Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy International Workers' Day comrades!

Cease not the struggle against capitalism Wink

[Image: 6d60bf63f286d488f1cef0f8293d1338.jpg]
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 3 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, julep, skyking

You have a point.

[Image: 37383cb253efa1b95628d0a2d3ab07bb.jpg]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

(05-01-2021, 05:47 AM)Minimalist Wrote: You have a point.

I think so too. While I abhor communism apologists and past attempts at building it I heartily agree that capitalism must be restrained least we end with bunch of robber barons with all the money and shitty wages that must be subsidized by gov.

Socrates.
The following 4 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Deesse23, GenesisNemesis, jerry mcmasters, skyking

*raises fist in solidarity*
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 3 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Szuchow, GenesisNemesis, skyking

Happy May Day, Comrade Cat!
The following 3 users Like Astreja's post:
  • Szuchow, GenesisNemesis, skyking

Yes because this is what happens when you raise wages for workers, give them more vacation time, and more focus on safety regulations. Or something.  Consider
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

This "work" you speak of...
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Dom

I got the pitchforks. Who's bringing the torches to the barricades, Comrade Cat?
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Szuchow, Deesse23

(05-01-2021, 12:27 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I got the pitchforks. Who's bringing the torches to the barricades, Comrade Cat?

Guess I can spare some.

Socrates.

I'm retired and too old to give hoot.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, SYZ

(05-01-2021, 12:55 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: I'm retired and too old to give hoot.

One could argue taking better care of workers benefits everyone, and would improve an economy as a whole. I'd much rather live in a society that has greatly improved mental health than one that's like the U.S. is right now, for example. It doesn't make much sense in my.mind not to care about the general mental health of the nation you live in. There are many negative consequences of disregarding that.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Szuchow, Bcat

I will show my support for my compatriots in this world-wide struggle by refusing to go in to work today.  Hug
The following 6 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Dānu, Dom, Astreja, skyking, Thumpalumpacus, Bcat

(05-01-2021, 02:31 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I will show my support for my compatriots in this world-wide struggle by refusing to go in to work today.  Hug

I sense snideness in this comment, just making sure I'm not misinterpreting...

(05-01-2021, 02:31 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I will show my support for my compatriots in this world-wide struggle by refusing to go in to work today.  Hug

Every blow against capitalist oppressors count. Even tinniest one, made by soft bourgeoisie in the name of his comfort rather than cause to revolutionary fervor. 

Tongue

Socrates.
The following 3 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dom, skyking

(05-01-2021, 02:40 PM)Szuchow Wrote:

Every blow against capitalist oppressors count. Even tinniest one, made by soft bourgeoisie in the name of his comfort rather than cause to revolutionary fervor. 

Tongue

If there's one thing capitalist zealots hate, it's a worker using their leisure time for comfort. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Szuchow

(05-01-2021, 02:36 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:

I sense snideness in this comment, just making sure I'm not misinterpreting...

None intended.  Was meant as a joke, though...not too funny.

I appreciate your asking for clarification.  We should all do that more often.
The following 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dom

I'm afraid I initially read the title of this thread as "Happy International Wankers day comrades" 

I may need a new pair of glasses.  Big Grin Chuckle
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Leaving work early today even though I will run out of unpaid time off. Don't care though! No guilt.  Sun

(05-01-2021, 09:05 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:

Yes because this is what happens when you raise wages for workers, give them more vacation time, and more focus on safety regulations. Or something.  Consider

Funny how Western Europe managed it but, you know, Murrica can't do shit.

Maybe its because we don't try?
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(05-01-2021, 01:28 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:

One could argue taking better care of workers benefits everyone, and would improve an economy as a whole. I'd much rather live in a society that has greatly improved mental health than one that's like the U.S. is right now, for example. It doesn't make much sense in my.mind not to care about the general mental health of the nation you live in. There are many negative consequences of disregarding that.

My father was a capitalist whose company was successful for over three decades because he paid his workers top wages and arranged for them to have generous overtime, medical and unemployment benefits.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Minimalist

Wankers of the World Unite!

@adey67
Big Grin

Bravo brothers, keep up the good works. i have picketed on the streets for my brothers and will do so again as needed.
test signature
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Szuchow

(05-02-2021, 02:49 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

My father was a capitalist whose company was successful for over three decades because he paid his workers top wages and arranged for them to have generous overtime, medical and unemployment benefits.

One of my uncles is a business owner, he thinks we should nuke Iran. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

(05-02-2021, 02:49 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

Even Amazon knows that if you pay minimum wage you get an unmotivated labor force which will abandon you in a New York Minute.