Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New book proves conclusively that the Bible is not the word of a god

The best way for Atheists to defend themselves from the incessant and insidious attacks on them by Christians is by debunking their religion. And the best way to do that is by proving that the Bible is not the word of a god. That's exactly what THERE'S NO EXCUSE FOR ANYONE STILL BELIEVING THE HOLY BIBLE does. It proves conclusively and beyond any shadow of doubt that the Bible is not the word of a god. It makes anyone who still believes it is look like a fool. It also takes on and debunks all of the major arguments being bantered about by creationists. And lastly, its author offers a very credible explanation for how the universe got here and what's going to happen to it. All Atheists should at least be aware of this book whether they want to read it or not: <link removed>
The following 1 user Likes atheist 101's post:
  • Phaedrus

Welcome to AD, atheist 101. Unfortunately we don't allow newbies to promote sites or publications. I look forward to getting to know you more personally for the time being, and we can review your site later.
The following 4 users Like Aliza's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dom, c172, Kim

Religious or non-religious I can tell when you're trying to sell me something.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
Sometimes you just have no words all you can do is laugh at the stupidity. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Kim, RobbyPants

The idea that there's an original debunking idea is intriguing. Fake, but one can fantasize.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • RobbyPants

Wanna walk over here?

https://atheistdiscussion.org/forums/for...php?fid=93
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
-Carl Sagan

"The best counter to extremist speech is not censorship. The best counter is more speech." -Thumpalumpacus
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

I still want to know the title of the book and the author so that I can decide for myself whether or not I want to read it.
[Image: 8a487e2d72e959c458857f1b72271166.gif]

The bible itself disproves divine authorship more indisputably than any external commentary could achieve.
The following 2 users Like airportkid's post:
  • Paleophyte, RobbyPants

The book is available in paperback or Kindle from Amazon. There are no reviews at present. It was written by Jesse Attreau, but I could find no information about his scholarly credentials, if any, online.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Phaedrus, GenesisNemesis, skyking

(05-06-2021, 02:59 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: I still want to know the title of the book and the author so that I can decide for myself whether or not I want to read it.

And that's precisely the point! Just to make Atheists at least aware that it's out there. They can make up their own mind whether they want to read it or not.

We have, we do, we will. But you can't break the rules of the house you're in. Participate and build your credibility.
  [Image: attachment.php?aid=31] Dog  
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • atheist 101, Gwaithmir

The bible is not the words of a god?!
Well, that's a relief. Shy

No one likes door-to-door salesmen, whether they're missionaries or atheists.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Kim, Deesse23, julep, TheGentlemanBastard, SYZ, Paleophyte

(05-06-2021, 02:59 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: I still want to know the title of the book and the author so that I can decide for myself whether or not I want to read it.

Shoot them a PM Smile

I make out the book title to be what the OP printed out with CAPS ON. Shy

(05-06-2021, 11:56 AM)atheist 101 Wrote:

And that's precisely the point! Just to make Atheists at least aware that it's out there. They can make up their own mind whether they want to read it or not.

I don't believe in a god because of one simple word.........REALITY.

There are so many plot holes in the Bible it's a sieve.  It's a holey book, not a holy book.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Minimalist, Gwaithmir

(05-06-2021, 02:54 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 11:56 AM)atheist 101 Wrote:

There are so many plot holes in the Bible it's a sieve.  It's a holey book, not a holy book.

No, really, a bunch of illiterate camel jockeys sitting around a dung-fueled campfire figured out the origin of the universe. Ask Ken Ham said "I have this book."

(05-06-2021, 03:02 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 02:54 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 11:56 AM)atheist 101 Wrote: And that's precisely the point! Just to make Atheists at least aware that it's out there. They can make up their own mind whether they want to read it or not.

No, really, a bunch of illiterate camel jockeys sitting around a dung-fueled campfire figured out the origin of the universe. Ask Ken Ham said "I have this book."

Well, they weren't so much camel jockey's as they were goat herders.  Probably had a few chickens.  No pigs though.  I have a couple of Jewish friends who eat bacon and all sorts of pork products but they are not practicing Jews.  My very funny Jewish friend, Sandy Jo, said she wanted nothing to do with any religion that banned pork.   She said this while eating a sausage laiden pizza.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Gwaithmir

You'll probably be able to find it on a dozen other sites.  Tongue
Sometimes you just have no words all you can do is laugh at the stupidity. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Inkubus

Got it.

[Image: 350Wx350H-1075969.jpg]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Anyway, I thought all I needed to know to demonstrate why the god of the Bible does not exist, is because science has revealed so many things that conclusively demonstrate the Bible to be wrong, and also, that Jesus cannot have fed 5,000 people with five leaves of bread and two fish, so the god Jesus as depicted in the Bible is logically impossible. Do I need more than that?  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

We don't allow self- promotion by people we do not know on this site. People come here peddling all sorts of things, recently we had several peddling dog toys. Sex is the most common. Or drugs. Or new web sites. If the poster seems sincere, and the product fits our theme, we do let them in and they can let us know them and then we can approve links to self-promotion. 

This place would turn into a market place for lord knows what all if we didn't have this rule in place. 

Like mentioned above, you can shoot them a PM if interested... nothing is being kept from you.

Long time no see - welcome back. I hope all is well...
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 2 users Like Dom's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Aliza

(05-06-2021, 03:14 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 03:02 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 02:54 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I don't believe in a god because of one simple word.........REALITY.

Well, they weren't so much camel jockey's as they were goat herders.  Probably had a few chickens.  No pigs though.  I have a couple of Jewish friends who eat bacon and all sorts of pork products but they are not practicing Jews.  My very funny Jewish friend, Sandy Jo, said she wanted nothing to do with any religion that banned pork.   She said this while eating a sausage laiden pizza.

Camel-jockey is a category, not a religion.

(05-06-2021, 04:58 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 03:14 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 03:02 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: No, really, a bunch of illiterate camel jockeys sitting around a dung-fueled campfire figured out the origin of the universe. Ask Ken Ham said "I have this book."

Camel-jockey is a category, not a religion.

Sure. 

I wonder what camel tastes like?
                                                         T4618

I've been an atheist for forty years, and discovered on my own enough arguments to lose my faith. The Four Horsemen didn't bring anything new to the table, for me. I don't need yet another book to tell me that there are serious problems with religious fables.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Aliza, Inkubus, Gwaithmir

(05-06-2021, 05:22 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I've been an atheist for forty years, and discovered on my own enough arguments to lose my faith. The Four Horsemen didn't bring anything new to the table, for me. I don't need yet another book to tell me that there are serious problems with religious fables.

But how are they gonna become the next Dawkins if you don't buy their book?  Tongue
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus