Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do birdwatchers in America dont see its their political system that is the problem?

Do birdwatchers in America dont see its their political system that is the problem?
I mean, communism is bad, and manipulation culture, the religious right and, above all, manginas.

Am I right or am I left?

Also, do sport fans in America dont see its silly to call it World Cup if its only Americans who play it.

[Image: tenor.gif]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 8 users Like Vera's post:
  • Alan V, Dom, jerry mcmasters, Bucky Ball, GenesisNemesis, vulcanlogician, Deesse23, Kim

I see what you did there!

Tongue
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dom, Bucky Ball

(07-28-2021, 04:56 PM)Vera Wrote: I mean, communism is bad, and manipulation culture, the religious right and, above all, manginas.

Am I right or am I left?

Also, do sport fans in America dont see its silly to call it World Cup if its only Americans who play it.

[Image: tenor.gif]

What is the world cup? Isn't that the hockey thing? Or wait, is that a soccer thing? 

You're not a word-salad kind of person, so I can see that your post is beyond my intellectual level.  Confused

I'm confused. Isn't the World Cup played in a different country every year with a host selection process similar to the Olympics?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

(07-28-2021, 05:14 PM)Aliza Wrote: What is the world cup? Isn't that the hockey thing? Or wait, is that a soccer thing? 

You're not a word-salad kind of person, so I can see that your post is beyond my intellectual level.  Confused

[Image: giphy.gif]

See, the manipulation's gotten so bad, I typed Cup instead of Series (might also still be celebrating the English not winning the World Cup (football).

'tis gonna be between 36C-40C for the next 10 days here. My whole brain's a salad. A spoilt one at that hobo
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Kim

(07-28-2021, 05:23 PM)Vera Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 05:14 PM)Aliza Wrote: What is the world cup? Isn't that the hockey thing? Or wait, is that a soccer thing? 

See, the manipulation's gotten so bad, I typed Cup instead of Series (might also still be celebrating the English not winning the World Cup (football).

'tis gonna be between 36C-40C for the next 10 days here. My whole brain's a salad. A spoilt one at that  hobo

Say what!!!

Edit: sorry I read that too quickly.
The following 1 user Likes Inkubus's post:
  • Fireball

(07-28-2021, 05:33 PM)Inkubus Wrote:

'tis gonna be between 36C-40C for the next 10 days here. My whole brain's a salad. A spoilt one at that  hobo

Say what!!!

Edit: sorry I read that too quickly.

Nope, I saw what you saw. @Vera, 36C-40C looks like a range of bra sizes.   girl blushing

(07-28-2021, 05:53 PM)Aliza Wrote: Nope, I saw what you saw. @Vera, 36C-40C looks like a range of bra sizes.   girl blushing

Muricans!

The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Aliza, Kim

Hey, the World Series includes Canada, if they ever put up a baseball team.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

I thought you were making a different joke, about football/football. 

...It still made more sense than Mr. Troll's trying-to-be-wild posts.
god, ugh

(07-28-2021, 07:11 PM)julep Wrote: I thought you were making a different joke, about football/football. 

The original "idea" was about about another group as random as atheists having the same opinion about American politics.

From then on the blathering just took over hobo

And yes, there's only one football. The other one is American football. Or Gaelic football. Or Australian football Angel

[Image: MyUIr-.gif]

America is the world. Or at least legally it is.

On Earth's birth certificate it reads:

Earth "America" Planeta III
The following 1 user Likes no one's post:
  • Vera

(07-28-2021, 08:05 PM)Vera Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 07:11 PM)julep Wrote: I thought you were making a different joke, about football/football. 

The original "idea" was about about another group as random as atheists having the same opinion about American politics.

From then on the blathering just took over  hobo

And yes, there's only one football. The other one is American football. Or Gaelic football. Or Australian football  Angel

Soccer needs to be played on a much smaller field, like almost half the size it is now. The players look like little ants trying to get a sugar granule away from each other.  Just my unprofessional and totally stupid opinion.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu

I always want to set up a bird feeder in the backyard but I don't want a cat to potentially kill the birds.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Vera, Alan V

(07-28-2021, 10:18 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Soccer needs to be played on a much smaller field, like almost half the size it is now. The players look like little ants trying to get a sugar granule away from each other.  Just my unprofessional and totally stupid opinion.

