Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"You can thank god for that!"

Apparently god had a hand in cancelling overtime today, specifically for me. That's what my mother claims anyway. hobo

So much stupid in one statement.
Sometimes you just have no words all you can do is laugh at the stupidity. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Seems that being god is a less than glorious task nowadays. Look at days of yore, behold their glory and compare them to what happens now. Instead of destroying cities god helps score touchdowns or is cancelling overtime. It sure must suck.
Man’s innate yearning for freedom can be suppressed but never destroyed. Totalitarianism cannot renounce violence. If it does, it perishes. Eternal, ceaseless violence, overt or covert, is the basis of totalitarianism. Man does not renounce freedom voluntarily.

Vasily Grossman
The following 5 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Fireball, skyking, Dom, Kim

LOL comrade cat, you have me painting a picture of God with a mop and bucket a janitor in some high school.
test signature
The following 3 users Like skyking's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dom, Szuchow

Look, lots of idiots lose their keys every day.  That keeps god very busy.  Apparently far too busy to handle anything else.

[Image: empty-prayers.jpg]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 5 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Teddy, Szuchow, Thumpalumpacus, Kim

Thank God for Satan!
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus

I was told as a faithful boy that "sometimes God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers."

Mofo holds the record as the biggest gift-giver of all time on that score.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, TheGentlemanBastard, Kim, Dom

(05-04-2021, 06:05 PM)Szuchow Wrote: Seems that being god is a less than glorious task nowadays. Look at days of yore, behold their glory and compare them to what happens now. Instead of destroying cities god helps score touchdowns or is cancelling overtime. It sure must suck.

It's even worse for sonny. He went from walking on water, turning water to wine, feeding multitudes and healing the lame and the sick to occasionally appearing on toast. At least daddy gets to affect the outcome of sporting events. Smile
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Szuchow

(05-04-2021, 04:35 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Apparently god had a hand in cancelling overtime today, specifically for me. That's what my mother claims anyway. hobo

Christians can spin-up a god explanation for anything.

(05-08-2021, 12:58 PM)atheist 101 Wrote:
(05-04-2021, 04:35 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Apparently god had a hand in cancelling overtime today, specifically for me. That's what my mother claims anyway. hobo

Christians can spin-up a god explanation for anything.

My mother's not a Christian, she's a New Age hippy type. She does tend to rationalize everything in spiritual terms though.  Tongue

My brother, however, is a Christian...
Sometimes you just have no words all you can do is laugh at the stupidity. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

One of my cousins was making an infrequent visit to "the city" (Jonesboro, Arkansas) last week. As she was about to pull away from the stop line her car died. THEN she noticed the light was red for her.

"It was a SIGN!"

Same as noticing a bad spot on a cucumber before cutting it up for the salad, and a bumper crop of nightcrawlers before a fishing trip. Such a mighty god.
  [Image: attachment.php?aid=31] Dog