Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for new (to me) Christians on the forum

(06-03-2021, 09:01 PM)Dom Wrote: If it's not a simple yes or no question, then explain.

I've said I would, but that the topic deserves its own thread and I'll get to it. What's the rush?

(06-04-2021, 07:54 AM)Percie Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 09:01 PM)Dom Wrote: If it's not a simple yes or no question, then explain.

I've said I would, but that the topic deserves its own thread and I'll get to it. What's the rush?

There's simply no need for another ultimately wasted thread pushing your
nonsensical opinions about the bible, whose content is seen by all atheists
as utter bullshit.  Your argumentative style of commenting and responding
marks you as nothing more than a mindless, rabid theist repeatedly trying
to gain some currency on an atheist web site. Or simply a persistent troll?

Your bigotry and hypocrisy, and your condescension have become more than
apparent, and it's obvious that you have zero intention of engaging in any
meaningful, respectful, or articulate dialogue.

Why don't you do us all a favour, and just go back to preaching your biblical
crap on theist sites whose membership will stroke your ego?      Angry
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

I saw the Verbal Duels section. Dance, let's do it there. Agreed?

(06-04-2021, 09:55 AM)Percie Wrote: I saw the Verbal Duels section. Dance, let's do it there. Agreed?

You mean setup your own little bridge to hide under? That trick's already been pulled, I doubt you'll get away with it again.

(06-04-2021, 11:34 AM)Inkubus Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 09:55 AM)Percie Wrote: I saw the Verbal Duels section. Dance, let's do it there. Agreed?

You mean setup your own little bridge to hide under? That trick's already been pulled, I doubt you'll get away with it again.

We have the verbal duels section so a civil conversation/discussion can proceed without being side lined and driven off topic by others. We need more use of it, not less. 

There is a peanut gallery for it, so everyone can still comment to their heart's content, without derailing a discussion.

Percie, you can make a post there, inviting Dance.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

LOL - there's a reason I already had Inkubus on my Ignore list.

(06-04-2021, 12:49 PM)Dom Wrote: Percie, you can make a post there, inviting Dance.

Done.

(06-02-2021, 10:52 AM)Percie Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 03:53 AM)airportkid Wrote: That's a weird question.  The issue is slavery as an inhumane practice, not how in particular someone that condones it should be punished. 

The charge is that god allows or condones slavery, so the question is appropriate. The weird thing is that people here talk as if that's a heinous crime, but can't give a straight answer as to the appropriate punishment for it.

You think it ISN'T a "heinous" crime? The proper concern for a crime is the recognition of it. The sentences come later.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

(06-05-2021, 05:18 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 10:52 AM)Percie Wrote:
(06-02-2021, 03:53 AM)airportkid Wrote: That's a weird question.  The issue is slavery as an inhumane practice, not how in particular someone that condones it should be punished. 

The charge is that god allows or condones slavery, so the question is appropriate. The weird thing is that people here talk as if that's a heinous crime, but can't give a straight answer as to the appropriate punishment for it.

You think it ISN'T a "heinous" crime?  The proper concern for a crime is the recognition of it.  The sentences come later.

It figures though that a worshipper of a punitive god would immediately consider punishment.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard