Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to masturbate ....

(07-20-2021, 12:10 PM)adey67 Wrote: Undeniable irrefutable 1000% proof that this person is actively trolling.

And the usual next step is, the Mods will invite said troll to open a discussion in the debate section.

(07-20-2021, 12:35 PM)Inkubus Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 12:10 PM)adey67 Wrote: Undeniable irrefutable 1000% proof that this person is actively trolling.

And the usual next step is, the Mods will invite said troll to open a discussion in the debate section.

That only happens if the person has a point s/he is trying to get across and can't, and there is at least one member who wants to dig into it.

Seaside has no point.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard, skyking

(07-19-2021, 07:56 PM)seaside Wrote: Some atheists have argued that cannibalism is ok.

I THINK I remember (though I'm doubting the memory) Dawkins saying something like this in the very narrow case of funerary cannibalism.  Or maybe it was lab-grown human meat.  Either of which could, technically, be called cannibalism (though the lab-meat is debatable), but both are so far removed from what the typical person thinks of when they hear the word "cannibalism" that phrasing it this way without the slightest bit of clarification or explanation is...

... well, I'll just say it seems to be deliberately seeking to be misunderstood rather than attempting to clearly communicate a point.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov
The following 2 users Like Reltzik's post:
  • adey67, TheGentlemanBastard

(07-20-2021, 05:19 PM)Reltzik Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 07:56 PM)seaside Wrote: Some atheists have argued that cannibalism is ok.

I THINK I remember (though I'm doubting the memory) Dawkins saying something like this in the very narrow case of funerary cannibalism.  Or maybe it was lab-grown human meat.  Either of which could, technically, be called cannibalism (though the lab-meat is debatable), but both are so far removed from what the typical person thinks of when they hear the word "cannibalism" that phrasing it this way without the slightest bit of clarification or explanation is...

... well, I'll just say it seems to be deliberately seeking to be misunderstood rather than attempting to clearly communicate a point.

Trolls gonna troll point or not. This dude is supposed to be being heavily "supervised" but tbh I'm not seeing as much evidence of this as I would expect. Dude needs to be gone, others have been "dismissed" for much less IMHO. (no offence intended)
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Inkubus

(07-20-2021, 06:44 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 05:19 PM)Reltzik Wrote:

Trolls gonna troll point or not. This dude is supposed to be being heavily "supervised" but tbh I'm not seeing as much evidence of this as I would expect. Dude needs to be gone, others have been "dismissed" for much less IMHO. (no offence intended)

You're not seeing several new threads a day, are you?

But I do agree, he's not worth the trouble. Still, there are member engaging with him and debating his stuff. I don't know why. If people would just ignore him, he'd go away. I bet he enjoys all of your complaints. Such is the nature of trolls.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Aliza, Alan V

(07-20-2021, 08:31 PM)Dom Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 06:44 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(07-20-2021, 05:19 PM)Reltzik Wrote: I THINK I remember (though I'm doubting the memory) Dawkins saying something like this in the very narrow case of funerary cannibalism.  Or maybe it was lab-grown human meat.  Either of which could, technically, be called cannibalism (though the lab-meat is debatable), but both are so far removed from what the typical person thinks of when they hear the word "cannibalism" that phrasing it this way without the slightest bit of clarification or explanation is...

You're not seeing several new threads a day, are you?

But I do agree, he's not worth the trouble. Still, there are member engaging with him and debating his stuff. I don't know why. If people would just ignore him, he'd go away. I bet he enjoys all of your complaints. Such is the nature of trolls.
That's true, I'm not seeing that which is a blessing. Tbh though we all say don't feed the troll and we all understand it makes absolute sense but we all find it almost impossible to do for some reason, I see the same thing across almost all of social media, no matter how much its the right thing to do it just never seems to happen and trolls always seem to achieve some sort of sustenance. My main point is that we know cannibalism is or was levelled at atheists, maybe not seriously but levelled nonetheless as hate speech, we ourselves joke about barbecuing and eating babies to take the power out of religious hatred and misconceptions about atheism and his comments irrefutably prove in my mind that this guy has absolutely no interest in genuine dialogue and should go but if you regard him as a "useful idiot" I can understand that too and it does perhaps have some merit to it.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

Mods are handling this person perfectly.

Just stop before you go blind.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47so48tn4fkaqxw7px9w...y.gif&ct=g]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”