nothing wrong

I'm glad I boycotted
 All I know is that I know nothing
The following 1 user Likes Antonio's post:
  • SYZ

Winter Olympics
I'm looking forward to the Summer Olympics in Paris in 2024, so I can ignore it too.
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Minimalist, Thumpalumpacus

Winter Olympics
NBC has the broadcast rights through 2032.  Ten more years of this shit for them.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Winter Olympics
10 more years of NBC for them.
Is this sig thing on?

Winter Olympics
(02-22-2022, 06:27 PM)Minimalist Wrote: ...NBC draws worst Olympics ratings ever with 2022 Beijing Winter Games

Similar thing happened here.  They rated pretty poorly over the entire boring two weeks,
and I'd be guessing that like NBC, our FTA Seven Network would've lost big dollars on the flop.

It was reported that NBC paid US$975 million for the rights.  The last two Olympics that
aired on NBC prior to Comcast’s acquisition of the company—Beijing 2008 and Vancouver
2010—failed to recoup their combined US$1.7 billion rights fee.       Ouch!

—I didn't watch more than 90 seconds all up LOL.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.