Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Naturalistic World

A Naturalistic World
(07-18-2021, 03:21 PM)Percie Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 02:00 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: "I chose Christianity because i like some of its slogans" doenst really cut the cheese, does it?

LMAO. It's cut the muster.

At least he speaks at least one other foreign language. What do you speak but 'Murican? And badly too - it's cut the MUSTARD or passes MUSTER. Oh yeah, you also speak dishonest, brainwashed, hateful, Xtian.

Do you have ANYTHING of substance to offer this place, other than use it as a trash heap for your frustrations at your failures in real life? Are you capable of ANYTHING other than pathetic passive-aggression, insults and then playing the victim? Are you capable of thought AT ALL?

Oh but look who I'm asking. The sock of grim or whoever of those other jerks were who was banned and then this joke all of a sudden joined the next day.

You have NOTHING of value to offer this place and frankly, by the looks of it, the world. Go vomit your anger and hatred someplace else.
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Szuchow, Deesse23

A Naturalistic World
(07-18-2021, 03:19 PM)Percie Wrote: From your perspective, what's the difference between having a moral compass, and using religion as a basis of morality?
Is an atheist who has read philosophers which has influenced his morals also without a moral compass? If not, why not?
Do you think the Bible directly covers every moral issue which comes up in life?

bla bla bla and bla
See those 3 questions there, NOT answering what he was asked ?
That's what's known as *diversion*.

Wow, Deese done rattled his cage I see, with that LONG post.

Have he nothing better to do, or is he losing his faith ?
Why would a supposed Christian, (he isn't) spend so much time here ?
LOL
I fart in your general direction.  Angel

A Naturalistic World
(07-18-2021, 10:45 AM)Percie Wrote: When I said superior and inferior beings, I wasn't referring to might, I was referring to superior/inferior in sapience and sentience. I thought that was clear in context.

The clear implication is that morality is relative to the station the moral agent holds in life.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

A Naturalistic World
(07-18-2021, 10:55 AM)Percie Wrote: From your POV they're all manmade creations. Why do you single out religion?

You're acting as if atheists only criticize religion. This is obviously not true.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, TheGentlemanBastard

A Naturalistic World
(07-18-2021, 10:55 AM)Percie Wrote: No, I already know that my god won't order me to do so.

1) The Bible is rife with godly orders to kill people, bash out the brains of the enemy's babies, and even ordered his own son to death (allegedly) in order to prove a point? Your own book documents his orders to do people to death, or even do the killing himself.

2) Maybe you're a beknighted saint whose shit smells like honeydew melons, but the fact is that the world over, people of almost all faiths have used "divine command" to justify their human atrocities. That is one of the evils that religions perpetrate -- and that includes your own.

3) Aren't you even a little worried about this claim of yours to know the mind of God? Something about pride before falls comes to mind ... yet you've already committed your claim of knowing what your god would and wouldn't do to the internet. Are you really saying that your god wouldn't order you to act in a way that you find, allegedly, unbearable?

4) Your god ordains your Satan to commit evil, including murders. What makes you think your god would never order you to do the same? Remember, "God works in mysterious ways".

You may or may not have a moral compass. If you have one, it clearly is not your own.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Deesse23, TheGentlemanBastard

A Naturalistic World
(07-18-2021, 03:21 PM)Percie Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 02:00 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: "I chose Christianity because i like some of its slogans" doenst really cut the cheese, does it?

LMAO. It's cut the muster.

Hey, Einstein -- it's actually cut the mustard.

Get your shit right before you deign to correct anyone else, Sir Knowitall.
Freedom isn't free.
  • GenesisNemesis

A Naturalistic World
(07-18-2021, 07:23 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 10:55 AM)Percie Wrote: No, I already know that my god won't order me to do so.

1) The Bible is rife with godly orders to kill people, bash out the brains of the enemy's babies, and even ordered his own son to death (allegedly) in order to prove a point? Your own book documents his orders to do people to death, or even do the killing himself.

2) Maybe you're a beknighted saint whose shit smells like honeydew melons, but the fact is that the world over, people of almost all faiths have used "divine command" to justify their human atrocities. That is one of the evils that religions perpetrate -- and that includes your own.

