Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pigs

Pigs
(06-02-2021, 09:59 AM)SYZ Wrote: Bacon pie...  oink fucking oink!

[Image: thumb_1508534388.png?crop=0.601xw%3A0.60...=480%3A270]

OMG. It looks like a heart attack on a plate but it looks good.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • SYZ

Pigs
[Image: b945-7a43-4e65-9cf2-342df43cdb9e.jpg]
  [Image: attachment.php?aid=31] Dog  
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Pigs
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS, 28 Aug 2015
[Image: CNGJD54NIZLXMWYPGSZ7VJGPTU.jpg]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Pigs
Oink^2.
  [Image: attachment.php?aid=31] Dog  

Pigs
I do shop the kosher aisle at my local grocery, mainly because eastern European Jewish cooking is frequently close enough to the Polish and Ukrainian food I grew up on.  Outside of one small shop in the North Market, you can't get decent Polish food in this town.  And I usually attack the post-Passover sales for unsalted matzoh so I can make tiramatzah.

If I am cooking for friends who are keeping kosher, I'll cheerily follow the appropriate rules—I kind of like the challenge, actually.  When I'm cooking for myself, it's all go.  Blintzes or latkes and bacon or sausage?  Bring it on!
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 2 users Like trdsf's post:
  • Aliza, Dānu

Pigs
In the not far off future we'll grow meat in bioengineered matrices that give us rib eye steaks identical to what cattle produce but without having to grow the rest of the animal.  The advantages are manifold:  fewer resources needed per pound, less acreage, no ethics concerns re: slaughtering sentient creatures, and, foregoing absolute replication, the meat can be designed to be healthier AND tastier.

Logically, all the religious folderol can be abandoned, but I think what will actually happen is all the bioengineered meat will be declared "Devil's Food" by the religious and they'll continue to slaughter sentient beings because their gods won't stop demanding sacrifice.

Little known trivia:  in 1962 a SPAM shipment was accidentally delivered to the Lego company which used it to make Lego bricks (those sickly pink colored ones) for the next 37 years before anyone thought to check why the original base substrate never seemed to shrink or spoil.

Pigs
(06-04-2021, 09:03 PM)airportkid Wrote: Logically, all the religious folderol can be abandoned, but I think what will actually happen is all the bioengineered meat will be declared "Devil's Food" by the religious and they'll continue to slaughter sentient beings because their gods won't stop demanding sacrifice.

That's an interesting assumption... I can't speak for Muslims or Christians, but I've been taught that in the days of the messianic era, Jews will eat meat and milk together and we'll eat meats that are typically forbidden, such as pork, and no violation of the Torah will have occurred. In more recent times, I've heard the concept of bio-engineered meat being applied to that. It fits, at least.

Pigs
Color me skeptical. We still don't know shit all about nutrition, and when I was living by the pyramid I was fat, had high blood pressure and border line diabetes. Now I eat sugar free and very low carb, and I eat meat of all kinds freely, along with veggies to fill my carb allowance and also fat. I have lost a ton of weight, my glucose is normal and I have normal blood pressure.  I don't care anymore who says what about nutrition, I just live by what works for me. 

Hubby was on intravenous nutrition for 10 weeks and by the end of that time he was a skeleton with paper thin, tiny folds of skin all over his body. Screw that, I don't trust that our science is developed far enough.

It is a nice concept, but my personal opinion is that we are not there yet. I trust we will be there at some point, but definitely not yet. Count me out until they actually do figure out how nutrition works.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Aliza

Pigs
In all candor, what always bothered me about this god shit was the end of Genesis 1.

The morons insist that this shit is real.

Quote:31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

So, I guess the following morning 'god' got off his ass and decided that all wasn't "very good."  There were pigs and foreskins and the fucker didn't like either.

One wonders why 'god' didn't correct his mistake right then and there?  Wipe out the pigs and the foreskins and be done with it.

Another example of the perfect being's surprising ineptitude.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”