Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logical Disproofs of a Biblical Type God

(06-03-2021, 06:54 PM)Percie Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 06:19 PM)JohnJubinsky Wrote: 1.) Good beings do not freely desire to be worshiped. 

A lot of celebrities would disagree with you.

One would not imagine celebrities to have finished Maslow's list, whereas it's quite odd that the Creator of the Universe, as advertised in his literature, is barely past "belonginness and love needs."

(06-03-2021, 11:30 PM)Dom Wrote: So, you don't agree with they way he presented things. Why plunge into attack mode?

Yeah.  It looked like an 8 year old showing off an unskillfully made kite built from scratch that he designed and constructed himself to his teachers at school and holy smithereens, the teachers getting in a lather of conniption over the lack of skill and totally missing the spirit of the attempt.  He'll never make another kite and you say hurray for that and the fantastic kite he might have made later the world will never see.  Thank you Dom for reminding us kites are more than the sticks and paper they're made from.
The following 1 user Likes airportkid's post:
  • Dom

(06-04-2021, 12:10 AM)airportkid Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 11:30 PM)Dom Wrote: So, you don't agree with they way he presented things. Why plunge into attack mode?

Yeah.  It looked like an 8 year old showing off an unskillfully made kite built from scratch that he designed and constructed himself to his teachers at school and holy smithereens, the teachers getting in a lather of conniption over the lack of skill and totally missing the spirit of the attempt.  He'll never make another kite and you say hurray for that and the fantastic kite he might have made later the world will never see.  Thank you Dom for reminding us kites are more than the sticks and paper they're made from.

Now new guy is compared to a child trying to show off a shitty kite made with "lack of skill."  Can we start a forum welcome committee and if so, can we then ban airportkid from it for life?

(06-04-2021, 12:09 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Atheists usually deal in facts.  Theists try to twist their balls into a pretzel with "logic."

[Image: main-qimg-ee788b0203a68b82f4e4b7a8325884c6-c]

So, are you saying atheists don't employ logic?  Huh
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Logic in the sense of Anselm?

I can cite no facts indicating that any fucking god exists or ever existed.  I cannot construct a premise from "no facts." 

I submit that any premise which is based on the wishful thinking of believers is worthless.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(06-03-2021, 09:27 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 08:52 PM)JohnJubinsky Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 07:25 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Yours, and every other god ever invented by the human imagination down through history.

Let's hear your "premise."

There are multiple premises that are not expressly stated because doing so would make the disproofs unnecessarily harder to follow. The premises are founded in simple basic right and wrong. Because of this, although they are not expressly stated, they are nonetheless common knowledge. If I say somebody committed cold blooded murder and, therefore, cannot be all-good I should not have to expressly preface it with the premise that committing cold blooded murder is inconsistent with being good. Everybody already knows that so it makes an express premise unnecessary. In a court of law one who does not know the difference between simple basic right and wrong is considered legally insane. I think you are being unreasonable.

There is no "simple basic right and wrong". Some cultures hold some things wrong, and some do not.
The underlying assumptions in the OP are hardly "simple basic right and wrong".
They are not "common knowledge".
About 1/2 of the US population calls abortion cold-blooded murder.
About 1/2 does not.
All your assumptions are without basis.
Criminal insanity, (and its definition) is irrelevant in a logical argument. Two totally different things.

You arguments fail totally.
You cannot define what a "Biblical-type god" even is.

The premises that I used, although not expressly stated, are self-eviident. You have the right to disagree with them.

(06-03-2021, 09:32 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 09:19 PM)Inkubus Wrote: For a biblical type god to exist it requires "Supernature".
Quote:(theology, philosophy) A level of existence above the physical or mundane; that which is above and beyond the material nature of something.
Wiki

The supernatural is not real, and we have known this for a long time. Thread/

If a god interacts with humans and our reality or has any effect on nature then it is not supernatural, it would be considered "natural".... not supernatural.   Everything once attributed to the supernatural or a god-being has been found to have a natural cause.  Earthquakes, tsunamis, plagues, diseases, droughts, solar and lunar eclipses all are naturally explained.  If you combind all the gods people have ever worshipped, no natural event has ever been proven to be caused by or the result of a god.