Muricans!

[Image: f3b42aac7ef885161dbc8f05fcde0500.gif]
The following 3 users Like Vera's post:
  • Dancefortwo, c172, Deesse23

(07-28-2021, 10:27 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: I always want to set up a bird feeder in the backyard but I don't want a cat to potentially kill the birds.

Ours are great hunters...

... of bugs

[Image: 8bd0552082256f6813d1a9ef0e8421b4.gif]

(and bats... though I think maybe the bats die from something else and they just play with the remains...

... yep, Covid21 will start from my backyard. Vervid21? Whistling )
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

I spotted a feral flock of what I think we're Hans macaws!! Yessss Maybe they were Amazons of some variety, but they were definitely not local.
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Vera

(07-28-2021, 10:27 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: I always want to set up a bird feeder in the backyard but I don't want a cat to potentially kill the birds.

I spread birdseed on the front sidewalk every morning.  That way the many birds (and several squirrels) attracted have plenty of room.  They are mainly ground feeders anyway (starlings, sparrows, mourning doves), which means they are no more likely to be attacked by cats than usual.  In fact there are so many, and they are so skittish, that I doubt a cat could sneak up on them anyway.  

Safety in numbers, I guess.
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Vera

IT'S NOT MY FAULTH!
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Vera

And yes, there's only one football. The other one is American football. Or Gaelic football. Or Australian football  Angel

The first time I saw Aussie Football those officials had cowboy hats on, and made a much more descriptive cowboy 6 shooters motion. It was hilarious to me.
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Vera

Then there's me, who wants to set up bird feeders because all those little birds will attract hawks. 
[Image: Flaming-Devil.gif]
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]

(07-28-2021, 10:18 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:

Soccer needs to be played on a much smaller field, like almost half the size it is now. The players look like little ants trying to get a sugar granule away from each other.  Just my unprofessional and totally stupid opinion.

Yeah, give em skates too and call it "hockey" Dodgy
Winking
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • Vera

(07-28-2021, 11:27 PM)Alan V Wrote:

I spread birdseed on the front sidewalk every morning.  That way the many birds (and several squirrels) attracted have plenty of room.  They are mainly ground feeders anyway (starlings, sparrows, mourning doves), which means they are no more likely to be attacked by cats than usual.  In fact there are so many, and they are so skittish, that I doubt a cat could sneak up on them anyway.  

Safety in numbers, I guess.

We don't have a birdfeeder but the birds around love all the fruits in the garden; the blackbirds especially go absolutely bonkers for the pears... that's how I know they're ripe - I wake up to an awful ruckus outside my window and there they are in the pear tree, arguing and shouting like a bunch of fishwives ;-)

They seem to prefer the sour cherry/cherry hybrid to the cherries but because we don't really pick them all, a lot remain on the tree and dry up and in the winter the bluetits and the sparrows have cherry raisins to nibble on Shy

(07-29-2021, 01:30 AM)skyking Wrote: The first time I saw Aussie Football those officials had cowboy hats on, and made a much more descriptive cowboy 6 shooters motion. It was hilarious to me.

Oh yeah, that's my favourite part (and the only reason I actually remember - and recognise - it as a sport) Big Grin

• Alan V, skyking

(07-28-2021, 11:24 PM)Aliza Wrote: I spotted a feral flock of what I think we're Hans macaws!! Yessss Maybe they were Amazons of some variety, but they were definitely not local.

I got bit? pecked? ASSAULTED! by a friggin' macaw and lemme tell you, it was a vicious wound. Still have the scar, too Dodgy

• Aliza, skyking

They say that a macaw has the bite strength of 500 to 700 pounds per square inch. Yep, that would hurt.

There are lots of wild parrots in the US. Exotic Parrot Colonies Are Flourishing Across the Country | Audubon
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Vera