Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belief in Jesus Rising from the Dead not Dead Yet
Exclamation 
Belief in Jesus Rising from the Dead not Dead Yet
In March 2021, the Centre for Public Christianity (CPX) commissioned McCrindle to conduct an
online survey of 1,000 Australians. The survey was nationally representative by gender, age
(generation), and states and territories.

CPX is a not-for-profit media company that offers a Christian perspective on contemporary life.
We seek to promote the public understanding of the Christian faith by engaging mainstream
media and the general public with high quality and well-researched print, video, and audio
material about the relevance of Christianity in the 21st century.

It asked questions across these broad areas:

•  Is there more than we can see or touch?

•  Did Jesus rise from the dead?

•  Christian influence: For better or for worse?

•  Do you believe Christians have had a positive or negative impact in the following areas?

The results can be viewed HERE.

Then followed a few absurd extrapolations, plus a handful of blatant lies:

'Overall, the results suggest that Australians are perhaps surprisingly open to spiritual realities – in
particular the soul, meaning, and life after death, and especially among the younger age brackets.'

'When it comes to the resurrection, the most common response was “I don’t know”, with the number
of people declaring it certain or possible significantly higher than those who thought it unlikely, or
certain not to have happened.'

—In our 2016 Federal Census, only 52% of Australians describe themselves as "Christian", and with
that number having dropped by 7% during the past decade.  In the same period, people citing "no
religion" increased by 48%.  We have our next census later this month, and I'm expecting the 52%
Christian figure to drop well below the 50% point, with a possible increase in the atheist percentage.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Alan V, vulcanlogician, Gwaithmir