Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It Isn't Only The Arabs Who Gather At Tombs of Old Dead Assholes

The jews did it, too.   With disastrous result.

https://www.rawstory.com/massive-stamped...nce-began/

Quote:A massive stampede at a densely packed Jewish pilgrimage site killed at least 44 people in northern Israel on Friday, with rescue workers facing chaotic crowds while trying to evacuate the injured.

Quote:Ultra-Orthodox Jews, known in Israel as haredim, have throughout the pandemic shown resistance towards health and safety measures mandated by the government.Ultra-Orthodox Jews, known in Israel as haredim, have throughout the pandemic shown resistance towards health and safety measures mandated by the government.

That sounds familiar.

Quote:Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called it a "heavy disaster" and said he was "praying for the injured".

Another "Thoughts and Prayers" shithead.  That sounds familiar, too.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dom

I'm sure the people who were trampling on others were praying they'd get out too.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Also this seems to prove that religion doesn't work, considering they're willing to trample over their own brethren. But I guess they'll continue to lecture us about how we need religion to be good people and all that bullshit.
Sometimes you just have no words all you can do is laugh at the stupidity. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
The following 5 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, abaris, jerry mcmasters, Szuchow, TheGentlemanBastard

Did not the Torah predict this ? Oh wait. It didn't.
Under the category of "no shit Sherlock", we have the way to *test* prophesy.
https://outorah.org/p/788/
I am the Lord thy Dog. Thou shalt have no other dogs before me.

(04-30-2021, 04:17 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: I'm sure the people who were trampling on others were praying they'd get out too.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Also this seems to prove that religion doesn't work, considering they're willing to trample over their own brethren. But I guess they'll continue to lecture us about how we need religion to be good people and all that bullshit.

"Of course we're all children of God. Now get the fuck outta my way!"
Freedom isn't free.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, TheGentlemanBastard

Quote:This year, over 100,000 people attended the overnight festival despite Israeli authorities warning that a large congregation may lead to the spread of Covid -19. Rescue officials have since said that the festival site was only equipped to handle perhaps a quarter of the number of people who showed up on Thursday night.

It's very, very difficult to feel sympathy for these dumb fucks. Bung 20,000 people in a Tesco's car park and see what happens.

My bold.

Israeli media outlets said 90,000 massed at the site, a figure that could not be
immediately confirmed from official sources.

No masks, no 1.5 metre separation, and numbers way above those authorised for the space.

[Image: a3087fdc5abffe56266e38fc5da25aaf]

The police "closed it (the exit ramp)... then, more people arrived, and more and more... and
police wouldn't let them exit, so people started to fall on top of each other", said 18-year-old
Shmuel.

Dov Maisel, of the United Hatzala rescue services said "It took me back to the period of the
Palestinian militant bombings. There was chaos, people trying to save themselves as they
crushed each other".

Helpfully, survivors lit candles for the victims while others prayed.  Well, fuck me, the police  
and rescue workers must've been really, really grateful for that—as it obviously lessened their
load enormously.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Minimalist, brunumb

(04-30-2021, 04:49 PM)Inkubus Wrote:
Quote:This year, over 100,000 people attended the overnight festival despite Israeli authorities warning that a large congregation may lead to the spread of Covid -19. Rescue officials have since said that the festival site was only equipped to handle perhaps a quarter of the number of people who showed up on Thursday night.

It's very, very difficult to feel sympathy for these dumb fucks. Bung 20,000 people in a Tesco's car park and see what happens.

My bold.

Would it have been sad and tragic if they had gathered for a music festival or sports event?

(04-30-2021, 04:56 PM)SYZ Wrote: Helpfully, survivors lit candles for the victims while others prayed.  Well, fuck me, the police  
and rescue workers must've been really, really grateful for that—as it obviously lessened their
load enormously.

What would you tell them they should have done?

(04-30-2021, 08:52 PM)Aliza Wrote:

My bold.

Would it have been sad and tragic if they had gathered for a music festival or sports event?

No.  It would be stupid and tragic, as this event was.
god, ugh
The following 4 users Like julep's post:
  • Dom, Thumpalumpacus, Gwaithmir, Szuchow

(04-30-2021, 08:58 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 04:56 PM)SYZ Wrote: Helpfully, survivors lit candles for the victims while others prayed.  Well, fuck me, the police  
load enormously.

What would you tell them they should have done?

Lend a hand?  Get the fuck out of the way?

Almost anything is better than fucking praying.
The following 5 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Inkubus, SYZ, brunumb, Gwaithmir, Szuchow

(04-30-2021, 08:58 PM)Aliza Wrote: What would you tell them they should have done?

Get the fuck out of the way for the response units. They're actually helping.
The following 2 users Like abaris's post:
  • SYZ, Gwaithmir

(04-30-2021, 08:52 PM)Aliza Wrote:

My bold.

Yes absolutely. Because such events are very strictly organised and regulated and when this does happen people are sent to jail. Religious gatherings not so much. That’s because the faithful need to be close to their god and are blind to the dangers that are so fucking obvious.

1,426 Mecca July 2, 1990.
270 Mecca May 23, 1994.
118 Mecca April 9, 1998.
251 February 1, 2004. Mecca.
291 January 25, 2005 Maharashtra.
345 January 12, 2006 Mecca.
102 January 15, 2011 Kerala.
770 September 24, 2015 Mina.

They also make great targets for other Holy Horseshitters.

https://www.france24.com/en/20090213-sui...rbala-iraq

Quote:Suicide bombing kills dozens of Shia pilgrims

At least they went out doing something they loved. Chanting and wearing funny clothes.

(05-01-2021, 12:22 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: At least they went out doing something they loved.  Chanting and wearing funny clothes.

"Funny"?  Who said Jews wear funny clothes dammit!

[Image: 1*SAQsAq498xBho3x-hnupfg.jpeg]

[Image: lev-tahor-2.jpg]

[Image: ny-1527808668-sw1uhszdpv-snap-image]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

All the clergy or whatever they are called in the various religions of the world wear funny clothes.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Religion and funny clothes are like milk and cookies -- they belong together.
Freedom isn't free.

(05-01-2021, 02:04 AM)Dom Wrote: All the clergy or whatever they are called in the various religions of the world wear funny clothes.

They think their god likes it.

(05-01-2021, 01:25 AM)SYZ Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 12:22 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: At least they went out doing something they loved.  Chanting and wearing funny clothes.

Imagine you're a graduate from a western university and you've been invited to Tel Aviv to run the tech department of a new company. And this monkey is conducting the interview.

[Image: 4436-jewish-men-with-sidelocks-peoth-BP5K0Y.jpg]

You would grab the next flight home. How can anyone take these clowns seriously?
The following 1 user Likes Inkubus's post:
  • Minimalist

(05-01-2021, 05:06 AM)Inkubus Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:25 AM)SYZ Wrote:

Imagine you're a graduate from a western university and you've been invited to Tel Aviv to run the tech department of a new company. And this monkey is conducting the interview.

[Image: 4436-jewish-men-with-sidelocks-peoth-BP5K0Y.jpg]

You would grab the next flight home. How can anyone take these clowns seriously?

Why would you go to a foreign country to interview for a position if you didn't know who was interviewing you?

... and if the tech company was in Israel, why would they need to hire foreign help?

(04-30-2021, 10:18 PM)abaris Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 08:58 PM)Aliza Wrote: What would you tell them they should have done?

Get the fuck out of the way for the response units. They're actually helping.

So you think right after a stampede, people went to retrieve candles (and matches!) and they returned to the site to pack themselves in once again and block response units from doing their jobs? I understand that some people here assume that religious people are too stupid to tie their own shoes, but it seems to me that even people who can't tie shoes would leave the site and then pray, thus freeing up the space for response workers to do their thing.

I'll bet their prayers didn't harm anyone at all, and may have even soothed those 100K people and their families who were just involved in a terrifying experience. Perhaps an 80 year old man who is in no condition to assist rescue crews can at least find some comfort. Maybe the 20 year old is physically able acknowledges that they're not trained to assist rescue crews and they may only gum up the works, so they pray to process the event and promote their own emotional healing. I suspect if too many unskilled, able bodied people tried to help, they'd have only put everyone at risk of being in another stampede.

Really, all those clothes and thousands more are just traditional folk clothing. The world lost all of it in the last century or so. It's actually really interesting once you get into it and read some of the history associated with it.

Most of it is very colorful though, even male clothing.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Tra...BasicHover
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Aliza

Worrying about what other people are wearing is a very Southern Baptist thing.
Freedom isn't free.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Aliza

(05-01-2021, 01:13 PM)Aliza Wrote: So you think right after a stampede, people went to retrieve candles (and matches!) and they returned to the site to pack themselves in once again and block response units from doing their jobs?

According to news coverage, they did exactly that. Staying put to pray, thereby making the rescue all the more difficult. Yes, the ultra religious, tend to be too stupid to tie their own shoes. It already started when they packed themselves together, in times of Covid 19 and it contributed to the disaster, because about ten times as many people than were allowed by the authorities, came to the site.
The following 2 users Like abaris's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, brunumb

(05-01-2021, 02:13 PM)abaris Wrote:
(05-01-2021, 01:13 PM)Aliza Wrote: So you think right after a stampede, people went to retrieve candles (and matches!) and they returned to the site to pack themselves in once again and block response units from doing their jobs?

According to news coverage, they did exactly that. Staying put to pray, thereby making the rescue all the more difficult. Yes, the ultra religious, tend to be too stupid to tie their own shoes. It already started when they packed themselves together, in times of Covid 19 and it contributed to the disaster, because about ten times as many people than were allowed by the authorities, came to the site.

If they legit blocked rescue crews, then they're as dumb as dumb can be.
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, Cavebear