A thousand times this

D Adams, paraphrase:

Quote:"But, says Man, the laws of physics you yourself devised when you created the universe make no prevision for the supernatural and without the supernatural you don't exist; that's a dead giveaway isn't it"?

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that!"

And promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

tl,dr

[Image: i1.png]

(06-04-2021, 12:16 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 12:10 AM)airportkid Wrote:

Now new guy is compared to a child trying to show off a shitty kite made with "lack of skill."  Can we start a forum welcome committee and if so, can we then ban airportkid from it for life?

The child posted this drivel where he did, and was so impressed with himself, he even copyrighted it. Wowie, zowie.
He did not post it in a introduction section. Why don't you go right ahead, and organize this welcome committee, since you've alienated just about everyone here, maybe you can find a newbie friend.

Since many here are igtheists, (... the reason he can't post a definition of a "Biblical-type" god, is that there is none, ... NO coherent definition). If one can't define something, they certainly can't say much about it. Why is this even important ? This "god business" is really old, how about we prove there are no pink sparkly unicorns ? At least they wold have a general definition, instead of this "Oh I HAVE it, I better put this on You-Yube ... the entire world will need to read my new copyrighted proof, and I will be famous forever, and it's so great they just might steal it".
Test

(06-04-2021, 12:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 12:10 AM)airportkid Wrote: Yeah.  It looked like an 8 year old showing off an unskillfully made kite built from scratch that he designed and constructed himself to his teachers at school and holy smithereens, the teachers getting in a lather of conniption over the lack of skill and totally missing the spirit of the attempt.  He'll never make another kite and you say hurray for that and the fantastic kite he might have made later the world will never see.  Thank you Dom for reminding us kites are more than the sticks and paper they're made from.

The child posted this drivel where he did, and was so impressed with himself, he even copyrighted it. Wowie, zowie.
He did not post it in a introduction section. Why don't you go right ahead, and organize this welcome committee, since you've alienated just about everyone here, maybe you can find a newbie friend.  

Since many here are igtheists, (... the reason he can't post a definition of a "Biblical-type" god, is that there is none, ... NO coherent definition). If one can't define something, they certainly can't say much about it. Why is this even important ? This "god business" is really old, how about we prove there are no pink sparkly unicorns ? At least they wold have a general definition, instead of this "Oh I HAVE it, I better put this on You-Yube ... the entire world will need to read my new copyrighted proof, and I will be famous forever, and it's so great they just might steal it".

It's old to you. It may not be old to him. Why not be a teacher instead of a disparager?  Dodgy
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Thumpalumpacus

(06-04-2021, 12:10 AM)airportkid Wrote: Yeah.  It looked like an 8 year old showing off an unskillfully made kite built from scratch that he designed and constructed himself to his teachers at school and holy smithereens, the teachers getting in a lather of conniption over the lack of skill and totally missing the spirit of the attempt.  He'll never make another kite and you say hurray for that and the fantastic kite he might have made later the world will never see.  Thank you Dom for reminding us kites are more than the sticks and paper they're made from.

Bucky were you born with a giant stick permanently up your ass or is it a fresh stick you insert every morning?

The idea of god is a flimsy house of decrepit cards. Any shred of logic and it tumbles.

[Image: uRGrg5Wh.jpg]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

I looked up John Jubinsky on Google.  He was a lawyer in Hawaii.

He's dead.

(06-04-2021, 01:08 AM)Minimalist Wrote: I looked up John Jubinsky on Google.  He was a lawyer in Hawaii.

He's dead.

Hmmm.  Let's check YOUR birth certificate, "Minimalist."

Google discriminates against biblical minimalism.  All it ever talks about is artsy shit.

(06-04-2021, 12:42 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 12:16 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Now new guy is compared to a child trying to show off a shitty kite made with "lack of skill."  Can we start a forum welcome committee and if so, can we then ban airportkid from it for life?

Bucky were you born with a giant stick permanently up your ass or is it a fresh stick you insert every morning?

... says the asshole who fights with just about everyone here.
How many "new leaves" have you turned over again ?