3) Aren't you even a little worried about this claim of yours to know the mind of God? Something about pride before falls comes to mind ... yet you've already committed your claim of knowing what your god would and wouldn't do to the internet. Are you really saying that your god wouldn't order you to act in a way that you find, allegedly, unbearable?

4) Your god ordains your Satan to commit evil, including murders. What makes you think your god would never order you to do the same? Remember, "God works in mysterious ways".

You may or may not have a moral compass. If you have one, it clearly is not your own.

Hi scripture tells him he can't know the mind of his god.
Percie thinks he special.

The reason he thinks he won't be asked to do something immoral, is ... because the entire pile of shit is made up.
He is his own god. His god(s) exist nowhere, but in his mind.
He as much as admitted it in the slavery debate. He proved he can justify and rationalize anything that comes up.
The gods are obsolete.
Is it possible in 10,000 years, humans will still be referring to ancient desert dwellers for their truths ? LOL
I fart in your general direction.  Angel
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Dancefortwo

A Naturalistic World
(07-18-2021, 08:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 07:23 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

The reason he thinks he won't be asked to do something immoral, is ... because the entire pile of shit is made up.
He as much as admitted it in the slavery debate. He proved he can justify and rationalize anything that comes up.
The gods are obsolete.
Is it possible in 10,000 years, humans will still be referring to ancient desert dwellers for their truths ? LOL

There is nothing redeemable about the biblical god.  Why should humanity worship such a flawed and immature being who expects  people to worship him and live up to his moral standards  yet fails to meet his own moral standards.    In 1000 years the Yahweh deity will be religated to the dust bin of mythology along with Apollo, Lord Vishnu and Odin.  It's already going in that direction. 

Todays religions are tomorrows mythology.
                                                         T4618

A Naturalistic World
(07-18-2021, 08:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: The reason he thinks he won't be asked to do something immoral, is ... because the entire pile of shit is made up.

Well, yeah -- that's kinda my entire point. It collapses under its own contradictions ... and he clearly doesn't understand that at all.

That's how thoughtful @Percie is about his own faith.

(07-18-2021, 10:29 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Todays religions are tomorrows mythology.

Word.
Freedom isn't free.
  • Dancefortwo

A Naturalistic World
(07-18-2021, 10:29 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 08:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 07:23 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: 1) The Bible is rife with godly orders to kill people, bash out the brains of the enemy's babies, and even ordered his own son to death (allegedly) in order to prove a point? Your own book documents his orders to do people to death, or even do the killing himself.

The gods are obsolete.

There is nothing redeemable about the biblical god.  Why should humanity worship such a flawed and immature being who expects  people to worship him and live up to his moral standards  yet fails to meet his own moral standards.    In 1000 years the Yahweh deity will be religated to the dust bin of mythology along with Apollo, Lord Vishnu and Odin.  It's already going in that direction. 

(my bold)

Why do so many remain in abusive relationships?
Take these two statements:
"Love me or I'll kill you, bitch!"
"Love me or I'll send you to hell, filthy sinner!"

Is there really any difference between them?
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 4 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Alan V, Thumpalumpacus, Szuchow, GenesisNemesis

A Naturalistic World
Big Grin

[Image: PJM-Banner-1.jpg]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

A Naturalistic World
(07-19-2021, 05:50 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 10:29 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(07-18-2021, 08:30 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: Hi scripture tells him he can't know the mind of his god.

The gods are obsolete.

(my bold)

Why do so many remain in abusive relationships?
Take these two statements:
"Love me or I'll kill you, bitch!"
"Love me or I'll send you to hell, filthy sinner!"

Is there really any difference between them?

Only difference is in the fact that abuse victims tormentor is real whereas bad BDSM etiquette Jesus is imaginary. 

I however think that this is more about pride - admitting even to oneself that one was foolish, moral midget worshipping space Hitler may not be good for one self-image. It's I think easier to run into delusion where person x sees itself as upstanding fellow giving praise to just and beloved space grandfather.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on Earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.