Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And Allah Just Watched......

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56875804

Quote:Iraq Covid hospital fire: 82 dead after 'oxygen tank explodes'

At least 82 people have been killed in a fire at a hospital treating coronavirus patients in the capital of Iraq, Baghdad.

More than 100 others were injured in the blaze, which erupted at the Ibn Khatib hospital on Saturday night.

Like all gods.... useless when something needs to be done.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Free, GenesisNemesis, Deesse23

(04-25-2021, 09:02 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56875804

At least 82 people have been killed in a fire at a hospital treating coronavirus patients in the capital of Iraq, Baghdad.

More than 100 others were injured in the blaze, which erupted at the Ibn Khatib hospital on Saturday night.

I read that book about Allah. He sucks.

Lord of the Rings was better.
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org
The following 2 users Like Free's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Cavebear

Dr Seuss....read by Ted Cruz... was better!

(04-25-2021, 10:11 PM)Free Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 09:02 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56875804

Indeed!  Thumbs Up

“Nine ships there were: four for Elendil, and for Isildur three, and for Anárion two; and they fled before the black gale out of the twilight of doom into the darkness of the world. And the deeps rose beneath them in towering anger, and the waves like unto the mountains moving with great caps of writhen snow bore them up amid the wreckage of the clouds, and after many days cast them away upon the shores of Middle Earth.

“And Erú spake, saying: ‘Behold! These lands are forever yours from the white shores of the sea isles and coastal regions to the green forests, fair plains and valleys, and great mountain ranges.’

“And, thus, did Elendil stand upon the sandy beach of the new land and proclaim: ‘Out of the Great Sea to Middle Earth I have come. Here I shall dwell, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.’” (The Silmarillion: Akallabêth: 75-77)
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Cavebear, brunumb, Free

Even the omnipotent need a day of rest, come on now.
Freedom isn't free.

(04-25-2021, 10:11 PM)Free Wrote:

The Silmarillion had a better origin story...
Atheist born and when I die, still an atheist...
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Free

A further thought. If you can't write a better origin story that is more consistent and rational than the Judea/Christin/Moslem one, you really suck as a writer... I mean, if self-published companies saw the bible for the first time, they might even refuse to bother accepting it as "too badly written and unsellable".
Atheist born and when I die, still an atheist...
The following 2 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Minimalist

Only non-believers die tragically, all the believers only die happily. Duh.  Can't find any problems with that logic. It's foolproof!  Consider
Sometimes you just have no words all you can do is laugh at the stupidity. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Dancefortwo

(04-25-2021, 09:02 PM)Minimalist Wrote: ...At least 82 people have been killed in a fire at a hospital treating coronavirus patients in the capital of Iraq, Baghdad.

Oh shit... they're gonna be 10 virgins short.    

[Image: alan-snackbar.jpg]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Minimalist

Perhaps he also stroked himself?
Man’s innate yearning for freedom can be suppressed but never destroyed. Totalitarianism cannot renounce violence. If it does, it perishes. Eternal, ceaseless violence, overt or covert, is the basis of totalitarianism. Man does not renounce freedom voluntarily.

Vasily Grossman
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Ah!  Now we know what allah was doing while the hospital burned.   He was smiling down on this barbaric display.

https://www.rawstory.com/taliban-tribuna...the-phone/

Quote: Taliban tribunal gives woman 40 lashes for talking to a man on the phone

Agence France-Presse
April 26, 2021

Quote:According to our Observers, this young woman was accused of "immoral relations" because she spoke on the phone with a young man. The man was also arrested and is being held in a Taliban prison.

8th century fuckheads.