Now get off your fat ass, and get that committee organized ... or were you just shooting hot air out your ass, as usual ?
Test

(06-03-2021, 10:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: Because, just as theists use "logic' to prove their gods, this one thinks he can do the same, only the opposite.
He has not demonstrated that logic applies to the gods, or how has he decided which system of logic he wants to employ.
All his analogies and assertions are human conceptions ... slapped onto deities. He comes to a different conclusion, but it's the SAME faulty method.

I'm glad you're there to jump upon that grenade.

(06-03-2021, 10:08 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: Are YOU not barking ?

I'm not telling anyone they're wrong. I'm explaining my lack of faith. There's a difference, once you sit down and think about it.

(06-03-2021, 11:30 PM)Dom Wrote: Holy cow. The dude is NOT a theist, the opposite.

You guys have a strange way of welcoming another atheist to the community.

These dumbasses are so bent on being right that they don't bother to seek understanding or communication -- or even read.

I should probably bail the fuck outta here.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dom, Dancefortwo

(06-04-2021, 01:13 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 12:42 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 12:28 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: The child posted this drivel where he did, and was so impressed with himself, he even copyrighted it. Wowie, zowie.

... says the asshole who fights with just about everyone here.
How many "new leaves" have you turned over again ?

Now get off your fat ass, and get that committee organized ... or were you just shooting hot air out your ass, as usual ?

Question answered.  Stick up ass in utero.

Everybody stop this shit. What, is it a full moon or something?

John, I apologize. They are actually decent people once you get to know them.
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • Dancefortwo, adey67

(06-03-2021, 11:30 PM)Dom Wrote: Holy cow. The dude is NOT a theist, the opposite.

You guys have a strange way of welcoming another atheist to the community.

Thumbsdown

So, you don't agree with they way he presented things. Why plunge into attack mode?

Welcome to the forum, John. It would be a good thing if you posted a welcome thread first, and let everyone get to know you as a person.

I know.  Everyone's jumping all over this guy.   Did you guys actually read  what he wrote.  Other than being a little long winded for his first post he's an atheist.  Jesus, read stuff before you get your panties all in a twist.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dom

(06-04-2021, 01:22 AM)Dom Wrote: Everybody stop this shit. What, is it a full moon or something?

Much as I don't get along with many of the people here, there is no one here I would imagine (not that I know for sure) is cruel in real life, to other actual people or animals.  The cruelty here is very high (frankly impressive) levels of verbal cruelty and I think it escalates as each of us feels the other is verbally fucking with them first, so it's kind of a retributive verbal cruelty and ultimately a mutually assured destruction type of talk.  I would like it to be less but no one wants to be the first to disarm.

[quote="JohnJubinsky" pid='301619' dateline='1622753553']
Quote:There are multiple premises that are not expressly stated because doing so would make the disproofs unnecessarily harder to follow...

If I didn't detest sig lines so much that there, would be mine.
It's a fucking masterpiece.

But for now: "Ooow sent ya!"

Welcome to the forums baton carrier. Big Grin

(06-04-2021, 01:51 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 01:22 AM)Dom Wrote: Everybody stop this shit. What, is it a full moon or something?

Thanks. Don't worry about me my skin is much too thick for me to be bothered by that level of intellect.

Much as I don't get along with many of the people here, there is no one here I would imagine (not that I know for sure) is cruel in real life, to other actual people or animals.  The cruelty here is very high (frankly impressive) levels of verbal cruelty and I think it escalates as each of us feels the other is verbally fucking with them first, so it's kind of a retributive verbal cruelty and ultimately a mutually assured destruction type of talk.  I would like it to be less but no one wants to be the first to disarm.

(06-04-2021, 02:02 AM)JohnJubinsky Wrote:

Thanks. Don't worry about me my skin is much too thick for me to be bothered by that level of intellect.

[cleaned up a tad]

(06-03-2021, 09:57 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'm pretty sure that he said several times that the god described in the Bible cannot logically exist. Why are you dogs barking?

Because he also said this:

Quote:There are multiple premises that are not expressly stated because doing so would make the disproofs unnecessarily harder to follow.

Or; "I can make myself invisible but only when nobody's looking".